2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I didn't say that. You keep calling me out for something someone else said.
2. That poster said they could see a way that 9 teams could make it...all but Monroe.

But I'll explain it anyway.

Monroe is division 3 (with BB and Franklin)
Oakwood, Eaton, VV, and Waynesville are d4
Madison, Brookville and Carlisle are d5

Also, Monore is on the "harder" side of the league. nobody thinks the 'west' is as strong as the 'east'. 2 of the teams from the west you don't play are Madison and Eaton, 2 of your wins from last year! You replace them with Bellbrook and Waynesville. You think your schedule got easier or harder?

a 4-6 Carlisle, or Madison may very well have enough points to be top 16 in division 5, while a 4-6 Monroe may very well not have enough points in division 3. It will take more points in a higher division. In 2019 EVERY 4-6 or better team would've been top 16 in d4r16, but 3 4-6 and 1 5-5 team would've missed out in d3r12.

And it is likely that IF Monroe were to go 4-6, they probably are losing to the bigger schools and beating the smaller ones, earning fewer points.

I don't care if Monroe goes 10-0 or 0-10. But for a team whose last 5 years are 1-9,3-7,2-8,2-8,4-6...are you expecting people to get on here and predict greatness?
Think I don’t know that? Not expecting greatness but we will be competitive. Look at Eaton they sucked for the last 7 years or so. Don’t understand why the poster would say every team but Monroe could get in when Carlisle Oakwood and Eaton ain’t had a winning record who knows how long. Yes Monroe has struggled in recent years but we have a good group and am optimistic about this year.

Think I don’t know that? Not expecting greatness but we will be competitive. Look at Eaton they sucked for the last 7 years or so. Don’t understand why the poster would say every team but Monroe could get in when Carlisle Oakwood and Eaton ain’t had a winning record who knows how long. Yes Monroe has struggled in recent years but we have a good group and am optimistic about this year.
geez, stop being arrogant. Monroe is the big fish in a small pond. Eaton is D4 and Madison is D5. it’s easier for them to gain harbin points, which is how you get into the playoffs. Monroe realistically won’t beat any schools D3 or bigger, therefore hindering their playoff chances greatly. 4-6 Monroe has much less of a chance of making the playoffs than a 4-6 Madison. what more do i need to explain?

Last edited:
geez, stop being arrogant. Monroe is the big fish in a small pond. Eaton is D3 and Madison is D5. it’s easier for them to gain harbin points, which is how you get into the playoffs. Monroe realistically won’t beat any schools D3 or bigger, therefore hindering their playoff chances greatly. 4-6 Monroe has much less of a chance of making the playoffs than a 4-6 Madison. what more do i need to explain?
Never say never

Big Arrow I am not sure where you get your information. Preble Shawnee, Madison, and Carlisle are relatively the same size. Waynesville had one big class that pushed them over. Next year will be different. As for playing Clinton-Massie, again you are incorrect. That was a previous athletic director who is no longer there. There were other issues involved that had nothing to with competition. Check your facts.
What I’m getting at is Waynesville had no problem when they were the biggest,you can say Northridge is bigger but that football program is awful, basketball is a different story. You guys haven’t even played a game yet and already complaining good lord. If they didn’t split do you really think they would do any better. Better just face it, it’s a league doing everything to make a few happy we will call them the bigger schools and Waynesville isn’t one of them.

Last edited:
One thing you need to look at on your profile... It says "New Member". Just show some control and prove it on the field. We will all look for #21 playing for Monroe.
Like I don’t know that. I’ve been on here before years ago. Cmon dude 21 is just just my profile name for Monroe 2021

I’ve got Monroe not getting beat until the state championship game what do you guys have. I think number 21 for Monroe wil be getting offers from Ohio State by the end of the year look out for those Hornets.
Very funny you think. Like I said 21 is just my profile number. When somebody gives me a reason why they think Monroe is the only team that won’t get in the playoffs that will be it

Very funny you think. Like I said 21 is just my profile number. When somebody gives me a reason why they think Monroe is the only team that won’t get in the playoffs that will be it
I don’t think Monroe will be the only team in SWBL that doesn’t get in the playoffs I just think Monroe is the only team with zero chance of making the playoffs. Who are they going to beat that’s D3.

the loser of Carlisle vs Madison probably won’t get in but they could. Eaton should get in, i’d be suprised if they didn’t. this conference is guaranteed 7 teams making it with 8 being likely.

