2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can confirm VV played well and from what I was told should be fine this season. FWIW
Based on their schedule, I think they should be in line for a good season as well. Shawnee, Ross, Milton Union, Franklin, and Bellbrook will be their most difficult games. I've read Brookville may be down this year. It also sounds like people are optimistic in Eaton and Monroe. It'll be interesting. There's no question that VV will know where it's heading by the time they get to Week 4. Those first three games are key. With only having 46 boys, depth will be an issue for once for the Spartans.

It's tough to tell what to take away from the Goshen scrimmage. Neither team had a lot of time to prepare. Goshen was good in 2019, struggled last year. Butler will be a better test this week.

NewOldBlood is correct Joyce Park 7pm Thursday. Apparently there was work being done to Monroe track or something ?‍♂️

I see Fenwick's week 2 game with Madison is scheduled to be played at Franklin. Is Madison's field turf behind schedule?
Madison is scheduled to play every game on the road according to a parent I know. They started on the field later than they first thought.

If Buck Green doesn't break his leg in that Badin game, I truly believe Monroe might have won it all that year. They were loaded with talent, but you can't replace a guy like that at any point in the season let alone that deep in the playoffs.
Agree you can't lose a player like that, but it wasn't deep in the playoffs it was the first game.

Any update on the new Franklin coach and the team? Only thing I heard is no more wildcat prayer that was started by coach aregood and he trying change Franklin tradition up, from what I heard. Any truth to this?
No truth behind this. Wildcat prayer is still part of the football program in Franklin

Agree you can't lose a player like that, but it wasn't deep in the playoffs it was the first game.
Correct, but that was when 4 teams qualified for the playoffs and they won that Badin game. Week two of the playoffs would have been the regional finals. Can't lose a player like that heading into the regional finals might have been the better thing to say.

No truth behind this. Wildcat prayer is still part of the football program in Franklin
Good I hope so. It hard for a outsider come in to this town and then with rumors of him wanting to change things up. Also like hoser said all reflect back to coaching when it come penalty. Do you know what type of penalty was called?

Sure is. Why you ask?
I was just wondering, is that normal for Bellbrook or have their number been going up? Tipp is in the mid 90’s freshman through senior, but was hovering at 60-70 for the longest time. And I view Tipp and Bellbrook as pretty similar towns that are about the same size and growing

I was just wondering, is that normal for Bellbrook or have their number been going up? Tipp is in the mid 90’s freshman through senior, but was hovering at 60-70 for the longest time. And I view Tipp and Bellbrook as pretty similar towns that are about the same size and growing
I haven’t been around the program for to long, but from what I know the numbers have been pretty steady. I don’t anticipate Bellbrook would ever see anything in the 90’s. That’s an impressive number of kids for any community. Tipp is building a great program. They have some really solid youth teams also. I’d say the future looks bright for them. Looking forward to Friday night. It’s a great week 1 match-up .

Based on their schedule, I think they should be in line for a good season as well. Shawnee, Ross, Milton Union, Franklin, and Bellbrook will be their most difficult games. I've read Brookville may be down this year. It also sounds like people are optimistic in Eaton and Monroe. It'll be interesting. There's no question that VV will know where it's heading by the time they get to Week 4. Those first three games are key. With only having 46 boys, depth will be an issue for once for the Spartans.

It's tough to tell what to take away from the Goshen scrimmage. Neither team had a lot of time to prepare. Goshen was good in 2019, struggled last year. Butler will be a better test this week.
Saw Brookville last night and they aren't down. Beat Milton 21-17. MU struggled to stop their run game. They won't pass much, but they will run and do it well. Milton looked a little rusty but they are big and have athletes all over the field. QB is a weak spot for the Dogs in my opinion. Defensive line was getting pushed around by the Devils in the first quarter.
Overall, I think Brookville is a very well coached team. Fundamentally sound, old Versailles-type team.

I haven’t been around the program for to long, but from what I know the numbers have been pretty steady. I don’t anticipate Bellbrook would ever see anything in the 90’s. That’s an impressive number of kids for any community. Tipp is building a great program. They have some really solid youth teams also. I’d say the future looks bright for them. Looking forward to Friday night. It’s a great week 1 match-up .
Bellbrook and Tipp are similar in one way and very different in another. Tipp is still Miami County and that means traditions run deep. Bellbrook sees much more transient population than it used to. Outside of population and growth, Tipp and Bellbrook are very different.

14-7 VV over Butler in 3Q of varsity play. VV QBs split time but Henson played the most so I assume he’s going to be the starter. Special Teams is brutal for VV. Missed multiple FGs. In my rash observation both teams looked average. VV needs to clean it up but all in all a positive step.

Bellbrook wasn’t challenged much in either scrimmage (Kenton Ridge/Jackson). Obviously week 1 and 2 (Tipp & Badin) will certainly be much different. Those two games will let us know if we can be a challenger in Region 12. We have a top heavy roster with a very talented senior class. First year starting QB (Jr) has looked good. He’s a big smart kid who throws a nice ball and runs the offense smoothly. Depth and Special Teams could be a weakness but overall they have looked solid.

Saw Brookville last night and they aren't down. Beat Milton 21-17. MU struggled to stop their run game. They won't pass much, but they will run and do it well. Milton looked a little rusty but they are big and have athletes all over the field. QB is a weak spot for the Dogs in my opinion. Defensive line was getting pushed around by the Devils in the first quarter.
Overall, I think Brookville is a very well coached team. Fundamentally sound, old Versailles-type team.
Sounds like a typical Brookville team. Will run the ball, be fundamentally sound. If Brookville, MU, etc. are all solid as many believe, VV will have its hands fuller than I expected this year.

Last edited:
This is my Brothers response to the Waynesville scrimmage:

Lipstick on a pig buddy. We're winning 14-0 but it's ugly.

WV looked awful. It will be a long year. His son plays on JV as punt return and receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.