2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what do we do about the 4 times TC drove inside the 10 yard line and got nothing? I fill the real score with no injuries and both team outside of fist game jitters is about TV 35 - TC 21. There is a chance these two meet again in the playoffs. Would be a very cool contrast in styles.

TC moved the ball easily from what I have been told.
RedZone offense failing isn't exactly erasing scores like the bad calls on the TV touchdowns. TV defense stood tall in the RedZone last week. It was a big part of the momentum in the game.

I see TC as a very good team, tough, well coached. Just didn't have it in the dice to win Week 1.

RedZone offense failing isn't exactly erasing scores like the bad calls on the TV touchdowns. TV defense stood tall in the RedZone last week. It was a big part of the momentum in the game.

I see TC as a very good team, tough, well coached. Just didn't have it in the dice to win Week 1.
Well said, I think they could still win out without sarver. any word on that? Man hope he is back he is such a special athletes. I am a bit worried that PS wins the next game though.

I saw on one thread, must not have been this one, Sarver himself posted on Twitter that he was done for the regular season. Not sure if that means he may consider playing if they make the playoffs? If I were a betting man I would say he starts getting ready for roundball rather than risk a comeback in football. His decision.
Well said, I think they could still win out without sarver. any word on that? Man hope he is back he is such a special athletes. I am a bit worried that PS wins the next game though.

I saw on one thread, must not have been this one, Sarver himself posted on Twitter that he was done for the regular season. Not sure if that means he may consider playing if they make the playoffs? If I were a betting man I would say he starts getting ready for roundball rather than risk a comeback in football. His decision.
I would expect his college prospects are better in football? Or maybe he loves ball. special athlete

I would expect his college prospects are better in football? Or maybe he loves ball. special athlete
I would have him as a D2 or very small D1 in basketball. Would agree he seems as high or higher than that for football.

Weren't they supposed to have Curtis Enis's son play for them?
There was some basketball drama I heard that caused a few transfers I believe. Maybe more of that drama trickled down to foorball. Not sure if this kid was involved or if he just isn't playing football. But he would only be a sophomore anyway.

I'm excited for the Riverside/Northeastern game. Northeastern has a strong junior class and has more of a chance than what some on this thread are giving them. A Pirate win will have me believing they can be a top 3 TRC team this season.

I'm excited for the Riverside/Northeastern game. Northeastern has a strong junior class and has more of a chance than what some on this thread are giving them. A Pirate win will have me believing they can be a top 3 TRC team this season.
ill take the Pirates but this will be a heck of a game, no doubt.

There was some basketball drama I heard that caused a few transfers I believe. Maybe more of that drama trickled down to foorball. Not sure if this kid was involved or if he just isn't playing football. But he would only be a sophomore anyway.
Just going from what I heard a few months back. He broke his leg in basketball and as of a few months ago was still not 100%. Suspect that may have entered into the equation. With his talent you don't want to screw up your junior or senior seasons getting back to soon and risking re injury I would think.

I had not heard of the basketball drama but typically seems like when you have three young starters at a school it causes some drama with the juniors and seniors who dont want to sit the bench.

Miami East has talent but sometimes that doesn't translate to the field. It's a down year there.
Riverside should beat NE with ease. The Jets haven't been a real factor in years.
Their real test comes the last week of the season when Milton comes to town. That should be a great first game between these two.

Miami East has talent but sometimes that doesn't translate to the field. It's a down year there.
Riverside should beat NE with ease. The Jets haven't been a real factor in years.
Their real test comes the last week of the season when Milton comes to town. That should be a great first game between these two.
Northeastern has a shot against Riverside. they’re much improved. i’m picking the Pirates, but this should be a very good game

Dogs will go 10-0 and i would place a large sum of money on that. VV was the most talented team they will see all year by a longshot
That Valley View team was bigger, and faster. Milton just played Milton Football and gutted it out. Pentalties really killed Valley View. Milton's lines played really well. QB Morter played a helluva game.

That Valley View team was bigger, and faster. Milton just played Milton Football and gutted it out. Pentalties really killed Valley View. Milton's lines played really well. QB Morter played a helluva game.
hell of a turnaround after losing to Valley View 57-0 last year. at least i think that’s what the score was. MU goes 10-0 and gets 2 or 3 seed in R16

They lost to them twice last year and it wasn't close either time.
Valley View is still the program you want to be like that is a talented school

Milton gutted it out. They were gassed at the end, but they hung on. I liked Coach Pearce rolling the dice and going for it twice on fourth down on their first drive.

Kinda set the tone for the night. Our kids wanted it more and it meant more to them.
Valley View is as quality a program as anyone will see in a season. I have a feeling we see them again in the playoffs.

Current Standings: Week 2:
Milton-Union 2-0
Riverside 2-0
Troy Christian 1-1
Northridge 1-1
Bethel 0-2
Lehman 0-2
Covington 0-2
Miami East 0-2

League play is two weeks away...

A very nice win for MU in Week 2. I'm assuming MU's toughest opponents left on their schedule will be Oakwood, TC, and Riverside. It's a real possibility they finish 10-0 now with the VV game in their rear view mirror. Lots of football left, but the Bulldogs have to be happy where they sit in Week 3.

A very nice win for MU in Week 2. I'm assuming MU's toughest opponents left on their schedule will be Oakwood, TC, and Riverside. It's a real possibility they finish 10-0 now with the VV game in their rear view mirror. Lots of football left, but the Bulldogs have to be happy where they sit in Week 3.
My only concern for MU would be a let down this week coming off a huge win against VV. I don't know enough about Oakwood to say if they could sneak up on MU or not.

My only concern for MU would be a let down this week coming off a huge win against VV. I don't know enough about Oakwood to say if they could sneak up on MU or no
Milton and Oakwood have a long and bitter rivalry dating back to the 50s.
Oakwood seems to sneak up on certain teams and that concerns me. If the Dogs look at every opponent like a Valley View, they will be fine. 10-0 with this schedule is almost expected with the win over Valley View.

Last edited:
A crazy stat as we head into Week 3 is that Covington has yet to score this season. They were shutout by St. Henry, 42-0, and then shutout by Mechanicsburg, 49-0. Now they head on the road to face a Fort Loramie team that is good and coming off a big loss of their own to Versailles. There's no guarantee Covington scores tonight either.

Status
Not open for further replies.