Fights at Kings Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know this isn't westside, but most westsiders frequent Kings Island during the summer.

This made yahoo news. It is pretty sad to have to close the park down early, because people can't behave.

This is pathetic on both sides imo! Large group(s) of Teens acting totally ignorant and KI and LE couldn’t control the situation without having to close the Park to people who know how to act properly.

This is pathetic on both sides imo! Large group(s) of Teens acting totally ignorant and KI and LE couldn’t control the situation without having to close the Park to people who know how to act properly.

There are reports that security is discouraged to handle issues with force for fear of liability issues.

There were more issues than just the fighting. Many food and restaurants in the park were not open resulting in long lines for the ones that were. People waiting an hour in line for pizza.

There are reports that security is discouraged to handle issues with force for fear of liability issues.

There were more issues than just the fighting. Many food and restaurants in the park were not open resulting in long lines for the ones that were. People waiting an hour in line for pizza.
I heard from someone close to CPS that the kids intend to take it on the road and do the same thing at Coney and The Banks. I hope that is not the case.

I heard from someone close to CPS that the kids intend to take it on the road and do the same thing at Coney and The Banks. I hope that is not the case.

It does seem like a planned disturbance. The question would be why? Or it's just kids being opportunistic taking advantage of light security.

What do you mean? Just show up and cause problems/fights?
Yes. That is what I heard. Apparently there are a myriad of things to fight over and they are choosing the venues that will get them in the news. Stupid, yes and maybe exaggerated by this CPS official, but that is what I was told.

Yes. That is what I heard. Apparently there are a myriad of things to fight over and they are choosing the venues that will get them in the news. Stupid, yes and maybe exaggerated by this CPS official, but that is what I was told.
What a mindset to be raised with...hopefully what your friend told you will help quell any future issues or allow these venues to put stricter rules in place in regards to minors roaming around on their own.

These organized large group fights are NOT exaggerated at all, and happen all the time these days in Cincy. They are planned out on Social Media. The huge problem in Hamilton County is the juvenile courts..... There is literally zero consequence unless there is a gun involved, a person died, or there is an ridiculously large amount of drugs in the crime committed. Assault always gets a deal and no time locked up...... almost always some BS version of community service that never actually gets done. They also know that if there is a large crowd of people, the odds of positively identifying people are slim to none.

I am hoping with this incident being in Warren County, that these young people actually face consequences...... however, I doubt it because the Mason Police Dept. have never had to deal with something like this.

It's going to continue until young criminals actually start getting penalized, that is what juvenile courts and detention centers are for, not to rubber stamp every offense except the "really bad ones."

Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville and Kennywood in Pittsburgh have implemented chaperone policies for teens in their parks after similar issues. I wouldn't be surprised if Kings Island follows suit.
Hope they do. I'd bet this will bring in more families that otherwise were avoiding the place for these reasons. Nothing ever this bad, but it's always been a nuisance going and having to deal with punk kids.

I am hoping with this incident being in Warren County, that these young people actually face consequences...... however, I doubt it because the Mason Police Dept. have never had to deal with something like this.

A channel 5 reporter has said Mason PD made 0 arrests. Channel 5 is still on the story though.

The first sentence is why I said both sides are pathetic! Liability issues is total bs. Who liable when say an older lady gets knocked over by this crap and is injured?

The first sentence is why I said both sides are pathetic! Liability issues is total bs. Who liable when say an older lady gets knocked over by this crap and is injured?

Nobody most likely since an incident like that can happen anywhere, and your ticket says pretty much everything is at your own risk. I'm no lawyer, but that would be my guess.

This shows how ignorant some of these CPS people really are! Yesterday CPS folks had a protest about removing cops from Schools. Remove Cops from Schools and these morons will act this way literally everywhere! This ignorant sheet can’t be tolerated at anywhere! I also think it’s bs that the local media shows all the non sense but blurs out facial images because they are minors. Nobody acting this way in public should have their identity hidden, no matter their age!

