Week 2 Winton Woods v Lasalle

It looks like the JV game got canceled and the freshmen will play Monday at 7:30 at Lancer stadium.

Last edited:
New offense system and inexperienced o lineman.

Yeah, they had no answer for No. 8 ... he caused a lot of havoc for the Warriors. La Salle defenders seemed to be too fast overall for them too, which surprised me going against a Winton Woods team. You can see a lot of potential there, though. My humble opinion is that 17 needs a full game at QB. He was much, much better.

Can anyone who watched the feed fill me in on the weird spot after a punt in the fourth quarter? La Salle clearly downed the ball inside the 10 and WW got it at the 12 or 13.

Yeah, they had no answer for No. 8 ... he caused a lot of havoc for the Warriors. La Salle defenders seemed to be too fast overall for them too, which surprised me going against a Winton Woods team. You can see a lot of potential there, though. My humble opinion is that 17 needs a full game at QB. He was much, much better.
I was impressed with WW #17 too, His passing kept LS on their heels. When did the Warriors become such a good passing team? LS needs to tighten up its pass defense big time. What saved LS in this game were the interceptions (3 by three different players), a pick 6 and the red zone interceptions.

I was impressed with WW #17 too, His passing kept LS on their heels. When did the Warriors become such a good passing team? LS needs to tighten up its pass defense big time.

The DBs just need to gain some experience. They are young ... very young ... but very talented and extremely well coached. They had two big INTs at the end of the game, which looked like good plays from as far away as I was. Early on, there were some tipped balls I thought should have been picked, so they improved and will continue to. Beasely is going to be great.

WW 17 gave them, it seemed, a different look that La Salle had to adjust to. He didn't simply throw the ball off the hands of a lineman. Also, the WW receivers caght the damn ball that was throw to them. Imagine the score if the LS receivers did that all night, both this week and last week. (side note: there were a lot of overthrows too)

Can anyone who watched the feed fill me in on the weird spot after a punt in the fourth quarter? La Salle clearly downed the ball inside the 10 and WW got it at the 12 or 13.
Official had a brain freeze assuming LaSalle was going to accept the running into the punter flag but it was 4th n 8. So he just ran up the field to “administer and totally forgot where the ball was downed. Remember they were down a guy when their partner decided to join the cramps and hamstring party and left the game limping. It was unreal and evident that a large faction did not hydrate properly all week.

Official had a brain freeze assuming LaSalle was going to accept the running into the punter flag but it was 4th n 8. So he just ran up the field to “administer and totally forgot where the ball was downed. Remember they were down a guy when their partner decided to join the cramps and hamstring party and left the game limping. It was unreal and evident that a large faction did not hydrate properly all week.

I missed the ref coming out. Jesus, man. Water and bananas, folks. We have football games in August every year ... know the procedure and take care of yourself.

That dude was bad. Real bad. I appreciate the refs still doing the gig, but that was bad. He was behind robbing Payne of a TD in the fourth too. I didn't see the first two call-backs up close, but that one was terrible.

The DBs just need to gain some experience. They are young ... very young ... but very talented and extremely well coached. They had two big INTs at the end of the game, which looked like good plays from as far away as I was. Early on, there were some tipped balls I thought should have been picked, so they improved and will continue to. Beasely is going to be great.

WW 17 gave them, it seemed, a different look that La Salle had to adjust to. He didn't simply throw the ball off the hands of a lineman. Also, the WW receivers caght the damn ball that was throw to them. Imagine the score if the LS receivers did that all night, both this week and last week. (side note: there were a lot of overthrows too)
#17 Lawson I bet wanted that INT back in the red zone in the 4th Q. The screen left was well covered. He may or may not have been able to loft it over the LS defender. Now the play blew up and he scrambled left. He just didn’t see the LB standing there on the goal line and hit him between the numbers. Kid needed to chuck it thru the pipes. Overall a sloppy night by both teams. Way too many silly holding penalties while Payne runs the ball and yes the drops have to stop with the schedule ratcheting up big time.

I missed the ref coming out. Jesus, man. Water and bananas, folks. We have football games in August every year ... know the procedure and take care of yourself.

