Northwest Ohio Realignment

Awesome move for the old SLL ;). Damn good conference they've got going now.

I'd love to see Woodville, Pemberville, Luckey & Genoa see some growth from this new plant, but realistically people can't help themselves from living in Perrysburg or Bowling Green.
Yep...that's going to be the second high school in Perrysburg or Perrysburg becoming one of the biggest schools in Ohio. Easy drive from there or every Anthony Wayne SD (Waterville/Whitehouse down 24-80/90). Will still be a boon for Eastwood in the form of minimal property tax disbursements from the facility itself though.

Going through Joe Eitel...how about this for the "new" NBC football teams.

2017 - Eastwood, state runners-up
2018 - Genoa, regional runners-up but 1 fluky play from final four
2019 - Oak Harbor, final four
2020 - Otsego, final four
2021 - ????????

Essentially 4 final fours in 4 straight years from 4 different schools. Almost, dare I say......MAC-like :eek:

I think Eastwood/Otsego have a shot of winning region this year too.

This week we had the announcement of the new Peloton plant in Wood County's Troy Township. The plant will bring 2200 new jobs to that area which I believe is part of the Eastwood school district. Wondering what kind of growth in student population this new facility will create for Eastwood.
The tax money will be more important.

Some people may move to the Eastwood District to be closer to work, but everybody between the Maumee and Sandusky Rivers as far south as Bowling Green & Fostoria is less than 30 minutes from this new factory.

Incorrect. Fostoria has tennis, cross country, and a boys golf team. (Have girls golf most years)
I didn’t see their team on the nbc standings for those sports, I apologize if that’s wrong but I still think the bvc may be willing to take in fostoria depending on what happens with their small schools. I believe the bvc is at 10 with CR and Leipsic leaving but Elmwood coming in. If Vanlue and NB ever drop to 8 man football they’d be at 8 but I think LB’s growth may make a Fostoria/LB exchange make sense. I’m probably a few years ahead with this still.

I believe the bvc is at 10 with CR and Leipsic leaving but Elmwood coming in. If Vanlue and NB ever drop to 8 man football they’d be at 8 but I think LB’s growth may make a Fostoria/LB exchange make sense. I’m probably a few years ahead with this still.
If LB had any interest in playing schools closer to their size, they would have switched leagues long ago. The size gap between LB and the rest of the BVC is not at all a new problem. They'll be in the BVC until the rest of the league gets tired enough to find a new home for themselves or figure out a way to get rid of LB

This week we had the announcement of the new Peloton plant in Wood County's Troy Township. The plant will bring 2200 new jobs to that area which I believe is part of the Eastwood school district. Wondering what kind of growth in student population this new facility will create for Eastwood.

Housing developments need city sewer and water...not sure Luckey or Pemberville has the infrastructure to service that kind of growth.

Does anyone know the pay scale for this new plant? Will the majority be able to live in Perrysburg, or will we be looking at places like Rossford and the small towns getting more residents?

Going through Joe Eitel...how about this for the "new" NBC football teams.

2017 - Eastwood, state runners-up
2018 - Genoa, regional runners-up but 1 fluky play from final four
2019 - Oak Harbor, final four
2020 - Otsego, final four
2021 - ????????

Essentially 4 final fours in 4 straight years from 4 different schools. Almost, dare I say......MAC-like :eek:

I think Eastwood/Otsego have a shot of winning region this year too.
seeing what ive seen the last few years at the JH level and sub varsity, if it even remotely translates, Otsego should be very, very good the next two years at minimum. Eastwood has a ridiculous amount of talented athletes as well in the 8-11 classes, but Otsego's to be Sr and Jr classes are outstanding. Those two Id say have a very good shot at making runs the next two to three years, this coming year again for Otsego especially

I wouldnt go as far as even in the same atmosphere as the MAC. The hardware they bring back from State is almost always gold. I dont think anyone in the new northern buckeye conference can say the same

seeing what ive seen the last few years at the JH level and sub varsity, if it even remotely translates, Otsego should be very, very good the next two years at minimum. Eastwood has a ridiculous amount of talented athletes as well in the 8-11 classes, but Otsego's to be Sr and Jr classes are outstanding. Those two Id say have a very good shot at making runs the next two to three years, this coming year again for Otsego especially

I wouldnt go as far as even in the same atmosphere as the MAC. The hardware they bring back from State is almost always gold. I dont think anyone in the new northern buckeye conference can say the same
Weren't this past years 7th and 8th grade Otsego football teams pretty poor? Not saying that matters a ton. Eastwood's senior class in 2011 only won a handful of games in JH and then went undefeated their senior year.

Talent wise I do think Fostoria to the BVC makes sense. Plus they border 2 maybe 3 schools? (Arcadia, Elmwood, NB)
LB D5- no issue playing them
Elmwood D5 - same
VB D6 - shouldn’t be a problem
Riverdale D6 - same
McComb D7 - judging by there non conference games they have no fear
Arlington D7 - hard to say, but might not want a larger school added
PG D7 - travel wise would be a pain, although it is on st rt 12 the entire time
NB D7 - mostly hot garbage, so would it really matter who they play in the league?
Arcadia D7 - outmatched, but I would guess they would love to play the “bigger” school down the road
Lue D7 - I mean they might not be fielding a team by the time these changes happen, can’t really make decisions based on them.
By and large I think it adds to the league, plus when the Lue folds they will need a 10th, better to be proactive.

