JJHuddle Alumni!

I remember how JJ pretended to be some expert on HS football and you didnt know really how clueless he was until he talked about your team.

You took what he said as gospel until he talked about your team and others you know well.
He talked about someone who could be a surprise for our team in the finals. Thing is..the kid was hurt since like week 3-4 that year and hadnt and wasnt even playing!
I think he had a show on ONN at one time.... maybe a Preview or something during the State Finals?

How DARE you talk ill of radiodave! Remember, he's "media" and his job is to "distribute the news!" It's "meant to be copied and pasted because that is why they release it to the media, to copy and paste and distribute!"
at least alwaysapud didnt pass along the articles as his own. You know, have his own site and reword some of the article to make it look like a 4th grader wrote it...

I think he had a show on ONN at one time.... maybe a Preview or something during the State Finals?
It was on that preview show. I remember him mentioning the kids name and I was like "Huh, didnt know he was back from his injury" and then I talked to a coach and he was like no, he hasnt practiced (or played) in like 12 weeks

I remember how JJ pretended to be some expert on HS football and you didnt know really how clueless he was until he talked about your team.
I remember someone posted a clip of JJ appearing on a Columbus (I think) TV station. The sports guy trotted him out as some kind of HS sports expert. You could tell by how little JJ spoke that he was aware he knew nothing. It was painful to watch.

I’m struggling to remember AceTracker. He may have been before my time; there is, however, a 3rd A-C person from that time I remember posting but I for the life of me do not recall their handle. I remember when Hartley played them in the early 10’s and, man... those threads lol.
AceTracker (or Ace_Tracker?) faded away the last few years of the Huddle, but man, he was a hoot. Could be salty at times, always telling folks to "pound sand" whether on the football boards or the DB. Definitely bled black and orange.

Speaking of tints and hues, there was one AC thread toward the end when they were in the playoffs, and someone NOT from HT played off of our schtick, saying he saw Ron Hinton driving through Amanda in a black Escalade with orange rims, getting the fans fired up for the game. Great stuff ....... hey, was that you who posted that? :cool:

AceTracker (or Ace_Tracker?) faded away the last few years of the Huddle, but man, he was a hoot. Could be salty at times, always telling folks to "pound sand" whether on the football boards or the DB. Definitely bled black and orange.

Speaking of tints and hues, there was one AC thread toward the end when they were in the playoffs, and someone NOT from HT played off of our schtick, saying he saw Ron Hinton driving through Amanda in a black Escalade with orange rims, getting the fans fired up for the game. Great stuff ....... hey, was that you who posted that? :cool:
It actually wasn’t me. Nevertheless, I appreciated the Fan-o-Meter.

Need to get ImThatLady on... the proud Fairfield Union stateswoman!

Same name. Joined there about 20 years ago myself. Got banned for posting a picture of a bunch of "fake wieners" and calling it JJ's family photo. So look out @Yappi! So young and dumb, haha. Also went by SnotBubbles on OC. I agree with thavoice - ghost town over there.

Side note, I remained friends with Zambrown from JJHuddle on social media over the years. Some of you may remember her. She unfortunately passed away earlier this year.

Here's a few names from back in the day.

Ironman92
BRF
justincredible
Citybuck
Madd-Dogg
Gochiefs
Silverknight4life
queencitybuckeye

Yes a lot of memories to be sure . C- thelites Walking Boss ,Fan of cats , Queen City.Buck was over there . Sap V , Dock , Walt One Tiger too many to list . The Boss Pick em ( Walking Boss was in charge). was a lot of fun . I started doing write ups for the games he selected and then started using theLouie Pasteur point spread . Have kept doing that since the site closed but unfortunately Pasteur won’t be here again this season . Use the Cal Preps line now but it’s not the same . As is not having the huddle for Central Ohio posters especially .

Never kicked off but reprimanded a few times for sure . Apologized a time or two to JJ and a few other posters . Things got heated sometimes. Lol. Like to think I’ve mellowed a bit but myself and a few others definitely crossed a line or two . Older UA poster Moose was let’s say not the most accurate picking the games in the Boss Pick em . Pretty consistent being near the bottom most years . WB coined that part of the standings the “ Moosedoza” line ? . after the legendary) baseball player Mario Mendoza who was forever teetering around the 200 mark . They called it the Mendoza line . Moose was mostly a good sport about it . Good times for sure.

Last edited:
I was Stivic back then . Most called me Stiv and some of the old guard still do . Named after All In The Family cast member Michael Stivic .( Rob Reiner) I chose it to be a bit self deprecating as he was called Meathead by Archie Bunker . Took a bit longer than I anticipated for anyone to mention that ?. Someone finally did and it was like “. What took you so long ? ?.

Dude named 8 Ball was out of control.

It was believed he was a HS Football Ref. who hated one particular school for sure. Was at one of their games when he threw a flag almost every series of downs. A couple of Coaches had to be restraint from punching him after the game. His Officiating crew had to shield him into their dressing area. Then one of them came into the teams locker room and apologized for his actions during the game.

They backed their complaint to OHSAA about him and that ended his career. But not his venom on JJ Huddle.

Last edited:
I was same name on JJ. Didn't add much but was a member early on due to JJ being a central Ohio firefighter when he launched the site. Loved when guys gave play- by- play for games I couldn't attend.

I’m trying to think of who was on the show that did playoff previews for ONN. Was it Jim Lachey, Matt Finkes (think I’m wrong on Finkes), Skip Mosic and Tim May?

I92 is a big shot on Ohiochatter.
justinecredible: Started the freehuddle site, which changed to Ohiochatter.
wasn't I92, also under General Zod at one time? If so I remember he was a big Steeler fan, and I used to get him worked up so easily, when saying something about the Steelers

I was Stivic back then . Most called me Stiv and some of the old guard still do . Named after All In The Family cast member Michael Stivic .( Rob Reiner) I chose it to be a bit self deprecating as he was called Meathead by Archie Bunker . Took a bit longer than I anticipated for anyone to mention that ?. Someone finally did and it was like “. What took you so long ? ?.
We had a guy locally we called stivic.
We all hated him.
It was probably you.

wasn't I92, also under General Zod at one time? If so I remember he was a big Steeler fan, and I used to get him worked up so easily, when saying something about the Steelers
Um.
It may be but I dont think so.
Zod as a bit of a gonad, I92 seems somewhat normal.
I have been wrong once or twice before.

Um.
It may be but I dont think so.
Zod as a bit of a gonad, I92 seems somewhat normal.
I have been wrong once or twice before.
I could have it mixed up also, who knows. Was I92 a Steeler guy though? I know Zod was, because I triggered him easily, and it was fun. Lol

heres an old article from when it was announced that Huddle was going away in 2016