A channel 5 reporter has said Mason PD made 0 arrests. Channel 5 is still on the story though.
Not surprising, and I expect very few if any. The question(s) will be.....
1. What will KI do to change their policy to prevent this from happening. I have heard this is the second weekend in a row this occurred.
2. Will Warren County actually lock the perpetrators up, even though they are under 18. Juvenile detention does exist and should be used when juveniles commit crimes. If they get off without any real punishment (community service, house arrest, book report) then this will happen again.

Nobody most likely since an incident like that can happen anywhere, and your ticket says pretty much everything is at your own risk. I'm no lawyer, but that would be my
So if your wife is assaulted at KI minding her own business, “it’s on her?” Why and the hell would anyone go there knowing this?

I also think it’s bs that the local media shows all the non sense but blurs out facial images because they are minors. Nobody acting this way in public should have their identity hidden, no matter their age!
The media had no problem showing Nick Sandmann's face back in 2019, even though he was a minor that did not commit any crime. Now we have minors committing crimes, and we won't show faces.

You are right, complete BS.

So if your wife is assaulted at KI minding her own business, “it’s on her?” Why and the hell would anyone go there knowing this?
How is KI liable for someone getting assaulted?

If you are in your own front yard, and someone runs up to you and assaults you, are you liable???? It happened in your property.

How is KI liable for someone getting assaulted?

If you are in your own front yard, and someone runs up to you and assaults you, are you liable???? It happened in your property.
KI is to blame for the whole situation. Do you think all those kids actually bought tickets to the park that day? The answer is no. KI gave away hundreds of tickets to underprivileged/public school kids and they made the ticket valid for a busy day at the park. Management is completely to blame for all of this.

KI is to blame for the whole situation. Do you think all those kids actually bought tickets to the park that day? The answer is no. KI gave away hundreds of tickets to underprivileged/public school kids and they made the ticket valid for a busy day at the park. Management is completely to blame for all of this.

No good deed goes unpunished.

So, Kings Island giving tickets away makes them responsible for people's decision to start fights. Got it, that makes perfect sense.

So, Kings Island giving tickets away makes them responsible for people's decision to start fights. Got it, that makes perfect sense.
I think it's fair to say both are to blame. The PR/marketing people at KI need to do a better job picking these days for free tickets, especially since there's been complaints aside from the fighting about extremely long lines that entire day for rides, food, etc. and lines spilling out much further than usual. That's extremely poor planning. Make the free ticket days on days during the summer that are typically slower and don't allow them all to be redeemed at once. School A can use them on Mondays, School B on Tuesdays, etc. Limits these kinds of interactions and keeps lines from becoming unbearable.

Of course the fighting should be blamed on only those who fought. No one's blaming KI for the fighting; they're blaming them for poor planning. Even if there were no fights, it sounds like the park was overcrowded that day and wouldn't have been a very good time.

I think it's fair to say both are to blame. The PR/marketing people at KI need to do a better job picking these days for free tickets, especially since there's been complaints aside from the fighting about extremely long lines that entire day for rides, food, etc. and lines spilling out much further than usual. That's extremely poor planning. Make the free ticket days on days during the summer that are typically slower and don't allow them all to be redeemed at once. School A can use them on Mondays, School B on Tuesdays, etc. Limits these kinds of interactions and keeps lines from becoming unbearable.

Of course the fighting should be blamed on only those who fought. No one's blaming KI for the fighting; they're blaming them for poor planning. Even if there were no fights, it sounds like the park was overcrowded that day and wouldn't have been a very good time.
I agree with everything you just said.

I was on the liability thing because it was brought up by Smarty22.

Mason police said officers responded to more than a dozen reports of unruly guests in the park and parking lot between 4:30 to 11 p.m.

Among the reports made were:

- A teen reported being assaulted near the Flight of Fear ride about 8:42 p.m. where a large group of juveniles allegedly was jumping the line for the ride. The teen and others in line were expressing their frustrations to the juveniles. One male got of the line and punched him in the left side of the head just above his eye and had cuts and bruises from the assault. The teen also said one of his front teeth were chipped.

