2021 Football

Entire staff is back with the exception of Coach Wirth, WR Coach, and the LB coaches who wanted to coach at an inter-city school. I haven't heard of their replacements.

Any word on where home games might be played? This nonsense of playing all games on the road or on neutral fields that do not provide home field advantage is getting old. I am not a fan of moving GCL-S games to larger venues just to appease the visiting team. I know all about the revenue stream and the importance of funding the program but you would think that a concerted effort in the past would have produced a stadium somewhere within a reasonable distance from the school. I hope and pray that the recently donated land for the sports complex has a reasonable chance of housing a football field with enough seating and parking for home games. If the field does not include lights, so be it, although the new baseball complex looks to be equipped with light fixtures. GBM

Any word on where home games might be played? This nonsense of playing all games on the road or on neutral fields that do not provide home field advantage is getting old. I am not a fan of moving GCL-S games to larger venues just to appease the visiting team. I know all about the revenue stream and the importance of funding the program but you would think that a concerted effort in the past would have produced a stadium somewhere within a reasonable distance from the school. I hope and pray that the recently donated land for the sports complex has a reasonable chance of housing a football field with enough seating and parking for home games. If the field does not include lights, so be it, although the new baseball complex looks to be equipped with light fixtures. GBM
I agree.….website does not show where home games are being played this year. From what I heard from someone close to the Raise The Shield campaign when asked about a football stadium at the new sports complex he said that the infrastructure at the new complex would not be able to accommodate the amount of traffic for a football game. There has got to be some solution to allowing us a home stadium? As a football and baseball alum I would love to see a football stadium just like the baseball facility that is being built. GBM!

I agree.….website does not show where home games are being played this year. From what I heard from someone close to the Raise The Shield campaign when asked about a football stadium at the new sports complex he said that the infrastructure at the new complex would not be able to accommodate the amount of traffic for a football game. There has got to be some solution to allowing us a home stadium? As a football and baseball alum I would love to see a football stadium just like the baseball facility that is being built. GBM!

Looks like home games will be played at Norwood's Shea stadium. We must do better. Looks like seating on one side only. :( Looks like my viewing will have to be done online. GBM

Looks like home games will be played at Norwood's Shea stadium. We must do better. Looks like seating on one side only. :( Looks like my viewing will have to be done online. GBM

Not so sure what was wrong with Lockland? At least it looked like a home field with Lockland having the same school colors as Moe. I'm sorry, buy Norwood is unacceptable, and honestly embarrassing. Maybe this will motivate Moeller administration to get moving rapidly on finally building a stadium on their newly gifted 30 acres.

Not so sure what was wrong with Lockland? At least it looked like a home field with Lockland having the same school colors as Moe. I'm sorry, buy Norwood is unacceptable, and honestly embarrassing. Maybe this will motivate Moeller administration to get moving rapidly on finally building a stadium on their newly gifted 30 acres.
When we went to renew the Lease at Lockland they raised the rent. I heard the figure that they were wanting was outrageous so we walked. Princeton was nice but I think everyone knew that wasn't a long term solution. Lockland was run down. Norwood? I agree TNG it's embarrassing! Not close to the Moeller footprint and inconvenient for students, parents and alumni. I hope that once the Raise The Shield campaign is over that they consider a" Build The Stadium" campaign. I think that if they would have an influx of donations quick. If you talk to alum they will tell you that they would donate to the building of a football stadium. The building of a stadium needs to be a priority in my opinion. GBM!!!

Sycamore seems to be moving into a new on campus stadium in 2021/2022. https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sc...s-for-a-new-stadium-scheduled-to-open-in-2022

It says the stadium at the Junior High will not be available because of construction in 2021. I wonder if Moeller could use the Junior High as the home field in 2022 and beyond.

I personally loved when Moeller played at Galbraith Field, but the past is the past.

As an Elder fan I am curious as to why Moeller doesn't approach the following schools to play games at them? It could be these schools don't want to rent to Moeller, but as a tax payer, I would want the schools to rent to Moeller for extra revenue.

Madeira
Mariemont
Kings
Loveland
Inidan Hill
Mason
Milford

Sycamore seems to be moving into a new on campus stadium in 2021/2022. https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sc...s-for-a-new-stadium-scheduled-to-open-in-2022

It says the stadium at the Junior High will not be available because of construction in 2021. I wonder if Moeller could use the Junior High as the home field in 2022 and beyond.

I personally loved when Moeller played at Galbraith Field, but the past is the past.

