JJHuddle Alumni!

Cardinal Mooney
Coshocton (some big d-bag mod, I forget his handle, was a fan so they got a pass)
Some of the Columbus area school that JJ was a fan of.
Cardinal Mooney for sure!
RadCard and Panama Jack almost kicked me off many times. They had "the power" and they told you so.

I had the same name on JJ

pretty self-explanatory what mine was.

Is MarionPleasantDad (MPD) still among us? Like, walking the earth?

What I really need to do is get a billboard put up on Rt. 22 in Amanda, asking “ATTN: ‘creeksider’, ‘acesdad2012’, please Google ‘Yappi forums.’”
Was MPD "PleasantSpartanDad" for a while on JJ?

I referenced a couple veterans on the NWOAL thread saying it used to be a staple thread with tons of conversation and insight from people like Oberhaus, Mustang66 and Several. I miss those days

I used the same name I use on Yappi.

Yes, it was crazy busy back then, but so was Yappi. The HS football message board business, as well as overall interest in HS football, has dropped off significantly in recent years.
I stayed NewarkCatholicFan until my niece played for Lakewood and I was going to all of her games and posting pics for her.
I am still newarkcatholicfan on ovathletics.com.

pretty self-explanatory what mine was.

Is MarionPleasantDad (MPD) still among us? Like, walking the earth?

What I really need to do is get a billboard put up on Rt. 22 in Amanda, asking “ATTN: ‘creeksider’, ‘acesdad2012’, please Google ‘Yappi forums.’”
Haven't seen MPD around for several years. Used to talk to him in Kroger.

I forget what name I used; didn't last long; got permanently banned for posting something I considered innocuous.

And AceTracker. Make sure he's on the billboard also. And don't forget to have the word "hillbillies" in there somewhere.

Boy, we had some fun on those Mid-State League threads. green_n_gold76 mailed me a Huddle thread he had archived from a 2015 Hamilton Twp game. I was reading that the other day and just cracking up. Somehow we went 7 pages without hardly mentioning the players or the game itself, but the visitors' concession stand generated lots of discussion. We were in our prime back then.

Last edited:
It’s been 20 years since I had joined JJHuddle and I always loved the football discussions. So many threads posted that the football forum was divided between north and south.. I sure do miss some of the posters on there. Even had several meet and greets at central Ohio Roosters and BW3’s back then where we could talk football in person.

Who on here is a old JJHuddle poster and what was your username on there? My username is the same.
I'm old; started here in 03 and tried JJ for a little while but it seemed more geared towards Columbus so I quit. My username would have been the same.

I was teach1coach2 also on jjhuddle.

Only time I ever slightly got in trouble is when I wrote I saw something on "yappi.com" and got a PM from JJ not to mention other sites on the huddle.

Same name
I found out YAPPI when somebody over there made a thread titled "Why Aye Pee Pee Eye" or something similar. Took myself literally a couple of minutes to decipher
Best thread was rrading the comments after Mooney beat Big Red in the playoff game after an unsportsman like 15 yarder with no time on the clock put Mooney in position to kick the game winning FG. All threads were shut down for days until cooler heads prevailed

And AceTracker. Make sure he's on the billboard also. And don't forget to have the word "hillbillies" in there somewhere.

Boy, we had some fun on those Mid-State League threads. green_n_gold76 mailed me a Huddle thread he had archived from a 2015 Hamilton Twp game. I was reading that the other day and just cracking up. Somehow we went 7 pages without hardly mentioning the players or the game itself, but the visitors' concession stand generated lots of discussion. We were in our prime back then.
I’m struggling to remember AceTracker. He may have been before my time; there is, however, a 3rd A-C person from that time I remember posting but I for the life of me do not recall their handle. I remember when Hartley played them in the early 10’s and, man... those threads lol.

All of the Buckeye schools actually had posters. But the only one I remember not being represented often was, ironically, Teays Valley (largest school in the MSL.) Shoot, even small school Cardinal had 30+ page threads in football and hoops.

I know how to reach at least 8 Huddlers from the Central Ohio bloc (one of them, a legendary Pick Central poster, lives across the street from me) that don’t post on here. Might be able to get them back into boards posting. I do know several of them, when I brought it up a few years ago, said they would just prefer to not post anymore because of their jobs.

I am vaguely curious about whatever happened to CoreyHunter, a Licking County poster.

