STOP paying people not to work - NOW!!

$500 To stay home, plus any side hustle. That's the worse case. We have some damn dumb politicians.
Shutdown and everyone go home should be a last resort for Government. It’s extremely dumb for a politician to restrict a legitimate businesses hrs and occupancy! Restricting business obviously impacts Employers and Employees.

This is why I have confidence ( maybe a false confidence ) that the GOP will recapture Congress next year with people like AOC being the poster child of the Dem. party.
Who’s the GOP poster child? Gretzky, Harley, Cruz, Taylor Greene? Or consider Pelosi For the Dems? We don’t have a lot of great choices. Where are the statesmen and leaders of years past?

1620816024631.png

DeWine to announce end of federal unemployment benefits; hopefully sanity is starting to prevail around the nation and we can get the lazy arses off the couch to fill the 8 million open jobs available.

Deere finds hiring is slower than usual

John Deere is struggling to expand its workforce and pare down a backlog in agricultural and turf equipment orders. "It's going to be a pretty strategic risk to continue to manufacture in Iowa if we don't demonstrate that we have a manufacturing workforce that's sustainable," said Becky Guinn, a Deere factory manager in Waterloo, Iowa.

Full Story: The Des Moines Register (Iowa) (tiered subscription model) (5/10)

One of the thousands of examples of what happens when you pay people not to work.

DeWine to announce end of federal unemployment benefits; hopefully sanity is starting to prevail around the nation and we can get the lazy arses off the couch to fill the 8 million open jobs available.
How can anyone make a blanket statement like this? I know of multiple people who would like to go back to work but can't make it logistically possible because their daycare options are at limited capacity.

This, combined with the lottery, sounds like DeWine's all out blitz to get vaccine rates up.

How can anyone make a blanket statement like this? I know of multiple people who would like to go back to work but can't make it logistically possible because their daycare options are at limited capacity.

This, combined with the lottery, sounds like DeWine's all out blitz to get vaccine rates up.
Day care having limited capacity makes absolutely no sense. So there is the answer to your problem.

Day care having limited capacity makes absolutely no sense. So there is the answer to your problem.
"I'd like to go back to work, but until my daycare opens more spots, it's just not feasible. At least these checks are keeping the lights on."
"Your daycare limits capacity? That makes absolutely no sense!"
"Oh wow! Thanks for saying so - I'll see if I can get my old job back."

Last edited:
"I'd like to go back to work, but until my daycare opens more spots, it's just not feasible. At least these checks are keeping the lights on."
You can make 50k easily today. Then pick up a side hustle. Don't be a victim. Don't you have family to help with kids? Learn to make it on single earner income. Come on man, you can do it. My Dad was a Union Carpenter and raised 6 children. Never collected an unemployment check. I haven't and neither have my Sons collected unemployment.

You can make 50k easily today. Then pick up a side hustle. Don't be a victim. Don't you have family to help with kids? Learn to make it on single earner income. Come on man, you can do it. My Dad was a Union Carpenter and raised 6 children. Never collected an unemployment check. I haven't and neither have my Sons collected unemployment.
If everyone had family or friends around with the ability to watch someone's kids while they went to work, we wouldn't have day cares.

My point is that once again, it’s the government that is the problem.

[TD]U.S. Manufacturing Job Openings Soar in March[/TD]

[TD]Federal data released this week show that U.S. manufacturing job openings soared to 706,000 in March, a new record. According to Chad Moutray, chief economist for the National Association of Manufacturers, job postings have risen to "stratospheric levels."

Meanwhile, U.S. job openings are at an all-time high, and workforce participation is far below where it was in early 2020.

In March, Ohio reported 659,400 manufacturing jobs -- up more than 2,000 jobs from February -- but significantly lower than the 695,000 jobs in January 2020. 5/12/2021

The dependency state is alive and well. I'm not sure ending the extra $300 weekly federal giveaways is going to do the trick.

There are a ton of people who have never been taught the value of work.

A guy I work with went to four (4) fast-food places last evening to get dinner ............ 2 of the four were closing early because of a lack of help, and the other had only one or two workers and would not be able to supply an order for 25 minutes. He gave up.

This is what happens when liberals are in charge.

A guy I work with went to four (4) fast-food places last evening to get dinner ............ 2 of the four were closing early because of a lack of help, and the other had only one or two workers and would not be able to supply an order for 25 minutes. He gave up.

This is what happens when liberals are in charge.
White Castle.

Closing from 10pm-7am due to manning issues.

The.
World.
Is.
Ending.

White Castle.

Closing from 10pm-7am due to manning issues.

The.
World.
Is.
Ending.
If the Awful Waffle stops offering smothered, covered and chunked at 2AM then I know it's almost over. I think there might even be something in Revelations that refers to it.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics released its Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, which showed a record 851,000 manufacturing job openings in April, up from 749,000 the month before. NAM Chief Economist Chad Moutray breaks it down for us.

The big picture: “In the larger economy, nonfarm business job openings jumped from 8,288,000 in March to 9,286,000 in April, also a new record,” said Moutray. “In April, 9,812,000 Americans were unemployed, which translates to 1.06 unemployed workers for every one job opening in the U.S. economy, down from 1.17 in March.”

Unreal. 9 million job openings while the government pays 9 million people to sit at home. The government is wrong - AGAIN - and a lot of people have no work ethic. We need to be finished with being enablers.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics released its Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, which showed a record 851,000 manufacturing job openings in April, up from 749,000 the month before. NAM Chief Economist Chad Moutray breaks it down for us.

The big picture: “In the larger economy, nonfarm business job openings jumped from 8,288,000 in March to 9,286,000 in April, also a new record,” said Moutray. “In April, 9,812,000 Americans were unemployed, which translates to 1.06 unemployed workers for every one job opening in the U.S. economy, down from 1.17 in March.”

Unreal. 9 million job openings while the government pays 9 million people to sit at home. The government is wrong - AGAIN - and a lot of people have no work ethic. We need to be finished with being enablers.
Work Visas and 5 year program to citizenship. No government aid while here, must be working. To hell with the worthless degrees. There are plenty of immigrants that will work. Let a generation or two devalue.

The teachers unions are in on this too: pressuring schools to stay closed so some parents cannot reenter the workforce is also to blame for the labor shortage along with the extended unemployment benefits.

Poll: Many Unemployed Americans in No Hurry to Return to Workforce

A new survey conducted by the U.S. Chamber finds that nearly one-third of unemployed workers don't expect to return to work anytime this year -- and half of those say they will never return. Roughly 28% of respondents agreed that unemployment benefits were a key reason for the reluctance to return to work. (Ohio will end its participation in federal government's supplemental unemployment payment program on June 27.)

Other factors included childcare and other family care needs (24%), a lack of available jobs due in sectors that are still suffering (28%), and COVID-19 concerns (26%).

Meanwhile, here are the current trends in the U.S. labor force participation rate and Ohio's workforce participation rate. 6/8/2021