STOP paying people not to work - NOW!!

Interesting. Can you post that link? In Ohio the maximum (not average) unemployment is $480, w/ some additional depending on number of dependents. 37% make under that??? That is pitiful for a country like the US.
What is missing from this discussion is a simple question. Who wants to live on the amount of money given by the government? Wouldn’t be much of a life. How would you pay rent or raise kids?

What Could Possibly Explain Those Poor Job Numbers?​

were hiring 11 an hour just say no 300 unemployment

What is missing from this discussion is a simple question. Who wants to live on the amount of money given by the government? Wouldn’t be much of a life. How would you pay rent or raise kids?
You do realize people are getting $700-$1000 a week right? Depending on income and dependents.

Do you have details? I don't know a thing about it.
Lots of people sitting on unemployment right now even though there is PLENTY of work.

Drove down the busy strip near my house, every sign says "now hiring, all positions." My company cannot fill good paying positions. Local doctor's office cannot get people to answer the phone. I've never seen anything like this.

Who is saying many of them are doing so. The few I know who aren't working and just accepting these giveaways are second incomes for a household and not the breadwinner. I believe many people who are not working are in that same boat as a second income...

You do realize people are getting $700-$1000 a week right? Depending on income and dependents.
Depending on how many children you have?? I don’t know about you, but even so, that wouldn’t be enough for me and my family. I support raising the minimum wage. Every time the minimum wage has increased I’ve listened to the same scare tactics ( inflation, jobs lost, etc) and they never come true. We need to also cut the government handout significantly.

Depending on how many children you have?? I don’t know about you, but even so, that wouldn’t be enough for me and my family. I support raising the minimum wage. Every time the minimum wage has increased I’ve listened to the same scare tactics ( inflation, jobs lost, etc) and they never come true. We need to also cut the government handout significantly.
Well we are not necessarily talking about you. There are obviously plenty of people who are getting by just fine. I'm for MW increase as well but unsure it needs to be $15.00. I'm also for bringing all of those refugees standing at the border in because they will work.

In Ohio I think the max weekly unemployment is $480? plus the additional $300 from the feds, that is over $40,000/year equivelant. At the height, the feds were paying $600/week.
I don’t think the $300 was set to last an entire year. I think it was supposed to last through the summer.

Is that what he said?
Is that what he thinks he said?
Is that what he intended to say?
Is that what he said but did not intend to say?

Do you have details? I don't know a thing about it.

The details are some people getting the maximum allowable in State Unemployment plus the Extra 300$ from the Feds. This can easily be 700-1000$ a week. Then you have some people who say get 200 in State $ and 300$ from Feds and still making a minimum of 500$ a week. State minimum in Ohio is 189$ not sure of maximum but I believe it’s over 400$. Hope this helps.

I must add that it is crazy to me that the Government (State&Federal) wants to change the rules on many people that they themselves made after they forced many of those people to be Unemployed. This is all because of mandates,restrictions and shutdowns.

Last edited:
The details are some people getting the maximum allowable in State Unemployment plus the Extra 300$ from the Feds. This can easily be 700-1000$ a week. Then you have some people who say get 200 in State $ and 300$ from Feds and still making a minimum of 500$ a week. State minimum in Ohio is 189$ not sure of maximum but I believe it’s over 400$. Hope this helps.

I must add that it is crazy to me that the Government (State&Federal) wants to change the rules on many people that they themselves made after they forced many of those people to be Unemployed. This is all because of mandates,restrictions and shutdowns.
$500 To stay home, plus any side hustle. That's the worse case. We have some damn dumb politicians.