OK, here's my new rationale:
SWBL East
Bellbrook 10-0
Franklin 9-1 (L to BB)
Waynesville 7-3 (L to Eaton, Franklin, BB)
Oakwood 5-5 (L to MU, VV, BB, Franklin, WV)
Monroe 3-7 (W over Carlisle, WB, Talawanda)

SWBL West
VV 8-2 (L to Ross, BB)
Eaton 8-2 (L to VV, BB)
Brookville 7-3 (L to VV, Eaton, Franklin)
Madison 4-6 (W over Greeneview, Fenwick, USV, Carlisle)
Carlisle 3-7 (W over TVS, Miami East, Northridge) those 3 teams do respectably in their new leagues (WOAC and TRC) earning Carlisle enough points to sneak in at # 16 (their region only has 24 teams)

Monroe is the only SWBL team to miss the playoffs.
Even better! they beat Oakwood, but the 'Jacks go to the d4 playoffs at 4-6 while the Hornets still miss at 4-6 in d3. Monroe watches 2 teams they beat play in week 11 while they sit at home.

bye!

SWBL East
Bellbrook 10-0
Franklin 9-1 (L to BB)

SWBL West
VV 8-2 (L to Ross, BB)
Eaton 8-2 (L to VV, BB)
Carlisle 3-7 (W over TVS, Miami East, Northridge) those 3 teams do respectably in their new leagues (WOAC and TRC) earning Carlisle enough points to sneak in at # 16 (their region only has 24 teams)

Even better! they beat Oakwood, but the 'Jacks go to the d4 playoffs at 4-6 while the Hornets still miss at 4-6 in d3. Monroe watches 2 teams they beat play in week 11 while they sit at home.

bye!
I’m not sure Carlisle beats Miami East but I agree with the the rest of this.

I don’t think Monroe will be the only team in SWBL that doesn’t get in the playoffs I just think Monroe is the only team with zero chance of making the playoffs. Who are they going to beat that’s D3.
That’s really positive to think. You all act like Monroe is the only team with the hardest schedule. Talawanda is D2 which should be win they’re never any good. I don’t think Franklin will be as good as years past. I think we might be able to sneak out a win there.

SWBL East
Bellbrook 10-0
Franklin 9-1 (L to BB)

SWBL West
VV 8-2 (L to Ross, BB)
Eaton 8-2 (L to VV, BB)

bye!
Really dude? You really think we’re going 3-7? dude. I think at best 6-4. Carlisle ain’t getting in. Madison didn’t show up last year when we beat em 28-8. They’re not that good. Oakwood well until they get a new coach they’ll never go anywhere.

SWBL East
Bellbrook 10-0
Franklin 9-1 (L to BB)

SWBL West
VV 8-2 (L to Ross, BB)
Eaton 8-2 (L to VV, BB)

bye!
where i disagree:

Waynesville beats Eaton
Monroe loses to Western Brown
Madison loses to Greeneview
Carlisle loses to Miami East

Oakwood could lose to Mariemont. however i think the Jacks will be improved this year.

Madison didn’t show up last year when we beat em 28-8. They’re not that good.
Well, you don't play Madison!
In fact, you have ZERO teams on your schedule this year that you beat last year!
Oakwood well until they get a new coach they’ll never go anywhere.
So they beat you with that coach, and now they have coach Blevins running the offense.

Well, you don't play Madison!
In fact, you have ZERO teams on your schedule this year that you beat last year!

So they beat you with that coach, and now they have coach Blevins running the offense.
I know that. Still don’t see Oakwood going anywhere

for the rest of you (not named Hornet21)
these aren't actual picks. Just trying to show a very real way that all but Monroe from the SWBL could make it in the playoffs.
for the rest of you (not named Hornet21)
these aren't actual picks. Just trying to show a very real way that all but Monroe from the SWBL could make it in the playoffs.
Well think what you want but I say Carlisle is the only team that misses out. They ain’t been good for 4 years or so

do you not understand how Harbin points work?
I’ve followed Monroe since their greatest team ever went 12-2 in 2005. Yes I know how they work but when some people think we’ll only win 3 or 4 games? Cmon now naturally I’m going to defend my team. 3-7 is an insult in my opinion. 6-4 is fair 7-3 is a long shot yes but if they put up a good scrimmage vs badin maybe it will change a few minds. Yes we play a tough schedule but apparently everyone is jumping to conclusion that we can’t beat nobody bigger than us except the smaller schools. The badin scrimmage will show what we can and can’t do with teams our size.

Last edited:
I’ve followed Monroe since their greatest team ever went 12-2 in 2005. Yes I know how they work but when some people think we’ll only win 3 or 4 games? Cmon now naturally I’m going to defend my team. 3-7 is an insult in my opinion. 6-4 is fair 7-3 is a long shot yes but if they put up a good scrimmage vs badin maybe it will change a few minds. Yes we play a tough schedule but apparently everyone is jumping to conclusion that we can’t beat nobody bigger than us except the smaller schools. The badin scrimmage will show what we can and can’t do with teams our size.
or it will show exactly what we thought.

Everyone loves thinking negative about us. Mullins 3rd year will be a charm tho?
I think Monroe just hasn’t done anything recently to prove everyone otherwise. I wish them the best, but like everyone had said, beyond wins and losses, points and region affect playoff chances. Two years ago Bellbrook went 8-2 in that same region and didn’t make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.