2020 - 2021 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Season

I have read through this thread of posts and find it all very troublesome. Coach V., all things considered, is the best overall head basketball coach at Canton McKinley since Dave Hoover, and his state title teams. Let's be frank here, its getting to the point that either through social pressures, mean-spirited parents, and over-hyped student-athletes, that predominate black communities now want want black head coaches, be it basketball, baseball, football, etc. A white head coach in an urban setting, which is where Canton McKinley now finds itself, has a lot of crap to overcome with black bias against him. This BS was all well exposed during the head football coach Ron Johnson's tenure at Canton. The man coaches three consecutive victories over arch-rival Massillon, and gets run out of town. Why? Because many of the parents of the black players felt that they didn't get enough focus on college scholarship opportunities. I heard directly from some of the black parents, and they conveniently over-looked that their kids were hanging out with gangs; were not showing up for special academic assistance programs, instituted by the head coach, and the illogic goes on and on. Many of these kids just don't want to be held accountable and want special privileges. Its all enough to make you want to vomit. I for one, have not attended a Bulldog basketball game in 17 years and don't plan on ever going back, simply because of certain idiots in certain community areas who are so prejudice that they cannot be reasoned with. There is a very talented white kid who played both the Freshman and JV McKinley teams and next year, should he not leave, be a very fine player as a Junior at Canton McKinley. But you have people who don't even want to see white kids playing for Canton basketball teams, no matter how good of a kid and player he or she might be, as they same prejudice is very evident in the girls basketball program at McKinley. Either knock off this crap or just ban white players and white coaches from Canton McKinley and move on to another life.
Let me set you straight, coach Johnson got himself in trouble, by the comments he said in the locker room, it was recorded by the players, and turned into the superintendent. When the superintendent at the time heard it she cried. I was there to witness it. So stop the prejudice b.s.. we loved Dave Hoover. Most of the coaches you probably approve of are ones who have an agenda by trying to get their sorry kids scholarships, and will sacrifice winning. I am bringing some facts that I know of, it's not about color of skin. Do your job as a coach, McKinley is a intercity school, with intercity kids. Wake up

Agree with you, Lefthook37, amazing sports complex and facilities in the Canton School System.....some of the best sports facilities in the tri-state area. However, the sports teams have consistently underachieved over the past 10-12 years. Trust me, its not all about the coaches, however, its much about the "community" and lack of commitment, dedication and support to the various sports teams and respective coaching staffs.

These same morons who are now spreading negativity about the current Basketball head coach, say little to nothing about the incompetent, over-rated current head Football coach! Why do you suppose that is the case?

Question above, raised by Caleb, is completely out of context and doesn't deserve a response.
Why not? You yourself mentioned it in post 449 in much more indebts then I did. So what context were you talking about then?

In no way was I speaking about quantitative or ratio driven coach hiring initiatives, as your comment relates to. My commentary was specific to the topic of "double standards" and "inconsistencies" in assessing the performance and effectiveness of head coaches, especially pertaining to the sport of basketball and also football.

In no way was I speaking about quantitative or ratio driven coach hiring initiatives, as your comment relates to. My commentary was specific to the topic of "double standards" and "inconsistencies" in assessing the performance and effectiveness of head coaches, especially pertaining to the sport of basketball and also football.
So that large paragraph you wrote was just to show inconsistencies from the Canton community? By the way it was well written but make no mistake when it comes to coaches and who plays what position in Canton it's about race. If you can prove me wrong I'll apologize till then my post stands as is.