- About 10 p.m. there were fights reported in the parking lot and near the preferred parking lot, both involving large groups of people.

- A teen from Fairfield told police he saw another youth from his Fairfield neighborhood and alleged the other youth had spat in his face twice and smacked his glasses off his face.

- Police were contacted about a person with a gun in the area of the drop-off area. However that was an unfounded report.

- About 8:25 p.m. Mason police officer was injured assisting Kings Island police and security giving verbal commands for the crowd at the Coney Barbeque to disperse. The Mason officer saw a man and woman fighting in the middle of the crowd. The male allegedly grabbed the female by the throat and struck her numerous times with a closed fist. The officer attempted to get in the middle of the couple but was shoved to the ground. He said an unknown number of people began to hit him and tried to take his radio off his shoulder. During the altercation, someone in the crowd used pepper spray they brought into the park on the officer. As he tried to render aid to the female who was assaulted, she cursed at the officer. He said the man and woman fled the scene and were not identified. As the officer headed to the front gate, he realized he lost his flashlight in the altercation.

I have had season passes off and on from 1992-2001, 2006-2011, and 2018 to present. I started getting them before Paramount bought them and I was probably about 12 years old. My mom never really road coasters, so her and my aunt would walk with us to ride find a people watching spot and wait for us at the exit. They did that till I got to high school. At that point we would ride rides and my mom and aunt would go watch shows and we would have to meet up with them at certain times.

Now I am going as a parent. Most trips I don't leave the kids area. One trip in the summer of 2020 I was waiting in line for Peanuts 500. The ride has been there forever since I rode it as a kid. Well they typically have 6 cars going at one time. They load three and three are on the course. Well on this trip we had a small line, but my boys had made it to the gate to load next. Right before they open the gate a little boy pushes his way through the rest of the line to the front. No parent or an older sibling with them. The employees working it saw it and did nothing. Who let's their 5 year old walk around Kings Island by themselves. The workers didn't want to get in trouble for saying something to a little kid. The parents ended up being at the exit, and had to see the whole thing.

I think Kings Island is running into problems for a few reasons. They are one of the few places open. That is causing more people to go to Kings Island instead of other options. The water park isn't open yet so park capacity is limited slightly. On top of that the unemployment benefits are too good right now. A lot of times you are going to get more money from unemployment than working a job like Kings Island. So because of this Kings Island is short staffed. For the last few years I have gotten the meal plan on my pass. This let's me get two meals at select locations for every visit. In 2019 when I had this option, I was able to figure out I paid about $3 dollars a meal I used this option a lot. I would sometimes even stop in for lunch when I had to work or drive by that area. A co-worker of mine who lives in Mason said he got the meal plan and would have dinner there three or four times a week. So if I am Kings Island I am trying to cut my loses on the meal plan and reduce the options for those meal plans.

Cedar Fair is having a lot of problems. I just read last week that Cedar Point isn't opening on Tuesday or Wednesdays because of their staffing issues. When the flag ship location can't find enough employees you are in trouble.

If anyone in management had a half a brain they would have realized giving away tickets on a busy day to those types of individuals would be a horrendous idea. It wasn't just the fighting either. Kids were cutting in lines, stealing cups to get free refills, and being obnoxious. Obviously there should be self responsibility but it's just not going to happen in that situation. I'm sure I'm not being PC enough for some but that type of day will happen 100 out of 100xs if they continue to give out freebie passes to that type of clientele. If they were smart they would give away passes to honor roll students, kids who are involved in sports, and kids who are enrolled/accepted into a college.

So we just absolve the “underprivileged public school” kids from their illegal behavior? KI was trying to do something nice for these kids and this is what they get in return... blame for the behavior of the underprivileged public school kids. I really don’t understand how we got here as a society. It’s pathetic!

If they were smart they would give away passes to honor roll students, kids who are involved in sports, and kids who are enrolled/accepted into a college.
This I agree with or at least give out tickets to a group that would provide an appropriate number of responsible adults to chaperone the event. These kids still need to be held responsible for their behavior. The fact that not one person was arrested is beyond stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.