Alliance Aviators Coachin Search

I am Shocked that Beau Bladerson is not mentioned more....

Didnt his sister- in-law just become Alliance's Director of Elementary Education for Alliance?

What’s taking so long? There ain’t been no press release or nothing. Makes me think something don’t quite smell right.

Look for a former teacher / coach that was well liked and respected within the school system. Hint, his brother is at Marlington.

The Review posted an article stating that there was 21 applications....

also noted some of those included

Matt Gulling (Tuslaw)
Zaid Abueteen ( Alliance Defensive Coordinator)
Mike Cook (St. Thomas)
Ray Leek (Cambridge)
Matt Seidel (Sebring)
Jon Butchko (Edgewood)
Brian Spicer (Fremont St. Joseph) and former Marlington coach
Tim Craver (Bracken County, Ky)
James Peyton (Missouri Military Academy)
Aaron Hill (Alliance Special Teams Coordinator)
Taurice Scott (Alliance Assistant)

Matt Gulling (Tuslaw)
Mike Cook (St. Thomas)
Ray Leek (Cambridge)
Matt Seidel (Sebring)
Jon Butchko (Edgewood)
Taurice Scott the ex- Mount Union QB? That is an interesting name on this list.. Perhaps a sleeper.. Mount as a pretty to reputation of high quality coaches..

Matt Gulling (Tuslaw)
Mike Cook (St. Thomas)
Ray Leek (Cambridge)
Matt Seidel (Sebring)
Jon Butchko (Edgewood)
some interesting names there, the Leek guy is taking HC jobs and bolting quick, I have seen that name on IUDOGS offseason post quite a bit haha.

does the dude from KY have some ties to Alliance?

Spicer just got fired from St. Joe in Fremont this year in like October

I'd say its gulling and the on staff guys who are the odds on favorites here

some interesting names there, the Leek guy is taking HC jobs and bolting quick, I have seen that name on IUDOGS offseason post quite a bit haha.

does the dude from KY have some ties to Alliance?

Spicer just got fired from St. Joe in Fremont this year in like October

I'd say its gulling and the on staff guys who are the odds on favorites here
Tim Carver* (dude from KY) has coached at 11 different schools over the past 40 years. Those schools have primarily been in Ohio (New Albany; Lancaster Fisher Cath and St. Charles all in the 80's; was out in west central Ohio in Logan County at a couple schools as well as Springfield Greenon to the south; was at Vincent Warren by Marietta not too long ago.)

With three guys on staff applying you have to wonder if the other two would stay on if one of them got the job. Also poses the question if they hire outside the current staff what kind of changes within the staff you would see and if anyone would follow Whiting to Minster after the dust settles. Definitely a tough situation with no real obvious choice.

With three guys on staff applying you have to wonder if the other two would stay on if one of them got the job. Also poses the question if they hire outside the current staff what kind of changes within the staff you would see and if anyone would follow Whiting to Minster after the dust settles. Definitely a tough situation with no real obvious choice.

Lot of the current staff coached with Gulling during his stint at Alliance. I’d imagine he would keep most.

Good luck to the Alliance community during their search for a new head coach. FYI. The Aviators and the Tigers are scheduled to play at the 8th & 7th levels next football season.

Bring back the old AAC (All American Conference)! The best football only conference EVER! Massillon, Canton McKinley, Steubenville, Niles McKinley, Alliance and Warren G Harding Panthers.
You are correct. That league was Ohio’s best ever.

I think we all know Alliance is going to hire Matt Gulling.

coached in alliance under Mike Schott
When Schott stepped down everyone thought he was going to take over
Left Alliance got some head Coach Experience

Just make it official already!!!

I think we all know Alliance is going to hire Matt Gulling.

coached in alliance under Mike Schott
When Schott stepped down everyone thought he was going to take over
Left Alliance got some head Coach Experience

Just make it official already!!!
Could he beat Whiting in a cage fight?

Could he beat Whiting in a cage fight?

Maybe thats why Matt didnt get the Job when Schott steeped down. Talbert set up a Octagon and said winner takes the program.

I respect the Hell out of Whiting, he did great job at Alliance, gave the city hope to enjoying football on friday nights again.

Maybe thats why Matt didnt get the Job when Schott steeped down. Talbert set up a Octagon and said winner takes the program.

I respect the Hell out of Whiting, he did great job at Alliance, gave the city hope to enjoying football on friday nights again.
Maybe so, Whiting does have some training in that area. Shoulda sold tickets I’d personally enjoy watching them boys rumble. Whitebeard did a good job no doubt about it.

Give the kid a break already. You bringing his name up all the time either means you’re either obsessed with him or being sarcastic and mean spirited. He is a valued member of the staff and will surely be retained. The new coach whom ever it may be will pick their coordinator or do it themself.
Clearly you don’t know what’s going within alliance. Do I personally know Corey, yes I know his whole family and those people are the kindest people in town that support alliance athletics. What’s wrong with me supporting him becoming an OC? He played at Mount, and has been coaching for years now.

I’ve heard 3 names that are finalists.
Tim Goodman (North Canton OC)
Aaron Hill
Matt Gulling

seeing cook leave St Thomas has me wondering if he is somehow in the mix, personally Im wondering if any of these guys would apply at St Thomas if they do not get the Alliance Job

Lot of the current staff coached with Gulling during his stint at Alliance. I’d imagine he would keep most.
Atleast two that have applied have asked the others if they would stay aboard if they got the position and vice versa.

Clearly you don’t know what’s going within alliance. Do I personally know Corey, yes I know his whole family and those people are the kindest people in town that support alliance athletics. What’s wrong with me supporting him becoming an OC? He played at Mount, and has been coaching for years now.

I’ve heard 3 names that are finalists.
Tim Goodman (North Canton OC)
Aaron Hill
Matt Gulling

seeing cook leave St Thomas has me wondering if he is somehow in the mix, personally Im wondering if any of these guys would apply at St Thomas if they do not get the Alliance Job

good choices! Should have been Zaid Aubeteen in that list as well.

Its one thing to support but its another to push for him so much...

I know whats going on with alliance, Corey hasnt been a Offensive Coordinator since he was a 7th grade coach under Kieth McGeehen. Corey has been a assistant oline/Dline coach for the high school for a few years but also been Freshmen defensive coordinator for one year.

good choices! Should have been Zaid Aubeteen in that list as well.

Its one thing to support but its another to push for him so much...

I know whats going on with alliance, Corey hasnt been a Offensive Coordinator since he was a 7th grade coach under Kieth McGeehen. Corey has been a assistant oline/Dline coach for the high school for a few years but also been Freshmen defensive coordinator for one year.
Have been hearing Tim Goodman got the job