2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Eaton is the same size as Milton-Union and National Trail is taking on MU.
I can't think of a boys sport tc would lose to Eaton in real big. They won in basketball. Baseball and soccer and wrestling tc wins big. Eaton wins football buts its a game. Eaton should be a monster though.

I can't think of a boys sport tc would lose to Eaton in real big. They won in basketball. Baseball and soccer and wrestling tc wins big. Eaton wins football buts its a game. Eaton should be a monster though.
I wouldn't pass off TC vs Eaton that quick. Eaton hasn't been very good as of late. I think the WOAC would be a decent fit.
WOAC consists of Shawnee, TCN, TVS, National Trail... All of Preble County. Why not Eaton too? Shawnee is similarly sized and plays Eaton. Trail seems to be challenging themselves more by taking on Milton, TCN plays Brookville who annually whips Eaton...

I doubt anyone really wants to play Eaton in WOAC. Just think Eaton is a little bit to big.
I'm leaning your way. Eaton has under performed for a while now. They have the horses just not the organization to saddle them up yet. If they were put in a position to compete for a conference title every year they may get very good very quick.

And why would a conference who just voted out Miami East and Bethel because of size want anything to do with Eaton?

Playing matchmaker is easy on here, but in reality there are so many diverse opinions among the AD's and school boards it is very difficult to determine who would be invited or accepted by the small communities that make up the WOAC?

I have a little feel for the communities of Arcanum, Franklin Monroe, Newton, Bradford and Tri County North. Each and every one of those districts are looking forward to the possibility of becoming competitive in all sports and to throw a district such as Eaton (who I seriously doubt would have any interest in joining a conference of schools that small relative to them) would be strongly objected to IMO.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how Lehman, Riverside, Troy Christian and Covington perform in multiple sports and both genders in the TRC. It feels to me like that group of schools will be very complimentary to each other and may struggle with inviting in larger schools who have a strong history of athletic performance.

Northridge, Bethel, Miami East and Milton compliment each other and could certainly be in position to compete against the larger schools in a numbers game.

Personally I'm just going to try to enjoy this conference for what it is and with who is currently comprising it.

It will be interesting to see how Lehman, Riverside, Troy Christian and Covington perform in multiple sports and both genders in the TRC. It feels to me like that group of schools will be very complimentary to each other and may struggle with inviting in larger schools who have a strong history of athletic performance.

Northridge, Bethel, Miami East and Milton compliment each other and could certainly be in position to compete against the larger schools in a numbers game.

Personally I'm just going to try to enjoy this conference for what it is and with who is currently comprising it.
I believe you are correct but its more about travel for Lehman, Riverside, & TC. Covington made the decision on their own between the WOAC and the TRC. For the other 3, they will now have very limited travel compared to their previous leagues. Less travel means more gate money for every home game top to bottom. When the longest trip in the new conference would of been the shortest drive in the old you make that move.

Word on the street is that Covington and Bethel aren’t likely to have JV teams.
That's interesting. Covington has very consistently had 40ish kids for as long as I can remember. Someone recently stated on here that Bethel had 50 kids playing this year...

TRC mentioned a lot in here. Gotta love press pros they are great.

Press Pros doesn't care about anyone outside of the MAC.

They still might have JV teams, but doesn’t sound like by much.

TC has Ansonia I believe.
TC 4 to Ansonia 1. This is barley real football though. Ansonia hit some chunk plays so that is concerning.

TC travels to Dixie next week. Will that present a problem for TC? Know nothing about Dixie.

Riverside varsity scored on Ridgemont 3 times, gave up 0 scores. Riverside scored on WLS 2 times, WLS scored 1 time on Riverside. Not a bad first scrimmage for the Pirates, glad to see them compete with WLS.

How did scrimmages go for all TRC Teams?
I know Milton scrimmaged Northwestern
Covington scrimmaged Tri-Village & Versailles
Bethel scrimmaged Greenon.
Haven't heard any results.

Milton vs Northwestern and Greeneview went well for the Bulldogs. Defense looked very good.

Article on Buccsfootball.com did not sound promising for Covington. 27 players?

i heard Greenon had their way with Bethel. 3 scores to none in the varsity portion. Bethel had maybe 30 kids?

How did scrimmages go for all TRC Teams?
I know Milton scrimmaged Northwestern
Covington scrimmaged Tri-Village & Versailles
Bethel scrimmaged Greenon.
Haven't heard any results.
TC 4 Ansonia 1. TC has some kinks to work out. Next week at Dixie

Looks like Milton gets a real test this Friday night at home vs Brookville. The Devil's are always a very sound fundamental team.
Sounds like Milton will be a defensive team in 2021. Lower scoring games? Who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.