Week 2: (1-0) D6 Coldwater @ (0-1) D1 Cincinnati Oak Hills

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coldwater will be fine no matter who they schedule. the MAC slate is all they need. beating a D1 school as a D6 school is something the people apart of this program will be able to tell their kids and grandkids. it doesn’t matter if it’s Oak Hills- because most D1 schools wouldn’t pick up the phone if Coldwater called anyways.

Coldwater will be fine no matter who they schedule. the MAC slate is all they need. beating a D1 school as a D6 school is something the people apart of this program will be able to tell their kids and grandkids. it doesn’t matter if it’s Oak Hills- because most D1 schools wouldn’t pick up the phone if Coldwater called anyways.
Coldwater is going to brag about beating a school that has 3 wins over the past 4 years and has lost 21 games in a row?

Coldwater is going to brag about beating a school that has 3 wins over the past 4 years and has lost 21 games in a row?
look at the enrollment difference between the 2. that’s a hell of an accomplishment a beating a team that much larger than you is something to brag about.

look at the enrollment difference between the 2. that’s a hell of an accomplishment a beating a team that much larger than you is something to brag about.
How is OH Larger than Coldwater in Football? No way OH has 85 Players on the Varsity Football Team. Sir beating OH in Football is nothing to brag about no matter what state or division the Team is from.

Coldwater- 56
Oak Hills- 3

Oak Hills is terrible for the 30th year in a row, could very well go 0-10… Coldwater fans , enjoy the bye week and get ready for conference play, enjoy your vacation to the westside
I would not say 30 years, But, I would say 23 years. Steve Sheehan had success and he led them into the playoffs in 1999. But for it to be one of the biggest schools in Cincinnati, they are constantly terrible. Hard to keep kids when Elder is in your back yard, Colerain at the front door, and LaSalle is at your feet. So Coldwater will win 35 to 6

The key word in my statement was "JUST"-- the MAC teams actually play (at least) 2-3 games every year against teams (in their own league) that they do NOT already know they will beat. I was talking about teams ONLY playing against other teams that they know are overmatched-- there are some of those around the state-- and it usually comes back to bite them, at playoff time.

Meanwhile, I don't see how Coldwater is likely to get better by running over an overmatched Oak Hills.
Kinda like college teams scheduling "easy wins"?

It's NOT necessary for the Mercer County schools to travel 3+ hours across the state-- they could take the SAME 2 hour drive down I-75 that Coldwater will make this week, to play Wyoming or Indian Hill, or Kings, or Winton Woods-- or only an ~hour South to play Trotwood, or Alter, or Fenwick, or Chaminade, or the same ~2 hour drive (as this week) North on I-75 to play Toledo St. John or Toledo Central Catholic (which makes MORE sense than Ed traveling 2 hours over from Cleveland for that mismatch, as happened this past week), or, if the MAC schools REALLY want to challenge themselves, and yet not have to travel very far, and play Division I schools (like Oak Hills-- only decent), they could go only about an ~hour South, and play HH Wayne, Clayton Northmont, Springfield, or Centerville. Coldwater is (easily) going to pass at least 5-10 better alternatives to a game against Oak Hills this week.

Regardless, it doesn't take "a day off of school" to play those Dayton or Cincy games (from Mercer County). And even to make the longest trip in the state (diagonally from Cincy to Cleveland), X and Ig do NOT take a day off of school, are stay in hotels (any more)-- they leave on Saturday morning, play Saturday afternoon, and return home the same day. It is quite feasible, if a team is truly interested in challenging itself with a cross-state rival of significance.

All I know is Coldwater every year has refused to play Alter and Alter has openly done everything if could including offering to travel and not even split the gate. Anyways, my prediction is Coldwater wins by 14+ but because of Oak Hills size and numbers I still bet they give it a game. I'm wondering if I'm the HC of OH what's the incentive of playing this game. I bet not one single kid on Oak Hills has ever heard of Coldwater. With 16 teams out of 17 making the region 4 playoffs, it's really going to a be a race to not finish dead last.

I guess I don't understand the negative comments toward Coldwater. They have a tremendous program, period! Maybe there is more to this matchup than finding a team to play. Coaches are friends, family, etc. The D1 people mock anyone not playing in their division. Difficult for them to understand how gratifying it is to have 85 student/athletes playing football with such a low enrollment. Wait until they see that Coldwater band roll out. That's equally impressive.

Minster vs St. Xavier or Pickerington Central. Let's gooooooooo!
*John Lee Pettimore enters the chat* "WHY DID YOU DARE NOT ADD Massillon IN THE MIX. NOW IM GONNA STEAL MY DADDY'S BIG BLOCK DODGE AND HUNT YOU DOWN BOY!!!

angry zach galifianakis GIF

All I know is Coldwater every year has refused to play Alter and Alter has openly done everything if could including offering to travel and not even split the gate. Anyways, my prediction is Coldwater wins by 14+ but because of Oak Hills size and numbers I still bet they give it a game. I'm wondering if I'm the HC of OH what's the incentive of playing this game. I bet not one single kid on Oak Hills has ever heard of Coldwater. With 16 teams out of 17 making the region 4 playoffs, it's really going to a be a race to not finish dead last.
I will bet you that Coldwater wins by a >41 margin.

