Fights at Kings Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone in management had a half a brain they would have realized giving away tickets on a busy day to those types of individuals would be a horrendous idea. It wasn't just the fighting either. Kids were cutting in lines, stealing cups to get free refills, and being obnoxious. Obviously there should be self responsibility but it's just not going to happen in that situation. I'm sure I'm not being PC enough for some but that type of day will happen 100 out of 100xs if they continue to give out freebie passes to that type of clientele. If they were smart they would give away passes to honor roll students, kids who are involved in sports, and kids who are enrolled/accepted into a college.
There it is, there's that attitude that keeps those in the neighborhood and those attending CPS feel like they are not welcome at Elder. You all can say you are inclusive and want to help others, out of their bad situations, but the truth is many from Elder look down on "those types of people." Way to represent Elder, the west side, and the Catholic Church. Altiora.

So we just absolve the “underprivileged public school” kids from their illegal behavior? KI was trying to do something nice for these kids and this is what they get in return... blame for the behavior of the underprivileged public school kids. I really don’t understand how we got here as a society. It’s pathetic!
Thats not what i was saying at all, you took a huge leap. Those kids are going to act like that no matter the situation. What im saying is KI should of had someone smart enough to understand that.

There it is, there's that attitude that keeps those in the neighborhood and those attending CPS feel like they are not welcome at Elder. You all can say you are inclusive and want to help others, out of their bad situations, but the truth is many from Elder look down on "those types of people." Way to represent Elder, the west side, and the Catholic Church. Altiora.
If Elder gave out 300 free scholarships to Taft, WH, Woodward, and Aiken kids what do u think would happen on the 1st day of school? It would be KI all over again but probably worse. If Elder gave out scholarships to kids from those same schools because they wanted to be at the school, had good grades, participated in extra curriculum activities, and had adukts who were invested in them there would be no issues because kids earned it and want to be there. Do you not understand the difference? Just giving people freebies in anything does nothing but create havoc because they didnt earn it.

If Elder gave out 300 free scholarships to Taft, WH, Woodward, and Aiken kids what do u think would happen on the 1st day of school? It would be KI all over again but probably worse. If Elder gave out scholarships to kids from those same schools because they wanted to be at the school, had good grades, participated in extra curriculum activities, and had adukts who were invested in them there would be no issues because kids earned it and want to be there. Do you not understand the difference? Just giving people freebies in anything does nothing but create havoc because they didnt earn it.
Wait a second, I thought places like Elder provided much needed structure and discipline to help those that lack it?

Seriously, your racism and stupidity is the exact reason many people can't stand Elder. As someone who taught in CPS for over a decade, in some of those very schools you mentioned, you would be very surprised to learn that 90% of the students are not problematic in any way whatsoever.

Wait a second, I thought places like Elder provided much needed structure and discipline to help those that lack it?

Seriously, your racism and stupidity is the exact reason many people can't stand Elder. As someone who taught in CPS for over a decade, in some of those very schools you mentioned, you would be very surprised to learn that 90% of the students are not problematic in any way whatsoever.
The structure & discipline doesn’t take hold right away. In fact, there’s a lot of kids who just leave rather than conform to the standards.

KI was dumb giving free passes to teenagers. All teens act like morons and in large groups, that behavior only gets worse.

interesting. I posted about a wonderful multicultural experience I had last weekend in our neighborhood and you don't find that representative of the Elder Community, but you latch on to Jelder's post to paint the Elder community with a very wide brush. I would say that my attitude is much more indicative of the Elder Community. Jelder claims that his post was misunderstood and attempted to clarify it. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, but, the language he used is an issue in and of itself, regardless of his intent. He should be more careful to guaranty he will not be misunderstood.

I am sure that there are alumns and parents of kids in the CPS school at which you taught that would have said the same thing as Jelder. Why is that not indicative as the attitude of that school's entire community? It seems that you have a double standard when it comes to Elder, that you use to perpetuate the false reputation that Elder has had. It has always been a false perception and is still false today. If you have an axe to grind, that is fine, but I would hope that you would stop slandering an entire community for the comments of a few.

This is my post and it is consistent with posts I have made throughout my participation in Yappi.
With all of the KI related posts, I saved this until things settled down. I guess it may not for a while. I wanted to describe my evening in East Price Hill last weekend. First, my wife, myself and our 2 year old granddaughter had dinner on the patio at the Incline Public House. Beautiful evening and a great meal. I then suggested we check out the new playground I had heard about in Mt. Echo Park. The new playground is all the way back by the baseball diamond (grown over) and the tennis courts (now converted to basketball). The playground was great and included some updates of some of the more dangerous (and fun) playground fixtures of my youth. There was a "jungle gym" but up of, not rusty old iron bars, but shock cords, a teeter-totter that had springs so you could not jump off and have your partner slammed to the ground, and a spinner that was smaller than the old one at Delhi Park and which had a guard rail 3/4th of the way around it. Our granddaughter had a blast. There were half a dozen kids there who were ages 3-6 that appeared to be from two young families. The kids all chattered away in Spanish, which was not off putting to our granddaughter and all of the parents engaged us in pleasant conversation in English. All of this went on as a friendly basketball game went on behind us.

