Week 2 Winton Woods v Lasalle

Our defense will keep us competitive and hopefully we’ll be able to get our running game to match. It’s only one game right?

I’m looking for WW to play well, but more importantly, I’m just looking for us to get better

what is really important is how we’re playing in games later in the season, not game 2. Besides, these two teams could meet in playoffs again.

Go Warriors

The WW Defense looked REALLY good vs Trotwood. With that being said this current trotwood team is one of the least talented I've seen in recent years. Lasalle will be a good measuring stick for the warriors.

Will be a close game. At 1st I thought Lasalle would beat WW because of the lack of experience from the quarterback position and with the game being on the road and this being the 1st true test for some of these young kids I thought Lasalle would win but after watching Lasalle I think this game will be closer than I expected. I'll say WW 17-14 WW DEFENSIVE LINE WILL BE TOO MUCH.

For the history buffs here, these two teams have played eight times and split with each team winning four.
Same with the playoffs, the two teams have met twice with each team winning once.
Both teams have won state titles with La Salle last winning in 2019 and Winton Woods in 2009

Definitely interested in this one. Likely the R8 winner comes from these two.

The elements also study rain down pour.

The WW coaches cant be pleased with 90 yards of total offence (23 rushing). I don't care if its raining, snowing, too hot or too cold... 23 yards rushing is sad vs. a Trotwood team that will be lucky to go 6-4...
I am guessing looking at the schedule Trotwood is a 5-5 team and I doubt Trotwood shows up to LaSalle in week 9 for that whooping. (I see a covid quarantine) ...

The WW coaches cant be pleased with 90 yards of total offence (23 rushing). I don't care if its raining, snowing, too hot or too cold... 23 yards rushing is sad vs. a Trotwood team that will be lucky to go 6-4...
I am guessing looking at the schedule Trotwood is a 5-5 team and I doubt Trotwood shows up to LaSalle in week 9 for that whooping. (I see a covid quarantine) ...
Teams will key on Spikes & force the supporting cast to beat them. Unfortunately for WW this week Lasalle will play juniors ,and seniors opposed to Trotwood who played sophomores and juniors. I see WW defense created short fields for the offense. The defensive line is fun to watch and they have depth. Watching Lasalle I believe WW will key Payne and force the others to beat them. Warriors have to watch out for the little slot Garrett as well. Special teams will be huge too in a low scoring affair.

Watching the game again for the 3rd time the Wide receivers didn't block a soul. We couldn't take advantage of Trotwood playing kids both ways. I counted @ least 7 kids who were going both ways. We won't get a safety & 2 bad punt snaps to set up scores like we did against Trotwood. Offense will have to muster up something or the defense could spend a lot of time on the field like they did Friday evening. Still going WW in a low scoring affair may be a baseball score lol

Teams will key on Spikes & force the supporting cast to beat them. Unfortunately for WW this week Lasalle will play juniors ,and seniors opposed to Trotwood who played sophomores and juniors. I see WW defense created short fields for the offense. The defensive line is fun to watch and they have depth. Watching Lasalle I believe WW will key Payne and force the others to beat them. Warriors have to watch out for the little slot Garrett as well. Special teams will be huge too in a low scoring affair.
Last time they played LaSalle held spikes to 37 total yards on 8 touches. (WW only had 100 for the game)

LaSalle rolled up over 380 yards of offence (270 rushing) but third down was where WW Stumbled (on offence and defense) as Lasalle converted 8 of 11 while holding WW to 1 third down conversion.

WW D fly's to the ball and will get their share of TFLs. They have to create turnovers and stop LaSalle on 3rd down to have a chance.

Last time they played LaSalle held spikes to 37 total yards on 8 touches. (WW only had 100 for the game)

LaSalle rolled up over 380 yards of offence (270 rushing) but third down was where WW Stumbled (on offence and defense) as Lasalle converted 8 of 11 while holding WW to 1 third down conversion.

WW D fly's to the ball and will get their share of TFLs. They have to create turnovers and stop LaSalle on 3rd down to have a chance.
WW was 1-8 on 3rd down conversions vs Trotwood. We will have to improve on this in order to keep the defense fresh. Heard Payne didn't play the 4th quarter but tht doesn't matter they beat us without him last yr. Not only did they win they beat us pretty convincingly.

Wow. You must not know the pedigree of Trotwood kids and coaching staffs. They not scared of anybody, including LaSalle. Whether they win or take a butt kicking they will be there to play.

On another note. Winton Woods offensively was as bad as Trotwood looked on offense. 90 total yards is not saying much at all. And heck the two touchdowns they scored were set-up by horrible field position gaffs by Trotwood. Fumble snaps I believe. Trotwood's D was good, fast and team tackled. The offense is yet to be desired because they are extremely young. I believe there are 8 Sophomores starting on offense and 16 or 17 of the 22 starting are sophomores. Young.

The WW offense looked uncomfortable and out of sorts. Likely because the system is new. But I think they have the talent once it grows into the system to be good. Still early.

WW was 1-8 on 3rd down conversions vs Trotwood. We will have to improve on this in order to keep the defense fresh. Heard Payne didn't play the 4th quarter but tht doesn't matter they beat us without him last yr. Not only did they win they beat us pretty convincingly.
Last year's game was 35-10. Zach Branam gained 319 yards last year (107p, 212r). There is no Zach Branam this year.

Week 1 to Week 2 usually shows quite a bit of improvement, so I'd hope both of these teams look a helluva lot better.

I have several questions about the Lancers, but they did post almost 300 yards rushing so the running game is obviously still there. I'm guessing they stay with the run game and run down WW throats. The Lancer defense looked very solid against Colerain.

My prediction is -- Lasalle 31 / Winton Woods 10

Last year's game was 35-10. Zach Branam gained 319 yards last year (107p, 212r). There is no Zach Branam this year.
I don't believe the new DC will allow the quarterback to pull a Branam on us. However if the offense can't muster up anything, it can be a long day. Watching Lasalle on film there are some holes in tht defense. I think we have the experience outside to cause some match up problems in that secondary tht didn't look aggressive vs Colerain in the run game, so I would throw some quick screens out there to make em make plays.

Wow. You must not know the pedigree of Trotwood kids and coaching staffs. They not scared of anybody, including LaSalle. Whether they win or take a butt kicking they will be there to play.

On another note. Winton Woods offensively was as bad as Trotwood looked on offense. 90 total yards is not saying much at all. And heck the two touchdowns they scored were set-up by horrible field position gaffs by Trotwood. Fumble snaps I believe. Trotwood's D was good, fast and team tackled. The offense is yet to be desired because they are extremely young. I believe there are 8 Sophomores starting on offense and 16 or 17 of the 22 starting are sophomores. Young.

The WW offense looked uncomfortable and out of sorts. Likely because the system is new. But I think they have the talent once it grows into the system to be good. Still early.
We will see...
I agree both teams did not look like playoff contenders but Trotwood will get several Ws vs. the lower tier Dayton public schools by just showing up. WW will have to run through the ECC... Kings 2020 co champs, Turpin always tough and Anderson that put up 45 on Princeton in a losing effort... WW struggled with a 4-6 Lebanon last year pulling it out in the 4th quarter...
LaSalle will be solid and they are coached to 'expect to win" not just grow or compete...
Colerain IMO is faster than WW on D but they struggled with LaSalle in the 20-14 L with the QB draw and the pitch off the dive.
WW D has to stay home and not get out of their lanes. TFL means nothing really if you give up big plays, WW needs to just get stops....