I would not say 30 years, But, I would say 23 years. Steve Sheehan had success and he led them into the playoffs in 1999. But for it to be one of the biggest schools in Cincinnati, they are constantly terrible. Hard to keep kids when Elder is in your back yard, Colerain at the front door, and LaSalle is at your feet. So Coldwater will win 35 to 6
Sheehan's playoff team was only 6-4. It was the first year of the expanded playoff of 8 teams per region if I'm not mistaken. They were independent and played a very strange schedule. I wouldn't exactly call that success.

Sheehan's playoff team was only 6-4. It was the first year of the expanded playoff of 8 teams per region if I'm not mistaken. They were independent and played a very strange schedule. I wouldn't exactly call that success.

7-3 with losses to LaSalle, Colerain & Elder that year. Lost to Elder on late FG (16-14). Rematch the following week in playoffs with I believe a 14-0 score for Elder to advance.

I think you are underestimating just how bad Oak Hills is. I honestly don't know if they would make the playoffs in D6 or whatever division Coldwater is in. Its the same argument every year with them, big school, lots of students, no talent , blah blah blah...... Coldwater by 35 and you get a nice vacation to the scenic west side.

Speaking of that, my dream come true would be to have a Week 1 matchup against a MAC school for three years or so. Game would take place at a neutral location. Something like Coldwater in ‘23, Marion Local in ‘24, & Minster in ‘25.

I believe MAC plays each other weeks 2-10, so it would have to take place week 1.

Again, easier said than done, but one can dream…that would draw quite the crowd.
that would be kinda of interesting.... actually the Mac plays MAC teams starting in week 3....

how is Tiger and the boys going to be this year? give us a early scouting report..

Minster vs St. Xavier or Pickerington Central. Let's gooooooooo!
that ain't happening this year or any year..... or Marion Local or Coldwater any year...... But the Cats have scrimmage teams like Northmont and have hung with them pretty good.... BUT not this year.....

Last edited:
All I know is Coldwater every year has refused to play Alter and Alter has openly done everything if could including offering to travel and not even split the gate. Anyways, my prediction is Coldwater wins by 14+ but because of Oak Hills size and numbers I still bet they give it a game. I'm wondering if I'm the HC of OH what's the incentive of playing this game. I bet not one single kid on Oak Hills has ever heard of Coldwater. With 16 teams out of 17 making the region 4 playoffs, it's really going to a be a race to not finish dead Coldwater has played many catholic schools before so I don’t see why they
your blasting oak hills, like monroe football is some power house. lol

monroe and oh are pretty similar. they both suck.

jtk
()
Really dude? I’m not saying Monroe is a power house. Monroe has struggled in recent years but is well on their way up the food chain. Isn’t everyone blasting Oak Hills? We probably have better talent in our football history than Oak Hills has ever had.

for OH being irrelevant, it sure has brought a lot of trolls out. not sure why you guys care so much? heck, OH people don't even talk about OH on yappi any more.

they have some pretty good teams coming up....we will see how many of them get poached away.

jtk
()

Really dude? I’m not saying Monroe is a power house. Monroe has struggled in recent years but is well on their way up the food chain. Isn’t everyone blasting Oak Hills? We probably have better talent in our football history than Oak Hills has ever had.
lol, ok. your just the first troll from monroe to do it. the elder clowns do it all the time. it's like their scared of OH. lol. i just wait to see what talented kid is poached away from the neighboring schools.

jtk
()

lol, ok. your just the first troll from monroe to do it. the elder clowns do it all the time. it's like their scared of OH. lol. i just wait to see what talented kid is poached away from the neighboring schools.

jtk
()
Does it really matter bro?

does what matter bro?

if your talking about talented kids (d1) being poached from OH, then yes it does matter lol.........

jtk
()

No. It isn’t.
For Coldwater it wouldn’t, nor should it, be a big deal… after all they are one of the premier small school football programs in the entire Great Lakes states’ region.

If this was something like Mariemont or Reading pulling a rabbit out-of-the-hat and beating OH, it’d be a big deal.

You
does what matter bro?

if your talking about talented kids (d1) being poached from OH, then yes it does matter lol.........

jtk
()
You keep calling me a troll as if your bashing me for being a Monroe fan. Jeez dude lay off it

I guess I don't understand the negative comments toward Coldwater. They have a tremendous program, period! Maybe there is more to this matchup than finding a team to play. Coaches are friends, family, etc. The D1 people mock anyone not playing in their division. Difficult for them to understand how gratifying it is to have 85 student/athletes playing football with such a low enrollment. Wait until they see that Coldwater band roll out. That's equally impressive.
There's really not many, if any, negative comments ABOUT Coldwater-- it's more about the scheduling of this game-- it just makes no sense-- for EITHER team. Nobody is trying to say anything bad about Coldwater's team (except the one guy, who I won't even mention by name)-- they are (or I am) saying that Coldwater could have found a dozen better teams to play, as close (or a lot closer)-- so why go all this way to play a pointless game?

You

You keep calling me a troll as if your bashing me for being a Monroe fan. Jeez dude lay off it
you don't know what a troll is......lol......you are trolling OH for being bad, calling them emos and drug dealers. trying to bait OH posters (which there arent any) into saying something. i didn't bash you for being a monroe fan. i did question why you were bashing OH being a fan of Monroe b/c both teams suck and have sucked for a while. didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

jtk
()