Cardinal Mooney HC placed on Leave

I hope someone checked the visiting locker room at Hubbard Memorial Stadium after the game to see if anything was broken during his "out of control tirade" according to WFMJ.
What I’ve been told from a kids parent from Mooney was that he was going off on his assistants for only having 10 on the field the last play, and not the kids. I checked the game to see and that stands to be true. All this other stuff tho is not good

Haven’t seen it yet, but Carl has a terrible record(personally) everywhere he has been. Quite a few stories from Nebraska. Ditto FIU. And BG. Why Mooney hired him is a shocker given his track record. Needless to say he has his brother to thank for the YSU job. And Bo was another piece of work. Mooney looks like complete fools.

This doesn’t surprise me. Carl and Bo both have bad tempers.
Another brother is a cardiologist. He does shocking things all the time.

To all the Massillon trolls: that was a joke.
Thanks for clarifying, because it wasn't funny.
I'm not surprise you answered my post.

I'm also not surprised you liked a post (you're a pathetic person) responding to what was clearly a joke (not abusive, just italian)
You guys need to get out a little bit and read, relax, repeat.

I'm not surprise you answered my post.

I'm also not surprised you liked a post (you're a pathetic person) responding to what was clearly a joke (not abusive, just italian)
You guys need to get out a little bit and read, relax, repeat.
And I'm not surprised you mentioned Massillon in a thread that has nothing to do with them.

#wearealwaysonyourmind

Recruits stopped coming when Chaney opened up and amill got that job, doesn’t help reardon is back in town either
I hate to say it. But with a huge rise in murders and shootings in the city this year alone I'd be in a hurry to get my kid out of the city. Ursuline and mooney included. Way to many have been kids 18 and under. I will acknowledge this isn't a option for a lot of youngstown parents.

I hate to say it. But with a huge rise in murders and shootings in the city this year alone I'd be in a hurry to get my kid out of the city. Ursuline and mooney included. Way to many have been kids 18 and under. I will acknowledge this isn't a option for a lot of youngstown parents.
Especially with the location of Mooney high school. It’s in the worst neighborhood in the city.

Haven’t seen it yet, but Carl has a terrible record(personally) everywhere he has been. Quite a few stories from Nebraska. Ditto FIU. And BG. Why Mooney hired him is a shocker given his track record. Needless to say he has his brother to thank for the YSU job. And Bo was another piece of work. Mooney looks like complete fools.
FAU. Don't insult us calling us fiu. We can win conference titles and bowl games and have a great on campus stadium ?

Ursuline does fare better location wise compared to CMHS--with YSU in their backyard and being directly on Wick Ave, close to downtown. And crime doesn't just happen in the city. It's a problem throughout the valley. First and foremost parents don't want their kids in harms way.

Ursuline does fare better location wise compared to CMHS--with YSU in their backyard and being directly on Wick Ave, close to downtown. And crime doesn't just happen in the city. It's a problem throughout the valley. First and foremost parents don't want their kids in harms way.
It’s a lot more rare if it’s in a community not named the city of youngstown. I just seen a wkbn article a little bit ago today marks 30 shootings in 30 days for the city. No other city around probably has more then 1

It’s a lot more rare if it’s in a community not named the city of youngstown. I just seen a wkbn article a little bit ago today marks 30 shootings in 30 days for the city. No other city around probably has more then 1

I doubt that Youngstown isn’t any more violent than it has always been. It’s just broadcasted more now will social media. Same with Warren, which was way more violent when I was growing up in the 80’s & 90’s. Now, technology has made the world smaller, so we all pretty much know each other now. When stuff happens, it has more “shock value” since we’re more connected now than we used to be. People be like, “IT’S SO BAD HERE NOW!” when it’s always been like this. We just have fewer positive distractions (jobs, rec centers, community involvement, etc.) than we did back in the day.

As for Mooney, it seems like they’re handling this unfortunate situation well so far. People were questioning the Pelini hire to begin with, but I think that it shows how Mooney doesn’t turn their back on their alumni. Sadly, it didn’t work out, but I respect them for not acting like Pelini never existed because of his past. Happens too often.

When the "VAST" majority of the 2021 8th graders at St. Charles went to Ursuline? That's a big problem. I heard from a parent 23 of the 28 went to Ursuline. Meaning within the 5, how many then went to Boardman or Canfield? I would assume maybe 3 or 4?
Ursuline has always used st christines as a feeder though

I wonder how Mooney's players will react to this. This will either galvanize them and they become a better team, or all the attention deflates them and they throw in the towel mentally. Now I'm not exactly shedding tears for Mooney, but all the negative press must suck for the kids. If the coach screamed at them non-stop as was mentioned earlier in this thread, the kids might be happy about this.

As of now he still hasn’t turned himself in. And that’s even after meeting with his attorney. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s waiting to get SOMETHING out of his system.

I wonder how Mooney's players will react to this. This will either galvanize them and they become a better team, or all the attention deflates them and they throw in the towel mentally. Now I'm not exactly shedding tears for Mooney, but all the negative press must suck for the kids. If the coach screamed at them non-stop as was mentioned earlier in this thread, the kids might be happy about this.
That could be a rallying point for the kids, especially if they have a good relationship with the interm coach

As of now he still hasn’t turned himself in. And that’s even after meeting with his attorney. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s waiting to get SOMETHING out of his system.
Wouldn't matter. Since he wasn't arrested when it happened it's a moot point because any good attorney would argue that if he tested positive now, he could have used it in between when it happened and now.

First there was "where's Waldo"?

And now it's been replaced with "where's Carl"?

If Pelini is released of his duties. And they decide not to go with Tucci. It's time to hire somebody who is not in the "Mooney family." If the school wants to clean this up entirely, then start from the beginning. I do believe that being it's a catholic institution, a catholic who knows the religion should be hired.

You have to question the judgement of a Catholic school that hired a guy with a lot of baggage in his past. It's a blot on Mooney and reflects a kind of hypocrisy. No wonder religion has lost its following and way.

Ursuline has always used st christines as a feeder though
Until recent years there were strict territorial boundries set in stone for all Diocesan parishes and schools mostly set by the Mahoning River. Westside, Eastside, Northside, Campbell, Austintown, Liberty, Hubbard, Girard were Ursuline feeders. Southside, Boardman, Struthers, Poland, Canfield, were Mooney feeders. The kid from Brookfield who is now at CM would have had to go to JFK, etc. The enrollments at CM & UHS were fairly even throughout. I'm not sure which Bishop changed the arrangements so families can now send there kids wherever they'd like. Tobin or Murry. It has worked in Ursuline's favor the last 8 years or so but before that CM had the upper hand. Many factors are involved, especially how parents perceive the differences academically, where kid's friends are attending, safety of neighborhoods, the cultures of the schools, etc. The expressway right by Ursuline helps, too. It's easy to get to.

If Pelini is released of his duties. And they decide not to go with Tucci. It's time to hire somebody who is not in the "Mooney family." If the school wants to clean this up entirely, then start from the beginning. I do believe that being it's a catholic institution, a catholic who knows the religion should be hired.
Lmao you think that would ever happen?