Black people more likely to die on roadways...

Not sure I've ever seen an article with a predetermined outcome than this article. It's amazing that she said that it is because of racism.

A few thoughts from the article, she said that black people live on streets with higher maximum speeds and fewer sidewalks. I highly doubt that is true. She claims that urban roads are to blame for the majority of these deaths but my experience is that urban roads have lower speed limits and more sidewalks. It is the rural areas that have no sidewalks and typically 45 to 55MPH speed limits. Even many suburban communities have few sidewalks with most roads 35 to 45MPH, at least where I live.

It really feels like people are looking at disparities in outcomes and assuming everything is because of racism. I've yet to see an article that talked about white people having a greater negative outcome. I'm sure in medicine there are plenty of examples where white people fare worse than other races and no one is going to attribute it to racism.

It seems to me that most of the people I see wearing masks now are black, so it would then follow that masks are actually killing blacks at a higher rate. I knew mask wearing didn't make sense, now it seems it's actually racist.

I have traveled millions of miles with work in rural and urban areas and can tell you without question that blacks in urban areas will die more as pedestrians than whites, they simply cross in traffic much more nonchalant than the average white person...I have no Idea why this is but I do know you will get run over much more often if you you assume everyone sees you and can stop.
It often looks to be a attitude or something...

I will also likely become a statistic one day... due to the fact that I have been married so long I choose to not even look before crossing.

Last edited:
The takeaway seems to be that it's good to be Hispanic/Latino, since they appear to fall in the "All Other Races" catagory - 18% of the population, but only 2% of the traffic fatalities. Not sure what social constructs would account for that rate.

Last edited:
I have traveled millions of miles with work in rural and urban areas and can tell you without question that blacks in urban areas will die more as pedestrians than whites, they simply cross in traffic much more nonchalant than the average white person...I have no Idea why this is but I do know you will get run over much more often if you you assume everyone sees you and can stop.
It often looks to be a attitude or something...

I will also likely become a statistic one day... due to the fact that I have been married so long I choose to not even look before crossing.

It couldn’t possibly be related to personal choices and good decisions, could it? Nah, it must just be racism.