Alliance Aviators Coachin Search

CaptainA

Who takes the helm from Whitebeard Whiting’s steady hand? Do they stay in house ? Look elsewhere? Like to know everyone’s thoughts and opinions of who will be the head honcho when it’s time to watch the boys play some ball!!!

Who takes the helm from Whitebeard Whiting’s steady hand? Do they stay in house ? Look elsewhere? Like to know everyone’s thoughts and opinions of who will be the head honcho when it’s time to watch the boys play some ball!!!
Balderson looking to coach again? That name comes to mind.

I wonder if there are any coaches from smaller schools out that way that might apply for the job?

I figure there will always be the rumor of farrah, as I feel his name gets rumored for jobs in the area.

I think it is a solid job though. Definitely a place you can win some ball games based on the league as well.

Balderson looking to coach again? That name comes to mind.

I wonder if there are any coaches from smaller schools out that way that might apply for the job?

I figure there will always be the rumor of farrah, as I feel his name gets rumored for jobs in the area.

I think it is a solid job though. Definitely a place you can win some ball games based on the league as well.
Alliance will be a young but a talented team in 2021. I think 2022-2023 they should have great teams.
I’m sure a handful of assistants have applied for the job I feel like there a couple of quality coaches already on staff.
People that come to mind from other schools or former HC’s
Matt Seidel (Sebring)
Matt Gulling (Tuslaw)
Badre Bardawil (McKinley OC)
Walid Bardawil
Beau Balderson (Former HC at Jackson/Marlington/Glenoak)
DJ Dota (Former HC WB/Warren Harding)
Phil Mauro (Former HC Jackson/Carrollton)
Jon Butchko (Edgewood)

Alliance will be a young but a talented team in 2021. I think 2022-2023 they should have great teams.
I’m sure a handful of assistants have applied for the job I feel like there a couple of quality coaches already on staff.
People that come to mind from other schools or former HC’s
Matt Seidel (Sebring)
Matt Gulling (Tuslaw)
Badre Bardawil (McKinley OC)
Walid Bardawil
Beau Balderson (Former HC at Jackson/Marlington/Glenoak)
DJ Dota (Former HC WB/Warren Harding)
Phil Mauro (Former HC Jackson/Carrollton)
Jon Butchko (Edgewood)
Mauro took Sherwood Fairview job.

Any word on what’s going on? I’ve heard a few names thrown around in the community. If they hire outside I’d honestly be surprised

There’s atleast two assistants that have applied internally, I’m sure you may have heard more though.

Assistants I would Like to see or former assistants to apply

Jared Angelica
Zaid Abuteen
Taruice Scott
Aaron Hill
Keith McGeehen
Mike Rossetti
Joe Richardson

Coaches I would Like to see brought in :
DJ Dota
Beau Balderson
Mike Cook
PJ Fecko
Eric McCourt
Greg Reed
Matt Gulling
Ron Johnson
Troy Spiker
Matt Altomore

Assistants I would Like to see or former assistants to apply

Jared Angelica
Zaid Abuteen
Taruice Scott
Aaron Hill
Keith McGeehen
Mike Rossetti
Joe Richardson

Coaches I would Like to see brought in :
DJ Dota
Beau Balderson
Mike Cook
PJ Fecko
Eric McCourt
Greg Reed
Matt Gulling
Ron Johnson
Troy Spiker
Matt Altomore
The three on staff I would like would be Abuteen, Hill, or Unckrich.

The three on staff I would like would be Abuteen, Hill, or Unckrich.

I agree with Hill and Abueteen part.

Give it to Aaron Hill. He's someone the community likes and respects. Hes been a Bowling and track head coach and hes been on the varity staff for some years..

YES-Ault is only in his 80's I hear he wants to coach again. At least bring him in as an assisstant
Sounds like the perfect guy to run Barberton’s offense. I’m sure he will blend in perfectly and eat White House chicken in the pressbox on Friday nights

Yep. When was last time Alliance beat Barberton? 1954?
Not sure what the Don Ault business is about or if you are trying to be funny.

Alliance and Barberton actually played pretty recently in 2014 and 2015.

Alliance won 42-23 in week 3 of 2014
Barberton won 34-6 in week 1 of 2015

No not funny. Thanks for info. Should play every year.
Well I believe Coach Ault passed away in February of this year. The fellow was 91 years young at the time of his passing so I’m not sure how much ball the old boy could have coached even if he was still with us. Great coach though.

Well I believe Coach Ault passed away in February of this year. The fellow was 91 years young at the time of his passing so I’m not sure how much ball the old boy could have coached even if he was still with us. Great coach though.
Yes. He also invented The First and Punt Offense at Barberton.

I’ve heard some Wakefield rumors down at tailgators . We can only hope.

i dont think Wake is coming to Alliance. I wouldn't leave Perry for Alliance.

I heard theres a "favorite" and hes applied but I am not sue if he will get it. If he does Aviators will see a familiar face back on the sidelines.

If I was the AD i would hire someone on staff. less then 2 weeks away from Summer workouts.

i dont think Wake is coming to Alliance. I wouldn't leave Perry for Alliance.

I heard theres a "favorite" and hes applied but I am not sue if he will get it. If he does Aviators will see a familiar face back on the sidelines.

If I was the AD i would hire someone on staff. less then 2 weeks away from Summer workouts.
Wakefield stepped down a couple weeks ago and used to drive out to coach at mount union

I can't imagine a scenario where Wakefield would coach at Alliance. He had it made at Perry and was firmly in control of nearly every aspect of that program, and would expect the same at Alliance, which is not happening.

I would be more inclined to think that you may see Gulling put his name in the ring, and be a good choice for the job.

The administration needs to get someone who has head coaching experience to continue building this program. Seth did a great job during his tenure there, but it would be a shame to see it slip with a poor hire.