OHC 2021

If that’s the attitude of the OHC, get me out of here. Haha. I would use that as incentive to build a matching culture, not as a reason to want them to leave. West Jeff has some ignorant fans, but they’re as passionate and loyal as they come around these parts. I think people don’t like it, likely because they’re jealous of it. ?‍♂️
Every school district has ignorant fans. West Jeff has a long and successful history. The OHC is lucky to have them, in my opinion.

2021 OHC scrimmage schedule (scrimmage followed by jamboree)

Greenon- vs Bethel, @ Springfield Shawnee
Greeneview- @Northwestern w/ Milton Union, @Blanchester
Madison Plains- @Circleville, vs Adena
Southeastern- vs Miami East, @ East Clinton
Cedarville- N/A
Catholic Central- N/A
West Liberty Salem- @Ridgemont, vs Urbana
West Jefferson- @Amanda Clearcreek, vs Bloom Carroll
Triad- @Danville, vs Riverside
Fairbanks- @ North Union, N/A
Northeastern- vs Urbana, vs Miami East
Mechanicsburg- @Anna, @Graham

few takes:
-the GV/NW/MU scrimmage would be a good one to see
-Greenon vs Shawnee Jamboree will be a good one
-what is WLS thinking? they will roll in both scrimmages but it won’t challenge them
-i think it would benefit Mechanicsburg to pick up another MAC school in a scrimmage. as it would the rest of the league

feel free to fill in the blanks!

Last edited:
2021 OHC scrimmage schedule (scrimmage followed by jamboree)

Greenon- vs Bethel, @ Springfield Shawnee
Greeneview- @Northwestern w/ Milton Union, @Blanchester
Madison Plains- @Circleville, vs Adena
Southeastern- vs Miami East, @ East Clinton
Cedarville- N/A
Catholic Central- N/A
West Liberty Salem- @Ridgemont, vs Urbana
West Jefferson- @Amanda Clearcreek, vs Bloom Carroll
Triad- @Danville, vs Riverside
Fairbanks- @ North Union, N/A
Northeastern- vs Urbana, vs Miami East
Mechanicsburg- @Anna, @Graham

few takes:
-the GV/NW/MU scrimmage would be a good one to see
-Greenon vs Shawnee Jamboree will be a good one
-what is WLS thinking? they will roll in both scrimmages but it won’t challenge them
-i think it would benefit Mechanicsburg to pick up another MAC school in a scrimmage. as it would the rest of the league

feel free to fill in the blanks!

Urbana has been WLS' jamboree game for years. It's a shame what has happened with the UHS football program. Ridgemont is new and yes, shouldn't be much of a challenge. WLS is fairly young, so probably a good opportunity to get those young guys' feet wet against a varsity team. I'm not sure if WLS and Ridgemont have played since the WCOC disbanded back in 2001 or not?

*EDIT - WLS played Ridgemont in 2001 and 2002 as non-conference games. Neither game was pretty.

Urbana has been WLS' jamboree game for years. It's a shame what has happened with the UHS football program. Ridgemont is new and yes, shouldn't be much of a challenge. WLS is fairly young, so probably a good opportunity to get those young guys' feet wet against a varsity team. I'm not sure if WLS and Ridgemont have played since the WCOC disbanded back in 2001 or not?

*EDIT - WLS played Ridgemont in 2001 and 2002 as non-conference games. Neither game was pretty.
i understand the tradition in the Urbana jamboree- that’s a rivalry that’s been around awhile. what i don’t get is essentially dropping the Shawnee scrimmage for Ridgemont

They should do something similar to the MAC. The top in the North play the top in the South. But that wont help NE at all. I could see them wanting WJ out.
I haven't heard about Greenon. Really!? Not sure who is wanting them out.
Whenever I hear conferences looking at expansion, realignment, teams leaving, etc., I always look to the MAC. I love their scheduling format. It allows for some scheduling relief for lesser teams, but also provides an additional OOC game for everyone. In many ways, I think it helps the headaches that you see created within leagues.

ghskinghtsfan - I do not know why WJ is not participating in a Grandview Hts Jamboree this preseason. WJ-Grandview scrimmage in 2019 and it was WJ 28-0 in early in the 2nd qrt. I believe Grandview is expected to struggle with numbers for football in the foreseeable future. Perhaps one or both schools decided it was in their best interest to not scrimmage. As of WJ they will scrimmage Amanda Clearcreek, HC at AC is a WJ alum and Bloom Carol has been very competitive the last few years (final 4 last season). I think WJ will have a good idea of where they stand after scrimmaging these two successful programs.

ghskinghtsfan - I do not know why WJ is not participating in a Grandview Hts Jamboree this preseason. WJ-Grandview scrimmage in 2019 and it was WJ 28-0 in early in the 2nd qrt. I believe Grandview is expected to struggle with numbers for football in the foreseeable future. Perhaps one or both schools decided it was in their best interest to not scrimmage. As of WJ they will scrimmage Amanda Clearcreek, HC at AC is a WJ alum and Bloom Carol has been very competitive the last few years (final 4 last season). I think WJ will have a good idea of where they stand after scrimmaging these two successful programs.
they absolutely have a great scrimmage schedule- i was just curious was they dropped GH. that has seemed to be a rivalry for quite sometime now. GH is expected to struggle and it probably wouldn’t have been very competitive. i do recall them being pretty good on 2019 however?

Whenever I hear conferences looking at expansion, realignment, teams leaving, etc., I always look to the MAC. I love their scheduling format. It allows for some scheduling relief for lesser teams, but also provides an additional OOC game for everyone. In many ways, I think it helps the headaches that you see created within leagues.
The reacted very, very quickly after finding out the addition of Anna and going to 9 league games affected some teams when a very good Parkway team went 8-2, won their only OOC game vs a 5-5 team, and lost only to two eventual State Champions and missed the playoffs.

The 9 league game format lasted only 2 seasons.

True, at times a rivarly game may not be played but in all it has helped the top, and bottom, teams flourish.
I wholeheartedly believe the change led to Minster, Ft Recovery and New Bremen being able to become title teams. Minster was an 0-10 team that same season

The Ridgemont scrimmage was originally Riverside @ Ridgemont. WLS joined late to make it a tri-scrimmage, for what it’s worth.

I like conferences that have schools in the same Division, but different Regions so they can meet in the state playoffs.
would be pretty awesome to see West Jeff meet Mechanicsburg in the final 4. however, i don’t think Burg has a shot at Coldwater this year

at this point, i might bet on Coldowtater vs West Jeff in the D6 state final. this could be the Riders year

ghs - that's a very big reach at this time of year. The 2020 Rider season ended with a Coldwater 42-7 beatdown. WJ needs to focus on:
* a big non league game vs Paint Valley
* a game at West Liberty - last time WJ played there they surrendered 27 TIGER first downs in a 42-39 loss
* Fairbanks always has a couple of very good athletes
* Mechanicsburg is the defending league champion & team to beat in the OHC North

In WJ's new Region 23, Ft Frye is still the team to beat. In Div VI, state runner up NM Springfield QB is the best player and Coldwater the defending state champs. WJ just needs to worry about week 1.