Its always the same story, McK is a great place to play, The Fieldhouse , for basketball TBHF for football Ted Branon Natatorium Don Scott track an Field The new locker room an state of the art weight room , but the problem is the adults that act like kids an no matter who the coach is they always know better, white black or green, brown the CBOED needs to get into this an just be honest find a fix . In todays PC is what is killing everything in this country JUST PLAY THE GAME'S get an education you are not all going to be a pro player but be a pro person

He will attend McKinley next year.His entire family made sure they are living in the correct District so he can go to McKinley.

he lived across the street from hall of fame and used to go to glenoak. moved to be in McKinley district. realistically there are three options. go to McKinley, go to svsm or go to big time prep school.

betting man like i am he will be at McKinley next year starting as freshman. after that year it will depend on what opportunities he has presented to him

he lived across the street from hall of fame and used to go to glenoak. moved to be in McKinley district. realistically there are three options. go to McKinley, go to svsm or go to big time prep school.

betting man like i am he will be at McKinley next year starting as freshman. after that year it will depend on what opportunities he has presented to him
After looking at how smooth the kid is....how does he not transfer. St V will be after him.

After looking at how smooth the kid is....how does he not transfer. St V will be after him.

I tried to tell everyone years ago how good he was going to be. He has been on SVSM radar his brother was stud Defensive player for Hoban and is going to Wisconsin for football. Like I said I think (hope) he goes to McKinley next year. If he has better opportunities (i.e Montverde Academy, Compass Prep, La Lumiere, Oak Hill) I think that is where he goes. These are just my opinions but I think McKinley will have every chance at the start to prove to be a great location for his growth and development. Which I am sure would make a lot of haters upset

I tried to tell everyone years ago how good he was going to be. He has been on SVSM radar his brother was stud Defensive player for Hoban and is going to Wisconsin for football. Like I said I think (hope) he goes to McKinley next year. If he has better opportunities (i.e Montverde Academy, Compass Prep, La Lumiere, Oak Hill) I think that is where he goes. These are just my opinions but I think McKinley will have every chance at the start to prove to be a great location for his growth and development. Which I am sure would make a lot of haters upset
Isn't ST Vs considered a better opportunity? And it's right in his backyard

Right. I was referring to the other out of state choices stated above
In state options you would be correct it is a great choice. But compared to the competition and true exposure the Big time preps bring now SVSM and McKinley are on the same plain fighting against those schools.

We are almost to the point of neighborhood schools or kids growing up together winning state titles in almost any sport will be going by the wayside. Whether anyone likes it or not

It doesn't matter where you play if your good enough the recruiters will find you. I Absolutely doubt any of those out of state schools are even an option for this kid

It doesn't matter where you play if your good enough the recruiters will find you. I Absolutely doubt any of those out of state schools are even an option for this kid
I can tell you for a fact they are in fact trying to get him to come and the way people complain on these boards about aau and private schools blah blah. If you don't think those big time prep schools don't offer something different you are living in the past and can't admit things are changing. I don't personally think they are better, I love the high school system coming up with a group of kids from grade school to the high school and building something.

However with travel teams, club teams, aau mixing kids at younger age they will start going to high schools to play with kids they traveled with or kids just going to prep schools instead of staying at their public high school. 98% of kids aren't good enough for that last option. I can tell you this one is and it is possiblity

The first sentence was directed towards you the rest is general statements.

I can tell you for a fact they are in fact trying to get him to come and the way people complain on these boards about aau and private schools blah blah. If you don't think those big time prep schools don't offer something different you are living in the past and can't admit things are changing. I don't personally think they are better, I love the high school system coming up with a group of kids from grade school to the high school and building something.

However with travel teams, club teams, aau mixing kids at younger age they will start going to high schools to play with kids they traveled with or kids just going to prep schools instead of staying at their public high school. 98% of kids aren't good enough for that last option. I can tell you this one is and it is possiblity

The first sentence was directed towards you the rest is general statements.
I can admit things are changing kids want to play with there friends they play AAU with and for coaches they know and can relate too.

I challenge you to give me one example of a local kid canton kid for basketball transferring out to an out of state Prep school?

You have SVSM and plenty of other talented programs in state where you can get exposure and be tested by quality talent.

Did Chris Livingston need a Prep school to be found and be a top 5 recruit in the country?

Im not even a Mckinley fan just wouldnt make a lot of sense on why he transferred to Hartford and moved into the school district last year not to go there.