It was a great evening out and made me feel even better about the future of Price Hill.

Elder has always been a welcoming environment for minority students. It is a shame that we lost many minority students starting in the early 1990's to other, more diverse schools (Roger Bacon and Purcell/Marian) when the district system was ended. The administration is doing its best to rectify that as the whole area has become more diverse.

All you do is move the goal posts... Bottom line: Any male of any color will be successful at Elder if they want to be there and study. Any student of any color will not be successful if they don't want to be at Elder and will not study. This isn't about race but that's what you want to make it about it about to fit some weird narrative you have. You have no idea who I am or who I interact with on a personal or professional level. Like mojo said there are plenty of families and teachers within the CPS system that I personally know and would tell you the same thing. I was talking to a black buddy of mine just last night about the KI situation and his exact words were: "What did KI think was going to happen"? We had a good laugh over how stupid it was. Everything in todays world is about race when it should be about common sense. Finally, 90% of the students at those schools are good kids, that we can agree on. The problem is the majority of those kids are in 1 parent households and have no idea how to react when adversity happens. Only 60% of CPS students graduate due to lack of living in a strong house.

At some point, Elder people need to realize that “just come here and do what we do and you’ll be fine” isn’t inclusion.

In fact, it’s the opposite. They just don’t get it. Probably never will.

At some point, Elder people need to realize that “just come here and do what we do and you’ll be fine” isn’t inclusion.

In fact, it’s the opposite. They just don’t get it. Probably never will.
Another perfect, carefully timed trey-ism. As someone that's not affiliated with Elder, you wouldn't know if that's actually what the school does or says to students outside the feeder system. To use your own words, "(you) just don't get it. Probably never will."

Are you denying that the minority community has an inclusion skepticism about Elder? Really?

Really?

Prosecutor says five juveniles and one adult face charges after Kings Island fights​

Update 1:56 p.m.: Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell said five juveniles and one 18-year-old adult are now facing charges in the wake of fights and unruly behavior at Kings Island May 22. The charges are misdemeanors and include disorderly conduct, assault and obstructing official business. No arrests have yet been made.

The prosecutor said he believes four of the six knew one another.

Fornshell said in the 10 years has been prosecutor, there have never been issues of this magnitude. He said the kinds of behavior that closed the park early Saturday night would not be tolerated.

According to Elder people.

Not sure the minority community agrees with you here.
Ok. Who is this "minority community" of which you speak? The Black and Bi-racial members of my family are big Elder boosters. As are a number of Hispanic friends of mine. Elder does need to do a better job making a pitch for Hispanic students at the Price Hill parishes as many of those kids go to DePaul Christo Rey and I attribute that to the sway of the Sisters of Charity and the great co-op program they have developed there.

So, who is this "minority community"? I know that many of the race hustlers who used the 2001 riots to promote themselves made Elder the boogy man due to the number of police it graduated. Are those guys the "minority community"? Lets set up a meeting with this "minority community". What is their phone number? What is their address?

Ok. Who is this "minority community" of which you speak? The Black and Bi-racial members of my family are big Elder boosters. As are a number of Hispanic friends of mine. Elder does need to do a better job making a pitch for Hispanic students at the Price Hill parishes as many of those kids go to DePaul Christo Rey and I attribute that to the sway of the Sisters of Charity and the great co-op program they have developed there.

So, who is this "minority community"? I know that many of the race hustlers who used the 2001 riots to promote themselves made Elder the boogy man due to the number of police it graduated. Are those guys the "minority community"? Lets set up a meeting with this "minority community". What is their phone number? What is their address?
You can start by inviting all of the minority applicants to the school, I’m sure there’s some contact info on there.

Guessing it will be a small meeting though.

It amazes me how Elder people think Elder is so inviting to outsiders when everything points to it being not. True blind spot.

Who is the minority community? How about the minority families within a circular radius of 10 miles to your school - how much outreach have they done with that crowd?

Oh never mind, you volunteered at the soup kitchen downtown so you’re inclusive now.

Who is the minority community? GTFOH

Are you denying that the minority community has an inclusion skepticism about Elder? Really?