That dude was bad. Real bad. I appreciate the refs still doing the gig, but that was bad. He was behind robbing Payne of a TD in the fourth too. I didn't see the first two call-backs up close, but that one was terrible.
Pickle juice

#17 Lawson I bet wanted that INT back in the red zone in the 4th Q. The screen left was well covered. He may or may not have been able to loft it over the LS defender. Now the play blew up and he scrambled left. He just didn’t see the LB standing there on the goal line and hit him between the numbers. Kid needed to chuck it thru the pipes. Overall a sloppy night by both teams. Way too many silly holding penalties while Payne runs the ball and yes the drops have to stop with the schedule ratcheting up big time.
17 only had so long each play before getting planted by 8, so I get it.

The drops are frustrating because every now and then 16 would actually hit a route and the ball hits the turf.

New offense system and inexperienced o lineman. Things have to get fixed definitely but damn. One game at a time. I may donate some money and get more donations so these can eat better and get proper hydration. The kids are being told what to do but it’s going to have to be forced upon them some how. You think a team like Lasalle has to worry about meals and hydration? WW administration is very tight with the budget. I’m trying to challenge you guys to help instead of acting like the ridiculous fans that so called support WW. I’m going to see what I can do to help.
New offense system and inexperienced o lineman. Things have to get fixed definitely but damn. One game at a time. I may donate some money and get more donations so these can eat better and get proper hydration. The kids are being told what to do but it’s going to have to be forced upon them some how. You think a team like Lasalle has to worry about meals and hydration? WW administration is very tight with the budget. I’m trying to challenge you guys to help instead of acting like the ridiculous fans that so called support WW. I’m going to see what I can do to help.
Well blue, i will just say this and then leave it alone with no more comments , after all its time to move onto next game.
as i said before you and i must be watching two different games or at least seeing the game totally from different view points

You seem to only focus on the improvements that we ww posters post, but i guess you didn't read when i said concerning this game that it's only one game, i said i was more concerned with not this game but were will we be later in the year.

I am really concerned with our improvements and getting better.

The past two games, both defenses have loaded the box stopping spikes and the run game, what is Ridiculous is that the coaching staff does not make the necessary adjustments, ie, screen play, draws, counter plays, reverse , something to loosen up the D

Once again for the second consecutive game, our QB1 who does have skill and talent, struggled and was way off with his passes, partly due to the lack of blocking, what is RIDICULOUS is that once again the coaching staff did not make the adjustment.
several passes being knocked down, not reading the read option correctly , etc.

The QB needs to flip flop half and start QB17, why? what harm could it cause, what do we have to lose, I know you don't want to give up on QB1 and maybe shatter is confidence , which is why you keep him involved in the offense, extra RB, H-back, still playing QB on certain situations, etc. But what is RIDICULOUS is we all can see it from the stands and it obviously clear that right now at this point in the season, QB17 seems to have a better grip and command of the offense. But the coaching staff will not make the adjustments

QB1 is very skilled and talented, so you get him involved in other ways.

The penalties that we have each game, each year is RIDICULOUS, just silly calls
The lack of discipline at times is RIDICULOUS
The coaching staff not making the adjustments in a timely manner is RIDICULOUS
It's very frustrating to see the team not play up to the expectations of WW football.
That's why you have assistant coaches and position coaches, to make the necessary adjustments.
Go to head coach and say, hey lets try this, and if he is a coach that doesn't listen or take advice then that's a whole different issue.

How many players do we have, each player I'm sure has a parent, parents, aunt, uncle, etc. have certain parents each week donate water and gatorade to team. Kroger across the street and 24 packs for 2.79?

Have parents in groups get together and ask them to donate money for team meals, heck 5-10 parents each put in some money for
team food, etc. have they been asked?

the only thing RIDICULOUS is that I AM RIDICULOUSLY PASSIONATE about WW football.

GO WARRIORS

Last edited:
Well blue, i will just this and then leave it alone with no more comments , after all its time to move onto next game.
as i said before you and i must be watching two different games or at least seeing the game totally from different view points

You seem to only focus on the improvements that we ww posters post, but i guess you didn't read when i said concerning this game that it's only one game, i said i was more concerned with not this game but were will we be later in the year.

I am really concerned with our improvements and getting better.

