Week 2: Louisville Leopards (0-1) at Poland Bulldogs (0-1)

LeopardNation

Thoughts on this one?

Varsity
Poland 21, Louisville 13
Louisville Leopards at Poland Bulldogs Football Video Highlights, Recap, Stats

JV
8/28 Poland at Louisville, 10:00

Freshman
Louisville 23, Poland 6
https://louisvilleleopards.org/poland-bulldogs-at-louisville-leopards-freshman-football-8-26-2021/

All-Time Series

Video Highlight Archive
1964 Louisville Leopards at Poland Bulldogs
2004 Poland Bulldogs at Louisville Leopards
2006 Poland Bulldogs at Louisville Leopards
2014 Poland Bulldogs at Louisville Leopards Playoff Game
2015 Louisville Leopards at Poland Bulldogs Playoff Game

Last edited:

The improvement in a team between week 1 going into week 2 is all about the head coach. If Davis wants to show he is ready to bring this program back he needs to make some changes. Still feel Poland is going to be 0-5 to start the year.

The improvement in a team between week 1 going into week 2 is all about the head coach. If Davis wants to show he is ready to bring this program back he needs to make some changes. Still feel Poland is going to be 0-5 to start the year.
I definitely feel like 0-5 is completely out of the realm of possibility. I feel like they are head and shoulders above Louisville, Howland. I feel like they are better than Hubbard. Right now hubbard appears very one dimensional as always. I also feel like they can give South Range a good game. 2-3 to 4-1 I think through 5 for Poland. A very tough start to the schedule though.

They played Canfield very tough, you’re going to have to throw to beat Poland. Also you better be able to stop the run. I think Poland wins this one 24-10

Problem is I don’t know that they make any changes. We’re still in the “we’re gonna do what we do” mentality. We had 2 chances last week to make that game respectable 1) when Barberton punted out of their end zone and we took over on the +41 should have brought the running QB in and showed a different look. You HAVE to be able to show that you can run the ball! 2) we had 3rd and 3 on the +6 and somehow with 10 coaches and a thousand fans screaming “call a time out” ….we take a delay of game and come away with no points. Both huge coaching mistakes IMO. Barberton was the better team, they had the better players and coaches.
The o- line was not good…period! The field corner position got torched multiple times with no less than 3 different defenders out there…both those positions need re-evaluated. I watched Poland/Canfield and Louisville/Barberton if we come out the same as last week and that’s all we got…we lose by 4 scores. Run the ball/stop the run. We do not have an “elite” passing game to fall back on.

Hoping Poland is 0-5 and actually thinking they will be is completely different.

Call me crazy but I think Poland will be 3-2 at worst after the first 5. All the teams they play fall into Poland strengths

0-5? I have to think they are heavy favorites this week over Louisville strictly based on last weeks results. I don't think Lousiville will be relevant until they get in a NBC type league with D4 an D3 schools. Or play a D3/D4 Schedule. Playing 5 Federal league teams and weeks 4-8 is going to be tough sledding. 5-5 would be a very successful year for the leps IMO..

0-5? I have to think they are heavy favorites this week over Louisville strictly based on last weeks results. I don't think Lousiville will be relevant until they get in a NBC type league with D4 an D3 schools. Or play a D3/D4 Schedule. Playing 5 Federal league teams and weeks 4-8 is going to be tough sledding. 5-5 would be a very successful year for the leps IMO..
I agree 100% with your statement. To be honest, we are middle of the pack in the NE8 and EBC right now. The idea we are playing a Fed schedule means we have a need for change with the AD and the schedule decision making.

I definitely feel like 0-5 is completely out of the realm of possibility. I feel like they are head and shoulders above Louisville, Howland. I feel like they are better than Hubbard. Right now hubbard appears very one dimensional as always. I also feel like they can give South Range a good game. 2-3 to 4-1 I think through 5 for Poland. A very tough start to the schedule though.
If they go 4-1, nothing stops them from going 9-1 and making deep run into the playoffs

Problem is I don’t know that they make any changes. We’re still in the “we’re gonna do what we do” mentality. We had 2 chances last week to make that game respectable 1) when Barberton punted out of their end zone and we took over on the +41 should have brought the running QB in and showed a different look. You HAVE to be able to show that you can run the ball! 2) we had 3rd and 3 on the +6 and somehow with 10 coaches and a thousand fans screaming “call a time out” ….we take a delay of game and come away with no points. Both huge coaching mistakes IMO. Barberton was the better team, they had the better players and coaches.
The o- line was not good…period! The field corner position got torched multiple times with no less than 3 different defenders out there…both those positions need re-evaluated. I watched Poland/Canfield and Louisville/Barberton if we come out the same as last week and that’s all we got…we lose by 4 scores. Run the ball/stop the run. We do not have an “elite” passing game to fall back on.
Same as last year, inexperience at QB is killer. Teams stack the box and play run first, and dare the leps to pass which they cannot. Would love to see a running QB back there as a different look. I think it was you who said teams found success teaching the throwing to a mobile QB.

Until there are changes at the board level, Davis will be safe. The big wigs wanted him, so now they will have to deal with the consequences. Good dude, not a head coach.
To add something that most don’t know is that, because we couldn’t pass a levy they had to hire within the district and as far as I know the only 2 that were interested were him and Adkins.
Part of those consequences are the lack of butts in the seats. I think we scanned in just over 2000 for a home opener.

To add something that most don’t know is that, because we couldn’t pass a levy they had to hire within the district and as far as I know the only 2 that were interested were him and Adkins.
Part of those consequences are the lack of butts in the seats. I think we scanned in just over 2000 for a home opener.
Any idea what Barbeton crowd was? Heard they did not bring a great crowd?

How’s Louisville’s run defense this year? Also how is their passing attack? I think they’ll have to be good in both of those this week to come out with a win