Really?
I didn't say that. But I am saying that you don't speak for the whole community and you're not exactly an expert here, so that's why I fixed your post.

You can start by inviting all of the minority applicants to the school, I’m sure there’s some contact info on there.

It amazes me how Elder people think Elder is so inviting to outsiders when everything points to it being not. True blind spot.

Who is the minority community? How about the minority families within a circular radius of 10 miles to your school - how much outreach have they done with that crowd?

Oh never mind, you volunteered at the soup kitchen downtown so you’re inclusive now.

And you know they're not doing this? You know the administration isn't reaching out to those families in Price Hill? 10 years ago with enrollment booming, you're probably right. Is that true now? I know you don't know, you can tell by the way you answer these questions when they're turned around on you.

If they were investing time recruiting African American students from the surrounding neighborhoods, wouldn’t it be showing?

So you’re telling us they’re doing all this work for nothing? You’re right, I don’t know for sure, but it’s pretty easy to come to a logical conclusion.

But you need “proof” - lol ok

Can’t have Joey Elder lose his starting spot - Elder Dad won’t be able to function. Recruiting those kids is a risk to the legacy gravy train. THATS why they don’t do it.

You want us to believe they’re out there pounding on doors and they just can’t convince these kids to come. Every year, so much work and they can’t break through.

Also, you ask for my proof that they’re not doing this, yet never provide any that they are doing it (nor do the results show they’re doing it). So....

Just be honest as to the reasons why. Daddy needs New Jersey’s to hang in the basement.

So they don’t recruit poor kids? And that’s a better answer?

Funny how they have no problem reaching out to the underprivileged Latino kids in their community who also likely struggle to afford it even with assistance: In fact, they have specific people on staff to assist those people. It’s just an amazing coincidence that a bunch of Latino kids from the neighborhood have started seeking out Elder.

The difference is, none of those kids play QB or RB.

This is all so blatantly obvious. It’s hilarious to listen to people dance around it.

Fake, Blind. Spot

The athletic roster spots are preserved in legacy stone. The daddies won’t have iit any other way.

I would love to watch those daddies meltdown if Elder did indeed seriously consider making true inroads with marketing to Black students of their community. It would be hilarious the hissy fits that would ensue.

But as I’ve said for a decade, we will never see it. Mostly because the friends and families of the administration need roster spots too.

But you all go on and keep saying you’re trying. That’s too funny.

A true embrace of diversity and inclusion would catapult Elder into the stratosphere, both individually for its students and as an institution, both academically and athletically.

The problem is, the vast majority of Elder people see it as a threat to their existence rather than a golden opportunity.

That’s the bottom line here.

This picture was new tonight. I also never saw so many Mason Police and Warren County Sheriff debuties in the park before. I was only in the park for 3 hours and half that time the park it was raining and was able to walk on all the rides.

Attachments

• 20210528_164044.jpg
    20210528_164044.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 24

You are so full of crap. I actually know people of color who attend Elder and are proud to do so. You have no idea what the current demographics are of Elder and you have no idea what the administration is doing for outreach. You just lash out in your demented anger, or jealousy, or both and slander people you don't even know.

You are full of crap.

You are so full of crap. I actually know people of color who attend Elder and are proud to do so. You have no idea what the current demographics are of Elder and you have no idea what the administration is doing for outreach. You just lash out in your demented anger, or jealousy, or both and slander people you don't even know.

You are full of crap.
Yet you continue to deflect from a very simple question.

What are they doing to proactively recruit the Black teenager in their immediate and surrounding neighborhoods. I’ll wait.

I have no doubt Elder has Black supporters, but you continue to dodge the question.

I absolutely agree Black students can have a world of success at Elder. But those kids have historically sought out Elder, not the other way around.

I’m asking for the 900th time - everyone of you constantly says “you have no idea what the administration is doing for outreach to the Black community” - what are those things they are doing? Apparently you don’t know either because no one ever answers the question.

And please, for the love of God, don’t say community service. I want to know what they are doing to proactively recruit Black kids to go to their school.

“Helping” the community isn’t the same as wanting them to be a part of your community. Like I’ve always said, should be really easy to shut me up with some examples.

Apparently it’s all a secret.

And no, I don’t consider Elder a racist institution or think they are bad people - not even close.

I just think they are hoarding opportunity due to legacy entitlement. They’d rather relive the glory days than elevate Elder to what could probably be THE athletic and academic power in Ohio if they combined the legacy and public demographic, not to mention being in a PRIME spot to do both. St Ed’s part two.

Who has this vision? That is far from ignorance, jealousy, being full of crap, or slander.

You out of anyone should appreciate that with your propensity to elevate diversity (which I think is a good thing).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.