2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure some of the lack of numbers at VV are due to the new coaching staff and how things played out with the previous staff. Numbers had started to dwindle at VV in past years. Even last year, 60 kids isn't a bad number, but it wasn't all that long ago VV would have 80-90 kids out for football. They used to be one of the few schools their size that could platoon an offense and a defense. Times change, kids change, and more changes in the staff, etc. In small towns, which most of the SWBL I would consider small towns, politics are unfortunately always involved. That seems to be just how it goes.
This is true. I can remember watching VV many times in the early to mid-00's and it seemed like every boy in the school was either on the football team or in the band. It was pretty intimidating to roll into Baker field with 40 or 50 kids from other SWBL schools and see the size of those teams. Didn't hurt they had a future NFL guy running the ball a few of those years for intimidation factor either lol.

Kinda sounds the same thing at VV since they only have 46 kids this year supposedly. It’s simple when a new coach comes in or administration or whatnot and start changing traditional things the kids are used to it makes one wonder if they want to play or not. Politics piss me off so bad. Same way at Monroe back when my dad played in the 70s as now. I’m a big Monroe fan but I’ve seen bad bad favoritism in football and basketball mainly. Don’t pay too much attention to baseball, softball, Soccer etc. I don’t like to hammer my school but Monroe is very very bad for political disruption in sports.
We see that at EVERY school in Ohio.

I see Fenwick's week 2 game with Madison is scheduled to be played at Franklin. Is Madison's field turf behind schedule?

I see Fenwick's week 2 game with Madison is scheduled to be played at Franklin. Is Madison's field turf behind schedule?
Madison’s getting turf? Hmm I was wondering if they’d ever get a turf field. Since they built that new school I’m surprised they could afford it.

I'm wondering how the Covington Buccs, Valley View Spartans, Milton-Union Bulldogs and Oakwood Lumberjacks looked. Hear National Trail looked ok.

i heard Milton Union rolled Northwestern and played Greeneview very evenly.
Not really the thread for it, but MU and Greeneview weren't very even.
MU had 10 plays of O against GV's D and had around 65 yards and 1 score.
GV had 20 plays against MU's D and had negative yardage.

uh best Monroe team I have seen in a long time oline and dline outstanding SWBL be forwarned. Edgewood small and fast threw deep ball 6 or 7 times smallest Edgewood team in years but quoting Steve Channel speed kills. Fairborn not really that good QB throws ball up for grabs Edgewood varsity gave up one score in 2 hours of play Monroe counter play
Time will tell but I think they finally have the talent to be competitive. Our defense was much improved last year. D line will be solid. Secondary must be better this year. Will be interesting to see where Monroe goes on offense without Elijah Jackson who quit to play lacrosse. Alex Pitsch is our next man up at RB. Hopefully he can keep Monroe’s triple option attack consistent depending on who our QB is. Mullins wants our passing game to get better which is a must considering our schedule. Hornets vs Badin this Thursday night scrimmage! Should be a good one.

uh please update us on that Badin Monroe scrimmage I would not bet against Monroe
I’ll be there Thursday night and update as soon as it’s done. If they looked as good as you say we were it will be a great matchup. I think the last time we played Badin in the regular season was in the 1994 playoffs when we won 17-13. That Monroe team that year was really good. 11-1 MML champs.

uh to have the MML back would be beyond outstanding we have JV and freshmen games with less than 10 people on the visiting side
MML was a great league with competitive quality teams. Have to say that 2005 Monroe Edgewood game lived up to the hype. Hehehe had to mention. 32-25 Monroe Hornets MML champs first championship winning season in 11 years it was. Wish they’d bring the MML back.

uh not sure he did not fumble it was another rb gr8 game for Monroe
Yea the crowd went nuts. If Krause hadn’t been shoved out by that old witch lolli who was superintendent 2008-2012 who bankrupted the school we probably would have made more deep runs in the playoffs not to mention the AD Bauer was not worth a crap. We still had good talent but not great. She nor him cared nothing about our sports teams. All about their self. Everywhere she went she’d financially starve every school district she went. Krause was bound to take another job tho. I’m surprised he’s still at Fairfield. He would make a great college coach. Middletown ain’t been any good since he left.

uh actually I do remember she has an anti athletics reputation earned or not cant say its true or not but preception is reality
Believe me it was ugly. From what I saw and heard. I think she has a severe mental issue. I mean why would not like your sports to be successful? Past is past. Monroe athletics are in a much much better place than when she was there. Time to move on.

uh Brookville, Franklin, and Bellbrook all at home is a very favorable schedule. At Ross and at Waynesville are the only challenging away games
Very much indeed. They made our home game schedule well. Especially Franklin. 2015 was our last victory against them so hopefully this is our year to end franklins 5 game winning streak against us. It’s always a heated rivalry especially when my dad played back in the 70s.