Some miscellaneous complaints about the Huddle in its last years...

• There were two different times the site was not available for an extended period of time (weeks.) One was when the software changed into the limpdick “all gray” format that was utterly awful for mobile browsers. I don’t recall the reason for the other outage, but I think it was summer of ‘16.

• The site was super-susceptible to spam. There were times the site was rendered inoperable because of massive spam (come to think of it, curious if the Huddle did get DoS’ed a few times.)

• The literal last days of the Huddle was within striking distance of week 1, and the announcement was pretty sudden. I believe the window to get posting contingency’s “ducks in a row” was two weeks. Which, just isn’t realistic if they don’t check the forums daily and even harder when many of those posters basically tried to live-and-die by message board anonymity (I get it.) And, as mentioned by others, “Yappi” was a forbidden word there.

• This last “gripe” might be misguided, and indeed I’m probably a jerk for complaining: JJ kept hawking the “Player of the Week” nominations (with the voting contests on the forum) via Twitter by tagging all of the schools, coaches and (IIRC) players as well. What would happen was throngs of kids and parents (I’m talking about folks who never understood what the hell JJHuddle was) were then getting linked into the forums but, because they were clueless, would crap the board up. The other issue with that is it basically eroded the “fourth wall” of forums. Yeah, nice. Thanks, JJ. I loved not being able to watch my games (and do my online posting) in peace.

I am vaguely curious about whatever happened to CoreyHunter, a Licking County poster.

Some miscellaneous complaints about the Huddle in its last years...

• There were two different times the site was not available for an extended period of time (weeks.) One was when the software changed into the limpdick “all gray” format that was utterly awful for mobile browsers. I don’t recall the reason for the other outage, but I think it was summer of ‘16.

• The site was super-susceptible to spam. There were times the site was rendered inoperable because of massive spam (come to think of it, curious if the Huddle did get DoS’ed a few times.)

• The literal last days of the Huddle was within striking distance of week 1, and the announcement was pretty sudden. I believe the window to get posting contingency’s “ducks in a row” was two weeks. Which, just isn’t realistic if they don’t check the forums daily and even harder when many of those posters basically tried to live-and-die by message board anonymity (I get it.) And, as mentioned by others, “Yappi” was a forbidden word there.

• This last “gripe” might be misguided, and indeed I’m probably a jerk for complaining: JJ kept hawking the “Player of the Week” nominations (with the voting contests on the forum) via Twitter by tagging all of the schools, coaches and (IIRC) players as well. What would happen was throngs of kids and parents (I’m talking about folks who never understood what the hell JJHuddle was) were then getting linked into the forums but, because they were clueless, would crap the board up. The other issue with that is it basically eroded the “fourth wall” of forums. Yeah, nice. Thanks, JJ. I loved not being able to watch my games (and do my online posting) in peace.

Yeah. The final nail in the coffin was the sudden upgrade at the start of the season that put the board offline for a couple weeks.

It was already clinging to life by that point and then.... That. They claimed they had no choice. But a site that had a 15 week "must work" phase out of 52....could you make sure everything was up to date and working in the other 37 weeks?

The pay to post, then free, then pay, etc it's what started the exodus. I learned of Yappi through another "Leroy Jenkins" running in guns blazing, by someone who had given up civility and posted it as much as they could before they were banned.

I'd say that Yappi was more Cincinnati based teams (especially gcl) while jj was more central and old AAC teams like Massillon and Steubenville. Also, jj seemed to have more smaller schools involved. On Yappi other than MAC schools and maybe talking about whatever winning team du jour, everything under D4 gets little discussion and seems to scroll off the first page too fast.

But one thing that Yappi had was statewide discussion threads and threads tended to meander from one topic to the next. While jj would nuke any off topic discussion or spin it off to a new thread and usually punish the users from not sticking to topic.

Jj was all about talking individual teams and leagues and specific games. You couldn't reference or compare one team to another in a thread without risk of getting hit with being off topic.

21 years for me, same user name. I do miss my ultra cool avatar I had on the huddle. Someone made it for me and I can’t seem to find it.

I remember how JJ pretended to be some expert on HS football and you didnt know really how clueless he was until he talked about your team.

You took what he said as gospel until he talked about your team and others you know well.
He talked about someone who could be a surprise for our team in the finals. Thing is..the kid was hurt since like week 3-4 that year and hadnt and wasnt even playing!