2021 St. Ignatius soccer

arizonawildcat

The 2021 squad opened up with a scrimmage versus Olentangy Liberty with a 5-0 victory. First varsity game is against Avon Lake on August 21. Ignatius is going for its 11th state title and seventh mystical national title.

If any team is within two goals of them this year, I'll be surprised. Maybe when they go to DC late in the year. They're absolutely loaded this year.

Cats go to 2-0 with a 3-0 win over Twinsburg. Now, in a line borrowed from Bill Bilichek, "On to Cincinnati" where the Cats will play in the Jesuit Cup.

Will St. Ignatius be playing in the Top Drawer Invitational this fall? I saw that Moeller from Cincy is playing in it.
Ignatius is not scheduled for the Top Drawer Invtl.
Moeller plays at Ignatius on Sept. 18
Ignatius's matches vs. out-of-state opponents this season include: Peoria (IL) Notre Dame - home Sept 3; Noblesville (IN) - away Sept. 11; D.C. Gonzaga - away Oct. 1.

You're walking on my beat, hah. The more Ignatius fans follow the soccer team the better. Anyway, the final score was 6-0 as the whole game seemed to be played in the Walsh half. The likely opponent tomorrow will be St. X playing on its home pitch. St. X is considered to be one of the top teams in the Cincy area, so tomorrow's game will be a true test for the Cats.

You're walking on my beat, hah. The more Ignatius fans follow the soccer team the better. Anyway, the final score was 6-0 as the whole game seemed to be played in the Walsh half. The likely opponent tomorrow will be St. X playing on its home pitch. St. X is considered to be one of the top teams in the Cincy area, so tomorrow's game will be a true test for the Cats.
St. X did beat Toledo SJJ 2-0

So, Wildcats vs Bombers on Sunday at 11 am

I watched both games yesterday. St Ignatius looked very good, against an outgunned Walsh team. Lots of starters for St. I sat the second half and got solid rest for the game on Sunday. St. X vs SJJ was 2-0 St. X but there was several missed chances and the game could easily have been 4 or 5. They can’t miss those if they have any chance of upsetting St. I. I think St. I is the better team, and looked sharp. St. X has some talent as well with several college commits, but is not deep like they were last year when they made it to the Semi-finals of State tournament. Luckily the heat will be slight less of a factor in the game. Should be a fun one to watch.

Total domination by the Cats as they beat St. X 6-1. Game was not as close as the score indicates. St. X's lone goal was scored against the Cats' 2nd and 3rd stringers. St. X was purported to be one of the top teams in Cincy, but they had no answer against the Cats.

St. Ignatius rolls. Took about 20 minutes to get that first goal, but by about 30 minutes left in the game, it was 6-0. The Wildcats appeared to play with a mostly second unit for the final 20 minutes and did get called for a handball in the box with 3 minutes remaining. St. Xavier converted for first goal allowed by St. Ignatius this season. 6-1 final.

Total domination by the Cats as they beat St. X 6-1. Game was not as close as the score indicates. St. X's lone goal was scored against the Cats' 2nd and 3rd stringers. St. X was purported to be one of the top teams in Cincy, but they had no answer against the Cats.
Agree. Love the broadcasters, but I had to raise my eyebrows when he said multiple times before the game that these two teams were level on talent.

Agree. For part of the match that I watched, it was played essentially on the X end.
Hopefully, Maruca's injury during the last seconds of the match is not serious. He's needed for basketball season too.

Possibly an added incentive for all the Ignatius shots at the net was the fact that the St. X goalie was all dressed in pink. Not a good look. It reminded me of a football game about seven or so years ago when the St. X players came out wearing pink jerseys. As I dimly recall that game ended badly for the Bombers.

Possibly an added incentive for all the Ignatius shots at the net was the fact that the St. X goalie was all dressed in pink. Not a good look. It reminded me of a football game about seven or so years ago when the St. X players came out wearing pink jerseys. As I dimly recall that game ended badly for the Bombers.
Why does the color of his kit bother you?

Who cares about the kit? St X missed a couple early, but other than that, it was domination by St I. St X is one of the top cincy teams. Not sure anyone hangs with St I this year. They were very impressive and not a single weak spot on the field. Yes, 2nd string is good too. I’m not sure any bragging is required. Play on the field pretty much takes care of it. It was a great event that I thought St X put on very well from what I saw.

US might be able to give them a game this Wednesday. They're coming in 5-0, albeit not against the same level of competition that Ignatius has played so far. Probably a 2-0 or 3-0 game, I would guess.