Northwest Ohio Realignment

Well it's why I posted that long comment about both them and Maumee needing to leave. If your extracurriculars are so bad that a child needs to go to a neighboring district for an education then you have a real problem on your hands.
Well there in lies the catch, did they leave for education or for sports?
I have no idea what academic offerings Woodmore has or does not have. But, if they simply jumped shipping to play on better sports teams, that a bummer. They could have looked at each other in JR and said let’s make Woodmore great! Stuck together and done something special as a group. Instead they all found individual success at other places, but did those other place care about it as much?

I have no idea what academic offerings Woodmore has or does not have. But, if they simply jumped shipping to play on better sports teams, that a bummer. They could have looked at each other in JR and said let’s make Woodmore great! Stuck together and done something special as a group. Instead they all found individual success at other places, but did those other place care about it as much?
Maumee did the exact same. The old losers code mantra of "if only we were in X league we could compete." Be careful what you wish for because the NBC was already good in football and with the two additions just got better.

I love Napoleon's stance on the matter. They have essentially been the little guy on the block since their GLL days and they ain't flinching. You can complain about your lot in life or change the culture and compete.

I even managed to get a Skywalker quote in there. ;)

Maumee did the exact same. The old losers code mantra of "if only we were in X league we could compete." Be careful what you wish for because the NBC was already good in football and with the two additions just got better.

I love Napoleon's stance on the matter. They have essentially been the little guy on the block since their GLL days and they ain't flinching. You can complain about your lot in life or change the culture and compete.

I even managed to get a Skywalker quote in there. ;)
This is why I don't believe the NLL is thinking they will get down to 8 teams.

This is why I don't believe the NLL is thinking they will get down to 8 teams.
Honestly I believe they thought Napoleon would be that person who realized no one wanted them at the party anymore and leave themselves. Instead they came out guns blazing and now the NLL is in pure panic mode with 11

Honestly I believe they thought Napoleon would be that person who realized no one wanted them at the party anymore and leave themselves. Instead they came out guns blazing and now the NLL is in pure panic mode with 11
There's no place for Napoleon to go. Everybody knows that.

BG might go, but the SBC Lake is a long drive away and the SBC has it's own scheduling problems.

Last edited:
11-2 = 9

I probably missed the explaination but how does NLL get to 8? Oh and someone tell St Francis I'm not ready yet. I need another year to practice my scowl, they should try to keep Grad for two years.

Where do they go, and who is the third to leave?

Maybe it's this eight.

Northview
Springfield
Clay
Ross
Southview
BG
Columbian
Napoleon
That is a nice league... I just can't see Columbian leaving the SBC unless kicked to the curb though

No one leaves for academics.

Here are some area news and notes I have heard at the watercooler I would like to share with all of you related to a handful of area programs for this upcoming season.

1. St Francis - School officials are very surprised about losing a couple athletes and coaches to other programs. Bruce is a 1 year interim deal. They have their eyes on another area Head Coach and just want to see how he does in 2021. This could be a shocker come December.

2. Whitmer - Heard Open Enrollment has really done wonders for them. Expect a 3 horse race between Central, Findlay and Whitmer for the Trac this fall.

3. Northwood - Look out for a very under the radar conference change.

4. Oregon Clay - Heard they had a Assistant Coach leave after the first day of group activity. This person does business with the NFL regarding offensive game plan strategy and analytics. Not a good look for a struggling program.

5. Lake - Surprise team to compete in NBC. Heard their passing game is going to both shock and light up that Conference. Competition for Ostego?

6. Napolean & BG - Heard the NLL may not need to worry about being at 11 teams. They think they will get to 8 on their own.

Anyways just random tidbits I have heard I thought you guys would enjoy.
Weird, I thought Washington Local was selective, weird their getting all the athlete’s in ????

Weird, I thought Washington Local was selective, weird their getting all the athlete’s in ????

Well they do have a reputation for actually teaching their athletes so, let's see how it goes? Get a few from Cherry as a baseline comparison on value added.

There are going to be a lot of parents comparing district and school response to covid, efforts to reach students and making decisions based on word of mouth and observation. You got certain schools.... that wouldn't let their kids in the door even though they had space. Even those that were let in the door can see that others were not and will be making judgements. We had certain districts that had trouble getting off the pot.

Since we seem to be in the "I heard" game, I'm hearing WLS seemed to hit the ground running when this first hit and continued into the new school year. Credit should be given, they have a much more diverse curriculum to serve than does Cherry St. or even the burbs.

Last edited:
I'm going to throw more fuel into the NLL dumpster.

If they find a 12th member, whom I do not believe exists, why wouldn't the smallest 8 ditch the biggest four and start a new 8 team league?

Assuming Northview and Southview balance out there numbers, then those two, Clay, Ross, and Springfield have essentially the same in enrollment. If a 12 school NLL splits into 2 divisions of 6 then two of those have to play Whitmer, Perrysburg, Findlay, and Anthony Wayne and the other three get to play Bowling Green, Napoleon, and the 12th unknown member. And every two years when new enrollment numbers come out who the unlucky two are has the potential to change.

And everybody STILL has to schedule 5 nonleague football games.

Why not make life simple? If they find a 12th why not just ditch the four big schools?

This had me curious. They lost their top two athletes and offensive players from a year ago in Saffran and Delventhal. I think the Hayward kid is back who played slot last year and a little QB when Saffran was split out. Not sure whos going to be throwing and catching for them to even come close to competing with Otsego. With their OOC schedule I wouldnt be shocked to see them in the 2-4 win range.
Heard they got a really good kid from Otsego

someone make a kid eat a non-diet compliant pizza. We'll get this thing to 200. The others are probably on vacation.

All the places I wanted to go on vacation are closed. Canada, Austailia, Brenda's Body Shop...