The past two games, both defenses have loaded the box stopping spikes and the run game, what is Ridiculous is that the coaching staff does not make the necessary adjustments, ie, screen play, draws, counter plays, reverse , something to loosen up the D

Once again for the second consecutive game, our QB1 who does have skill and talent, struggled and was way off with his passes, partly due to the lack of blocking, what is RIDICULOUS is that once again the coaching staff did not make the adjustment.
several passes being knocked down, not reading the read option correctly , etc.

The QB needs to flip flop half and start QB17, why? what harm could it cause, what do we have to lose, I know you don't want to give up on QB1 and maybe shatter is confidence , which is why you keep him involved in the offense, extra RB, H-back, still playing QB on certain situations, etc. But what is RIDICULOUS is we all can see it from the stands and it obviously clear that right now at this point in the season, QB17 seems to have a better grip and command of the offense. But the coaching staff will not make the adjustments

QB1 is very skilled and talented, so you get him involved in other ways.

The penalties that we have each game, each year is RIDICULOUS, just silly calls
The lack of discipline at times is RIDICULOUS
The coaching staff not making the adjustments in a timely manner is RIDICULOUS
It's very frustrating to see the team not play up to the expectations of WW football.
That's why you have assistant coaches and position coaches, to make the necessary adjustments.
Go to head coach and say, hey lets try this, and if he is a coach that doesn't listen or take advice then that's a whole different issue.

How many players do we have, each player I'm sure has a parent, parents, aunt, uncle, etc. have certain parents each week donate water and gatorade to team. Kroger across the street and 24 packs for 2.79?

Have parents in groups get together and ask them to donate money for team meals, heck 5-10 parents each put in some money for
team food, etc. have they been asked?

the only thing RIDICULOUS is that I AM RIDICULOUSLY PASSIONATE about WW football.

GO WARRIORS
You know football and most WW fans in our group do too. I was really disturbed at the # of fans standing by the fence yelling and cussing at the coaches! They need to do that from the stand if the want.
I am trying to get things rolling for a pregame meal after school on Friday’s. Keep the kids from leaving and stop from eating all the junk they eat.
I saw last nights film. We are not far away from being where we need to be! Kids and coaches are continuing to learn each other.
Coach Murp hasn’t called the offense his coordinator does that.
Do you know what happened in the QB situation? One of them quit a a couple of weeks ago and decided to transfer. He then changed his mind. So they both are getting reps but I’m sure that will soon change soon.
Many things go on behind the scenes. Some of those things determine decision made on Friday night.
Everyone has there right to complain. But I rather use that energy to help the situation and trust in the process.

GO WARRIORS!

You know football and most WW fans in our group do too. I was really disturbed at the # of fans standing by the fence yelling and cussing at the coaches! They need to do that from the stand if the want.
I am trying to get things rolling for a pregame meal after school on Friday’s. Keep the kids from leaving and stop from eating all the junk they eat.
I saw last nights film. We are not far away from being where we need to be! Kids and coaches are continuing to learn each other.
Do you know what happened in the QB situation? One of them quit a a couple of weeks ago and decided to transfer. He then changed his mind. So they both are getting reps but I’m sure that will soon change soon.
Many things go on behind the scenes. Some of those things determine decision made on Friday night.
Everyone has there right to complain. But I rather use that energy to help the situation and trust in the process.

GO WARRIORS!
Well thanks for update, yes I’m sure a lot of things go on behind scenes.
I will also let you know, I did not attend the game in person, I watched the live stream lasalle was showing.
I did go to first game at trotwood though. For personal reasons I’m not trying to be around a bunch of folks with Covid-19 still running around.

I did hear something about a QB trying to transfer to Princeton? not sure if that is who your referring too, but Princeton has a good QB and a young QB that I am hearing is pretty descent. But nevertheless, it is what it is I guess.

so because of Covid, I did not attend any games last yr. , I watched all games on line or wsycross. so the trot wood game was me just needing to
see WW in person.

Even when I do attend in person, I have never, ever shouted or cuss at coaches. That’s not my style.

Go Warriors

Last edited:
Warrior Nation needs to take a chill pill. It is very likely these 2 teams will see each other again. The Warriors will learn from this experience. On to the ECC fellas.