Weren't this past years 7th and 8th grade Otsego football teams pretty poor? Not saying that matters a ton. Eastwood's senior class in 2011 only won a handful of games in JH and then went undefeated their senior year.
yes they were not up to par with what they have in the high school currently. Im not the most fluent person, what was meant to have been posted was that out of those two, Id say the next 2-3 years they (both Eastwood and Otsego) have a great shot at making a run in the playoffs, with this coming year being a very good chance that Otsego does again. I think the window for the Knights to make some history will be in the next two seasons. If Eastwood can keep their current 8th grade class at Eastwood and away from Bancroft St. they could be very dangerous in the coming years. But seeing how students from all over NW Ohio somehow ended up at a "catholic" school East of the river the last few years I wouldnt be shocked by anything

Talent wise I do think Fostoria to the BVC makes sense. Plus they border 2 maybe 3 schools? (Arcadia, Elmwood, NB)
That might be the case; however, gate is also big factor. Fostoria does not travel well.

As for the SBC, what is the point of 3 divisions? Why not just have 3 different leagues?
d1e6fd43ac358d2dfe5b24b99c917f50.gif

That might be the case; however, gate is also big factor. Fostoria does not travel well.
For sure they don’t travel well, BUT with a few shorter trips and a better chance to win, maybe you get a few more fans to come out. It’s safe to say no one in Fotown is looking forward to a future trip to OH for that beat down.

Housing developments need city sewer and water...not sure Luckey or Pemberville has the infrastructure to service that kind of growth.
New housing going up right now in Pemberville (or just outside).

It will certainly not happen overnight but we will see the Otsego's and Eastwood's continue to grow. Even Lake has quite a bit of land as a district. In 20 years there will be another shift. This years domino effect is essentially recreating the old SLL and NLL (& GLL). For the time being everything that has happened is very good and most schools are in a better place than they were 6 mos. ago IMO.

It will certainly not happen overnight but we will see the Otsego's and Eastwood's continue to grow. Even Lake has quite a bit of land as a district. In 20 years there will be another shift. This years domino effect is essentially recreating the old SLL and NLL (& GLL). For the time being everything that has happened is very good and most schools are in a better place than they were 6 mos. ago IMO.
I think it's safe to say that some of us won't be around in 20 years. However, we can leave this world knowing that this thread will still be going strong.

As for the SBC, what is the point of 3 divisions? Why not just have 3 different leagues? View attachment 17619
Agreed. Unless you’re going to have 6 & 6 with 2 crossover games what’s the point? Just feel like it makes things harder to find games in football, makes things more unstable when teams have down years. Look at Oak Harbor, that division was trash with Willard, Vermilion and Port Clinton. NBC is a heck of an upgrade since the SBC got weird

Ok, ok. I got it then. Great realignment of 2040.

Defiance
Napoleon
Bowling Green
Bryan
Wauseon
Maumee
Otsego
Eastwood
Lake
Rossford

That is assuming us country bumpkins to the west aren't all D5 by then.

Ok, ok. I got it then. Great realignment of 2040.

Defiance
Napoleon
Bowling Green
Bryan
Wauseon
Maumee
Otsego
Eastwood
Lake
Rossford

That is assuming us country bumpkins to the west aren't all D5 by then.
Not a fan of 10 team leagues, you’ll have to drop a couple.

Agreed. Unless you’re going to have 6 & 6 with 2 crossover games what’s the point? Just feel like it makes things harder to find games in football, makes things more unstable when teams have down years. Look at Oak Harbor, that division was trash with Willard, Vermilion and Port Clinton. NBC is a heck of an upgrade since the SBC got weird
Might be a little harsh on PC.

Dead on with Vermilion and Willard.

Here's what I don't get from the SBC perspective - they just invite Woodmore, who accepts and it creates another opening in the NBC. It's certainly not a secret that the NBC was going after OH - they sent them at least one previous invite if not two. I mean, where there discussions with OH about this before the Woodmore invite and OH put the screws to them, or did they seriously not consider OH a threat to leave? The addition of Woodmore was certainly not worth the sacrifice of OH from an athletics standpoint. Heck the SBC could have grabbed Northwood instead.

Will the SBC changes mean it splits? That middle ground in the league sure is looking rough.

Not really anywhere for anyone to go, at least from an outsider's perspective. Vermilion has been wishy washy about whether they want to be aligned with North Central schools or Cleveland area, but unless the Lorain County League throws them a bone you have to think they're running out of options. Willard would leave yesterday if they had a place to go/a partner to go with, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I'd think PC, Huron, and Edison are fairly happy.

I'd say the Bay just finally tells Margaretta to grow a pair, takes them on in football (leaving them still with 6), and the River tries to add 1 more still. Maybe they can go get Northwood and possibly even Ottawa Hills if Swanton doesn't get their way.

Might be a little harsh on PC.

Dead on with Vermilion and Willard.
Well the league is trash because Port Clinton has been pretty historically mediocre. With exception to that 3 year run, they've been a consistent 4-6 or 5-5 team for the last few decades.

So you have 2 solid programs (Huron & Edison) and 3 games a school like Oak Harbor should never expect to lose. SBC should just merge the two bigger divisions into a 10/8 format for football...

Division A
Bellevue
Clyde
Tiffin Columbian
Norwalk
Perkins
Sandusky
Edison
Port Clinton
Vermilion
Huron

Division B
Willard
Margaretta
Hopewell Loudon
Tiffin Calvert
Lakota
Gibsonburg
Fremont St Joe
Woodmore

Why doesn't the River Division just break away and start a new conference with Woodmore and the current teams???

Why doesn't the River Division just break away and start a new conference with Woodmore and the current teams???
What benefit does that give them? Being with all the schools greatly benefits the River schools with sports others don’t have plus the league tournaments are valuable to those programs.

What benefit does that give them? Being with all the schools greatly benefits the River schools with sports others don’t have plus the league tournaments are valuable to those programs.

Stability of having their own conference. The River schools don't care about tennis, swim, lacrosse. They don't have those sports anyway.

I think the River would greatly benefit from having their own conference.

What league tournaments are you referring to?