Yea the crowd went nuts. If Krause hadn’t been shoved out by that old witch lolli who was superintendent 2008-2012 who bankrupted the school we probably would have made more deep runs in the playoffs not to mention the AD Bauer was not worth a crap. We still had good talent but not great. She nor him cared nothing about our sports teams. All about their self. Everywhere she went she’d financially starve every school district she went. Krause was bound to take another job tho. I’m surprised he’s still at Fairfield. He would make a great college coach. Middletown ain’t been any good since he left.
Krause was leaving Monroe regardless. That senior class in 08 was one of the best in school history. Middletown had one of it's best classes coming through and a freshman by the name of Jalen Marshall who everyone knew was special. It was a calculated move by him and a smart one. He also made the move out of Middletown at the right time. The Middies haven't had talent like they had when he was there.

I’ll be there Thursday night and update as soon as it’s done. If they looked as good as you say we were it will be a great matchup. I think the last time we played Badin in the regular season was in the 1994 playoffs when we won 17-13. That Monroe team that year was really good. 11-1 MML champs.
If Buck Green doesn't break his leg in that Badin game, I truly believe Monroe might have won it all that year. They were loaded with talent, but you can't replace a guy like that at any point in the season let alone that deep in the playoffs.

Krause was leaving Monroe regardless. That senior class in 08 was one of the best in school history. Middletown had one of it's best classes coming through and a freshman by the name of Jalen Marshall who everyone knew was special. It was a calculated move by him and a smart one. He also made the move out of Middletown at the right time. The Middies haven't had talent like they had when he was there.
Still that mean ole witch played a part in it

If Buck Green doesn't break his leg in that Badin game, I truly believe Monroe might have won it all that year. They were loaded with talent, but you can't replace a guy like that at any point in the season let alone that deep in the playoffs.
uh I do believe Franklin will be down this year. Coach was at Talawanda last year and ran the Woody Hayes T formation If he does that at FRanklin I suspect there be a revolt
Larry Cox ain’t too popular among a lot of people. Franklin will have hard year I agree. I don’t think Cox will last long. Childers was a good coach sad they ran him off.

It sounds as though Valley View did well in their first scrimmage against Goshen. Not sure what Goshen has coming back but for VV with their new staff, things at least went well. Any other scrimmage updates?

Monroe did really well from what I hear. Big physical d and o lines. Chris Reber a 6”2 285 lb jr. o lineman is getting some major college looks as is Zach Hadgdorn a sr. Since Elijah Jackson quit Ryan Miles a sophomore is getting looks at RB and QB. Monroe averaged 242yrs rushing per game last year. Expect Alex Pitsch a Sr. to compete for the starting QB or RB spot against Miles.

Last edited:
Yes. According to a release from the school and the Motz Group its delayed due a delay in getting the materials.

Yes. According to a release from the school and the Motz Group its delayed due a delay in getting the materials.
[/QUOTE

My son plays soccer for Madison and they don’t have any games scheduled for the field until October. Was told at the parent meeting even those were up in the air.

Larry Cox ain’t too popular among a lot of people. Franklin will have hard year I agree. I don’t think Cox will last long. Childers was a good coach sad they ran him off.
Larry a yes man. He will stay as long he says yes to bales and roberts. From what I’m hearing and probably true. In about 3-4 years Rodney going want back in coaching and they can fire cox easier then they would’ve been able to go coach Murphy. This jrhigh class we’ll be very fun to watch

It sounds as though Valley View did well in their first scrimmage against Goshen. Not sure what Goshen has coming back but for VV with their new staff, things at least went well. Any other scrimmage updates?
Can confirm VV played well and from what I was told should be fine this season. FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.