As an Elder fan I am curious as to why Moeller doesn't approach the following schools to play games at them? It could be these schools don't want to rent to Moeller, but as a tax payer, I would want the schools to rent to Moeller for extra revenue.

Madeira
Mariemont
Kings
Loveland
Inidan Hill
Mason
Milford
Moeller used the Jr High at Sycamore years ago. That didn’t last very long as the schools did not and do not get along. The 2 schools didn’t schedule each other for years in most sports. Not sure how things are between the schools today, but I doubt Sycamore wants Moeller using anything of theirs.

Galbreath Field was the best. In fact, Moeller tried to purchase the land, but they were turned down from Carl Linder, the owner. He wanted to sell it and develop it for biz. Hmm, how did that work? Still vacant last time I drove by it. At least that’s how the story was told to me. I have attached a pic from a story a few years back.

Kings’ field is right behind Galbreath. They said no thanks to Moeller as well. Moeller also tried to buy and develop land for a sports complex at VOA in Lakota schools district. Lakota schools said no thanks, no way. They felt it would lure their students to go to Moeller. It’s the same deal with all the schools listed and it’s too bad. None want Moeller athletics anywhere near their facilities bc they are a threat. I have heard that directly from the mouths of the admin of 2 schools listed.

Attachments

• 2141FF4C-268B-442C-B3D1-D9224C3AE68B.jpeg
    2141FF4C-268B-442C-B3D1-D9224C3AE68B.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 47
Moeller used the Jr High at Sycamore years ago. That didn’t last very long as the schools did not and do not get along. The 2 schools didn’t schedule each other for years in most sports. Not sure how things are between the schools today, but I doubt Sycamore wants Moeller using anything of theirs.

Galbreath Field was the best. In fact, Moeller tried to purchase the land, but they were turned down from Carl Linder, the owner. He wanted to sell it and develop it for biz. Hmm, how did that work? Still vacant last time I drove by it. At least that’s how the story was told to me. I have attached a pic from a story a few years back.

Kings’ field is right behind Galbreath. They said no thanks to Moeller as well. Moeller also tried to buy and develop land for a sports complex at VOA in Lakota schools district. Lakota schools said no thanks, no way. They felt it would lure their students to go to Moeller. It’s the same deal with all the schools listed and it’s too bad. None want Moeller athletics anywhere near their facilities bc they are a threat. I have heard that directly from the mouths of the admin of 2 schools listed.

Thanks I have often wondered why. I know the public schools can be jerks about renting to privates, but for the most part it is a win for them. They get extra money they usually wouldn't get. I know they have to schedule three levels of football, girl and boys soccer and other events, so finding time for 9 teams to share a field can be hard, if you add in a non school team it could get harder.

I always thought Moeller not having a home field sort of helped them in a weird way. Moeller and Ignatius have the most football titles and neither of them have a true home field. Elder baseball didn't have a true home field and they have the most baseball titles, but since the PAC opened Elder has 0 titles in baseball. So the question comes do you trade your titles for a home field?

Haha. That’s an interesting observation. I guess we will find out when Moeller opens their baseball stadium next year.

I think what Moeller has at the school is nice for football practice, frosh and Jv games. It’s too bad the surrounding neighborhood won’t let them have lights. Otherwise, they might have a home football field for varsity games (with some additions). Some of the best football stadiums (high school and college) are surrounded by homes.

Haha. That’s an interesting observation. I guess we will find out when Moeller opens their baseball stadium next year.

I think what Moeller has at the school is nice for football practice, frosh and Jv games. It’s too bad the surrounding neighborhood won’t let them have lights. Otherwise, they might have a home football field for varsity games (with some additions). Some of the best football stadiums (high school and college) are surrounded by homes.
I have been to a few of those JV Frosh games. It is a weird cool feeling. As an Elder fan, Moeller deserved better for varsity and the other levels. I hope the area you guys have down by the Little Miami River you get a football stadium at some point. If Moeller rotates the field 90 degrees I think they have an opportunity to have an on campus stadium, if the neighbors ok it. I wish Moeller well.

I have been to a few of those JV Frosh games. It is a weird cool feeling. As an Elder fan, Moeller deserved better for varsity and the other levels. I hope the area you guys have down by the Little Miami River you get a football stadium at some point. If Moeller rotates the field 90 degrees I think they have an opportunity to have an on campus stadium, if the neighbors ok it. I wish Moeller well.
Now that there is another field option for soccer, lacrosse and football practice, I would hope they would rotate the field and build a stadium. Lights should be negotiated much like McNick did with their township/neighbors. The new technology available in lighting allows there to be less of an issue for neighbors and they could work a deal for restricted hours. Parking, however, would still be an issue but it is for many schools

I think that has to be the plan. Football can practice in the stadium and Frosh can practice down at All Saints field. Soccer can move to the new complex to practice. If you have ever been to Louisville Trinity they too are land locked and have a beautiful stadium and put it in with less space than what we have. I hope it's the next phase. I think it would be easy to raise the money needed for a stadium.