WW held their own,
Yeah LaSalle made some mistakes that kept the game close but WW did improve from week one rolling up more yardage then LaSalle.
WW struggled on 3rd down again... But the 80 yards rushing was a huge improvement...BTW Last weeks opponent Trotwood got crushed again so yeah they are not very good thus the 300+ yards of O vs. a quality opponent is a sign of life for WW...

Kings will be a test and its tough to say but ECC co champs want to seal the deal this year as they dominated 2 GMC schools to start the season... Should be a very good game.

GO WARRIORS!
Ppl are not happy that this coach is here I jus don’t see it ending well at WW nobody knows this coach or wat he’s doing we used to could at least go to the triple to get some ball movement i guess he’s tryin turn WW into a passing team which I ain’t opposed to but u better find a QB

I'm going on record saying the hiring of the head coach was a poor decision, I've seen absolutely nothing on the offensive side of the ball, the Warriors always has a suspect OLine yet they found a way to move the ball. The RB and QB are suspect, I know their is somebody in the program that can run the system better then the current option. I was very hopeful for a polished product yet, I've witnessed pure trash on one side of the ball, both games.
This is not the Warrior football I've grown accustomed to watching, please fix this asap. I hope this coach proves me wrong.

I'm going on record saying the hiring of the head coach was a poor decision, I've seen absolutely nothing on the offensive side of the ball, the Warriors always has a suspect OLine yet they found a way to move the ball. The RB and QB are suspect, I know their is somebody in the program that can run the system better then the current option. I was very hopeful for a polished product yet, I've witnessed pure trash on one side of the ball, both games.
This is not the Warrior football I've grown accustomed to watching, please fix this asap. I hope this coach proves me wrong.
Here's the skinny on everything. There are a plethora of talent in the sophomore and freshman classes. The head coach believes the current senior class got a raw deal when Parker decided to leave so he has given the senior class the keys to the program and choose to develop the younger kids by playing them on jv. The 2024 class hasn't lost a game on the freshman level or the jv level. However they do play the sophomore lineman on varsity. Some of these seniors played jv as juniors so they have waited their turn essentially. There is next level talent in the program they're just young boys marinating

Numbers don't lie people do!! They need too find a identity Offensively and get the O line together but it might take a couple of games. I believe it's only 2 linemen with Varsity experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20210528_171927_751.jpg
    IMG_20210528_171927_751.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210528_171927_751.jpg
    IMG_20210528_171927_751.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 17
Here's the skinny on everything. There are a plethora of talent in the sophomore and freshman classes. The head coach believes the current senior class got a raw deal when Parker decided to leave so he has given the senior class the keys to the program and choose to develop the younger kids by playing them on jv. The 2024 class hasn't lost a game on the freshman level or the jv level. However they do play the sophomore lineman on varsity. Some of these seniors played jv as juniors so they have waited their turn essentially. There is next level talent in the program they're just young boys marinating
He needs to play the best players or risk getting booed out of Frederick stadium, this is unacceptable.

Numbers don't lie people do!! They need too find a identity Offensively and get the O line together but it might take a couple of games. I believe it's only 2 linemen with Varsity experience.
Like I said previously WW oline always leaves something to be desired. The RB got off last year this year not so much. I want to see another option toting the rock.

He needs to play the best players or risk getting booed out of Frederick stadium, this is unacceptable.
Unfortunately that's not going to happen. They have a sophomore who would give last years defense (6 D1s) all they could handle as a freshman. Under Parker this kid was going to see significant time in the slot but with this staff he has been put on shelf. Heard he has been moved to safety or something. Kid had 15 plus touchdowns from the slot on the freshman team in a vivid year & this staff I believe had him trying to play an outside receiver position.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen. They have a sophomore who would give last years defense (6 D1s) all they could handle as a freshman. Under Parker this kid was going to see significant time in the slot but with this staff he has been put on shelf. Heard he has been moved to safety or something. Kid had 15 plus touchdowns from the slot on the freshman team in a vivid year & this staff I believe had him trying to play an outside receiver position.
Just plain dumb, this coach seems on being focused on being a nice guy and not trying to win games.

Exactly! The triple isn’t coming back at this stage. Coach is working on his system and the kids just need time to learn it. People hated us running triple but now people are saying bring it back! SMH. When a new coach comes in he runs his on system. The man wants to win! They are throwing much more than they want but the running game has struggled so they throw the ball.