Biden Vrs Trump

Exactly so the net is that gas prices went up significantly under Trump and only dropped because of glut of inventory due to a lack of demand during a global pandemic. The Cult is so stupid.
Was the pandemic in 2019 too?

Was the pandemic in 2019 too?
No. Trump took gas prices from $2.27 when Obama left to $2.70 in 2019 before the pandemic. That is a 21% increase in his 3 years before the pandemic gutted demand and prices in 2020. The pandemic got the prices back to where Obama left them.

No. Trump took gas prices from $2.27 when Obama left to $2.70 in 2019 before the pandemic. That is a 21% increase in his 3 years before the pandemic gutted demand and prices in 2020. The pandemic got the prices back to where Obama left them.
Prices were trending down from 2018 to 2019. Obama had 4 years (half of his presidency) higher than either Bush or Trump.

Prices were trending down from 2018 to 2019. Obama had 4 years (half of his presidency) higher than either Bush or Trump.
LOL. In 3 years it went up 21% and you are bragging that in year 2 it was as high as 25%? Cult math.

It’s obvious with covid letting up people are finally able to get out and the demand for gas has soared. Gas almost always goes up in the summer (travel and the switchover to summer blend). In addition the Global Pipeline hack contributed to rising prices as well. All the arguing and twisting of facts ignores the real issue. We need to move away from oil dependence, even if it is produced here, and towards future alternatives sooner than later.

It’s obvious with covid letting up people are finally able to get out and the demand for gas has soared. Gas almost always goes up in the summer (travel and the switchover to summer blend). In addition the Global Pipeline hack contributed to rising prices as well. All the arguing and twisting of facts ignores the real issue. We need to move away from oil dependence, even if it is produced here, and towards future alternatives sooner than later.
I think gas started going up the day after Biden took office.

Reactions: y2h
I strapped a solar panel on the roof of my car to prep for this.

Eliminating an entire pipeline wasn't too smart either. There is plenty of oil, and we were oil independent during the Trump administration. The current alternatives are too unreliable.

1622635897422.png

Trump promised a new social media platform to rival Twitter. Instead, he put out a blog where he could post his ridiculous rants. Well, another predictable failure for Trump has, well, failed. The site has been shut down for good and scrubbed from his website. His aides promise something bigger is coming. LOL.

2 days later......

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Another day, another memory lapse by our resident liar.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything" -- Mark Twain.
I was referring to my original post. I did not post about trends until I corrected an incorrect post from a lying poster who said the trends were going down. So you have resorted to word gotcha now? That is the best you got? Pathetic.

Transporting Canadian crude for refinement did not have any impact on supply. That is simply a fact. The rise in gas prices is tied to a huge increase in demand coming out of the pandemic and the temporary and geographic rise due to the hack as previously highlighted. If you know anything, the same thing happened in 2011 and 2012 as we came out of the great recession.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
I was referring to my original post. I did not post about trends until I corrected an incorrect post from a lying poster who said the trends were going down. So you have resorted to word gotcha now? That is the best you got? Pathetic.
:ROFLMAO:
I know, I know...

Time and again....... You never said what you said.

Even after someone shows you that's exactly what you said.

Trump promised a new social media platform to rival Twitter. Instead, he put out a blog where he could post his ridiculous rants. Well, another predictable failure for Trump has, well, failed. The site has been shut down for good and scrubbed from his website. His aides promise something bigger is coming. LOL.
Vhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive

Under President Trump's leadership, gas prices were clearly trending downward.

Under President Babble's leadership so far, gas prices are clearly trending upward.

Stupid people disagree.

Transporting Canadian crude for refinement did not have any impact on supply. That is simply a fact. The rise in gas prices is tied to a huge increase in demand coming out of the pandemic and the temporary and geographic rise due to the hack as previously highlighted. If you know anything, the same thing happened in 2011 and 2012 as we came out of the great recession.
There was large demand with the strong economy pre Covid yet gas wasnt this high ?‍♂️

Under President Trump's leadership, gas prices were clearly trending downward.

Under President Babble's leadership so far, gas prices are clearly trending upward.

Stupid people disagree.
You just came to conclusion that is in direct conflict with the data you posted. Let me explain exactly what your graph shows.

1. Gas prices rose at nearly unprecedented rates during most of Bush's tenure until crashing do to decreased demand during the great recession. This straddled the end of Bush's 2nd term and 2 years into Obama's 1st term.

2. As we came out of the recession and demand increased again, we saw a spike in prices that straddled Obama's 1st and 2nd term.

3. As demand moderated and supply grew with on-going efforts to become energy independent, prices fell dramatically during the last 30 months of Obama's 2nd term.

4. Prices began to rise again in Trump's first year and peaked up 25% in late 2018. They started to drop slightly in late 2019 but were still up 20+% when the pandemic hit in 2020 and crushed demand which reversed the increase we saw in Trump's first 3 years.

5. As we rebound from the huge drop off in demand and the economy continues to boom, we are seeing another rise in prices very similar to what we saw as we came out of the Great Recession.

Rest assured, gas prices will moderate and drop as demand moderates and the economy returns to more normal growth. Expect that later this year or early next. Any other characterization of this data is a lie or pure stupidity by the author.

You just came to conclusion that is in direct conflict with the data you posted. Let me explain exactly what your graph shows.

1. Gas prices rose at nearly unprecedented rates during most of Bush's tenure until crashing do to decreased demand during the great recession. This straddled the end of Bush's 2nd term and 2 years into Obama's 1st term.

2. As we came out of the recession and demand increased again, we saw a spike in prices that straddled Obama's 1st and 2nd term.

3. As demand moderated and supply grew with on-going efforts to become energy independent, prices fell dramatically during the last 30 months of Obama's 2nd term.

4. Prices began to rise again in Trump's first year and peaked up 25% in late 2018. They started to drop slightly in late 2019 but were still up 20+% when the pandemic hit in 2020 and crushed demand which reversed the increase we saw in Trump's first 3 years.

5. As we rebound from the huge drop off in demand and the economy continues to boom, we are seeing another rise in prices very similar to what we saw as we came out of the Great Recession.

Rest assured, gas prices will moderate and drop as demand moderates and the economy returns to more normal growth. Expect that later this year or early next. Any other characterization of this data is a lie or pure stupidity by the author.
I'm sure anti oil policy has no effect...