Now that there is another field option for soccer, lacrosse and football practice, I would hope they would rotate the field and build a stadium. Lights should be negotiated much like McNick did with their township/neighbors. The new technology available in lighting allows there to be less of an issue for neighbors and they could work a deal for restricted hours. Parking, however, would still be an issue but it is for many schools

Parking is an issue for most high schools. A lot of them were built when kids didn't drive to school. Now most do and schools don't have the lots. Now add in 5000 to 10,000 on a Friday night and you have parking nightmare.

I have been to a couple hundred games at Elder and I know where to park and be safe. Elder has plenty of street parking and Seton takes advantage of their location to make a little money with their available parking.

LaSalle is in a similar boat to Elder/Moeller. I have been to a few dozen games there and know where to park every other year. Those neighborhood streets are packed. I have always found the closer you want to park, the sooner you have to get there. If you don't care, you can get a spot, but you might be walking.

Using Google Maps I looked at the on campus parking for Moeller and All Saints. They have a bunch of parking, but a lot of that gets filled with the JV/Freshman games and we all know varsity will draw more people. I then used street view and saw signs that said "No Parking School Days 8-4." I have seen these around Oak Hills too. With as much hassle that Montgomery has given Moeller about lights, I bet they would hassle about on street parking for games too.

I do see some attorney offices and medical facilities within walking distance of Moeller. IF I owned those business and typically closed about 5PM, I would pay someone on staff to come work the lot and charge 5 to 10 bucks to park. That would get a couple hundred more spots. I know this is Montgomery and not Speedway, Indiana, but for the 500 people even allow others to park in their yards for a price.

Trinity has a nice facility. If Moeller could build something like that on Campus they would have the second best stadium in the GCL.

Read where WR's Tennell Bryant and Brandon White recently ran blazing 100m dash. These 2 will arguably be the fastest receiver's in school history. Throw in junior to be, CJ Richard at Safety and Soph. to be RB Jordan Marshall, this Moe team has the makings of some serious skill position players that Moe has put on the field in a long time.

Read where WR's Tennell Bryant and Brandon White recently ran blazing 100m dash. These 2 will arguably be the fastest receiver's in school history. Throw in junior to be, CJ Richard at Safety and Soph. to be RB Jordan Marshall, this Moe team has the makings of some serious skill position players that Moe has put on the field in a long time.
Please read up on history hunter(78) and arthur(83) and maybe clouse(82) (might be spelling name wrong)
I would bet were the fastest to play WR or TE. I am skipping players that also play RB

plus how many times do you run 100 yards in football...???..?????

Please read up on history hunter(78) and arthur(83) and maybe clouse(82) (might be spelling name wrong)
I would bet were the fastest to play WR or TE. I am skipping players that also play RB

plus how many times do you run 100 yards in football...???..?????

White just broke the school record with a 10.66 in the 100 m Dash, Bryant was right on his heels during the same event at a recent track meet. I guess college football programs don't recruit high school track athletes (who also play HS football) who run those times in 100m dash, because they rarely run 100 yds in a football game?

I guess the most football players are time in the 100 yd dash or 40 yd dash ??.. ??...../???????

Doesn't matter, if your fast your fast. And both of those Moeller WR's are fast. Did you see Bryant play last year (White was hurt all year)? He can fly, and White is faster. I'm sure they both are in the 4.5.-4.6 range in the 40.

sorry but 4.5 or 4.6 in the 40 is not fast in today world.................

Plus

David Verser Vs Cris Collinsworth who was faster and who had a better football career ?...???......​

sorry but 4.5 or 4.6 in the 40 is not fast in today world.................

Plus

David Verser Vs Cris Collinsworth who was faster and who had a better football career ?...???......​

4.5 or 4.6 is very fast for 16 and 17 year old kids. Both of those kids will eventually be 4.4 if they continue on into college. I can't predict how these kids are going to fare in rest of their HS Careers at Moe. As far as high school players, all I'm telling you is they can run.

Speed is something that is very hard to teach, and on the high school level... speed is a HUGE factor.
I watched White routinely run by defenders before he was hurt. I saw Bryant do the same last year. If you can get both on the field at the same time, "Katy bar the door". There is no high school defense that could shut them both down simultaneously. GBM