Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

My brother and I took my parents' old freezer to the (metal only) salvage yard. Slid it up into his pickup and made the trek to the other end of the county.

Of course, it was easier to slide it off than on and into the designated pile. 260 pounds yielded $15.60, which will come in handy when it's time to buy lawnmower gas again.

Topped off the day by taking two old tires (Datsun B210?) to the nearby county recycle center. A good afternoon. Sanfords have nothing on us! :p

Last edited:
There is some hope....

New Gallup poll: “For the first time in history Republicans show majority support (55%0) for gay marriage.”

Last edited:
Nope just happy to see you emerge from the closet.
Yes GIF

Boat was tough to start over the weekend so I did some trouble shooting and the fix......just a couple of new spark plugs and got it to fire right up!

Some days are diamonds, some days are stone.
Sunday was a stone, today was a diamond.

Boat was tough to start over the weekend so I did some trouble shooting and the fix......just a couple of new spark plugs and got it to fire right up!

Some days are diamonds, some days are stone.
Sunday was a stone, today was a diamond.
Long waits at the ramp over the weekend, about 45 minutes to get her out. Weather in central Ohio on Sunday wasn't all that great, thankfully Saturday was awesome. But any day boating is a great day.

Not necessarily positive, but I did my good deed for the day and proof not everyone is worth 15/hour.....

Gas station this AM and my amount came to $5.20. Lady was easily mid to late 30s.
She messed something up on the register so got her phone out for my change.

I gave her a $20 so I should get 14.80 back.
She gives me 6 $5 bills 4 ones and 20 cents for a total of $34.20.

I coulda just took it and went on with my day but I felt nice so she wouldnt be short in her drawer and told her she gave me too much money and she was confused.

Told her she gave me too much then she showed me her phone: 20+5.20= 25.20. That made no sense to me. So..I gave her 20 dollars and the 20 cents and said she now owed me 80 cents.
She just did not understand. She probably thought I was scamming her but math is not that difficult. To take a calculator for change on a 20 is beyond lunacy.

Yeah....15/hour for all.

Not necessarily positive, but I did my good deed for the day and proof not everyone is worth 15/hour.....

Gas station this AM and my amount came to $5.20. Lady was easily mid to late 30s.

I coulda just took it and went on with my day but I felt nice so she wouldnt be short in her drawer and told her she gave me too much money and she was confused.

Told her she gave me too much then she showed me her phone: 20+5.20= 25.20. That made no sense to me. So..I gave her 20 dollars and the 20 cents and said she now owed me 80 cents.
She just did not understand. She probably thought I was scamming her but math is not that difficult. To take a calculator for change on a 20 is beyond lunacy.

Yeah....15/hour for all.
She was absent from school the day they taught gozintas.

Yeah....15/hour for all.
That's under Karma. Doing good is good for the Soul.

Humidity down today. Blue skies and white clouds accented with slightly dark bottoms. Incredible.

Finished organizing and cleaning my workshop, including the two squirrel carcasses behind my stack of wood. ?

Just need to put the tools back I have been using in the house - though I don't know why as I'll soon get them back out. lol

Last edited: