100% capacity this season

From the article...
As different episodes in history have illustrated — including the building of an atomic bomb in the U.S. – true freedom is to choose to place the well-being of your family, community, and country above your own personal values

Also from the article...

I'm going to take a detour here and go back to another time when a group of individuals had to face a very difficult choice between personal views and civic duty. In 1941, the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor prompted the US to join the Allies in the war against Germany and Japan. Two years earlier, on 2-August-1939, Albert Einstein wrote a letter to President Franklin Roosevelt sounding the alarm of a very possible Nazi nuclear bomb. "In view of this situation you may think it desirable to have some permanent contact maintained between the Administration and the group of physicists working on chain reactions in America," Einstein wrote.
Now, Einstein was an outspoken pacifist, as were many of the physicists then working to understand nuclear chain reactions. When the Manhattan Project to build a U.S. atomic bomb started for real in 1942, the main worry and motivation for the group of scientists working in secrecy at Los Alamos was the fear of Hitler with a nuclear bomb in his hands. A split happened within the group. Some scientists pushed the moral worries of building a weapon of mass destruction aside and undertook the formidable technical challenge as another tough scientific problem to figure out. Others, however, had serious moral qualms in participating in the project, knowing very well what the social and political consequences would be. Still, they pushed their personal views aside and worked to build the bomb. The fear of a Nazi threat and the sense of civic duty, the need to protect their country, their community, their families, and their values took center stage, superseding their personal choice.

So, you either didn't read the article or have no idea what you read. That is the single example the author is using to try to convince the reader WHY people should get a vaccine. Here is a time where people put aside their personal freedoms for the greater good. To defeat the common enemy staring us all in the face. Even Einstein, who was an outspoken pacifist, out aside his personal beliefs to help build a weapon to evaporate a million or so people. Lol. Covid is not the threat that Hitler and Nazi Germany were. If that article moved you in someway good for you.

Its sensationalism "journalism" and we have had enough of that with covid.

Don't forget to double mask today when you walk to your mailbox.
Do you know what the definition of sensationalism is?

(especially in journalism) the use of exciting or shocking stories or language at the expense of accuracy, in order to provoke public interest or excitement.

Can you point out the information that is not accurate in the article?

There is a whole lot more said in the article than what you chose to pick out.

I never thought I would agree with someone that has a TTUN helmet as an avatar:(
Remember: we are all just fans. I know many people that went to Pukeye University and they are super nice people. I also know many people that went to "THE" Michigan University and they are super nice people. It's a bitter rivalry, but it is good for college football and hopefully soon it will be a more even rivalry. I may not like them during the game, but after, it's all good. That's life. But I do appreciate you agreeing with me and admitting it. Class, I like that!! Enjoy your upcoming HS and college football season.

From the article...

(especially in journalism) the use of exciting or shocking stories or language at the expense of accuracy, in order to provoke public interest or excitement.

He probably didn't read it

From the article...

As different episodes in history have illustrated — including the building of an atomic bomb in the U.S. – true freedom is to choose to place the well-being of your family, community, and country above your own personal values

Also from the article...

I'm going to take a detour here and go back to another time when a group of individuals had to face a very difficult choice between personal views and civic duty. In 1941, the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor prompted the US to join the Allies in the war against Germany and Japan. Two years earlier, on 2-August-1939, Albert Einstein wrote a letter to President Franklin Roosevelt sounding the alarm of a very possible Nazi nuclear bomb. "In view of this situation you may think it desirable to have some permanent contact maintained between the Administration and the group of physicists working on chain reactions in America," Einstein wrote.
Now, Einstein was an outspoken pacifist, as were many of the physicists then working to understand nuclear chain reactions. When the Manhattan Project to build a U.S. atomic bomb started for real in 1942, the main worry and motivation for the group of scientists working in secrecy at Los Alamos was the fear of Hitler with a nuclear bomb in his hands. A split happened within the group. Some scientists pushed the moral worries of building a weapon of mass destruction aside and undertook the formidable technical challenge as another tough scientific problem to figure out. Others, however, had serious moral qualms in participating in the project, knowing very well what the social and political consequences would be. Still, they pushed their personal views aside and worked to build the bomb. The fear of a Nazi threat and the sense of civic duty, the need to protect their country, their community, their families, and their values took center stage, superseding their personal choice.

So, you either didn't read the article or have no idea what you read. That is the single example the author is using to try to convince the reader WHY people should get a vaccine. Here is a time where people put aside their personal freedoms for the greater good. To defeat the common enemy staring us all in the face. Even Einstein, who was an outspoken pacifist, out aside his personal beliefs to help build a weapon to evaporate a million or so people. Lol. Covid is not the threat that Hitler and Nazi Germany were. If that article moved you in someway good for you.

Its sensationalism "journalism" and we have had enough of that with covid.

Don't forget to double mask today when you walk to your mailbox.
For the third time, the comparison is that these are two situations where civic duty is seemingly at odds with personal freedom. Somehow you have interpreted it as Covid is as dangerous as Nazi Germany/Japan in WW2. (Although, the former has killed more Americans than the latter did).

From the article...

Comparing what people did due to the threat of Nazi Germany to this virus which has a survival rate about 99%. That's the biggest one.

For the third time, the comparison is that these are two situations where civic duty is seemingly at odds with personal freedom. Somehow you have interpreted it as Covid is as dangerous as Nazi Germany/Japan in WW2. (Although, the former has killed more Americans than the latter did).
6 million Jews would like to say hello. But they can't thanks to Hitler.

The level of civic duty and sacrificing personal freedom needed for fighting WW2 and fighting the covid virus aren't remotely comparable. Despite the author's attempt to connect the two. It's laughable really.

I for one don’t agree. My local school has approached Covid perfectly logically. It’s been open since he beginning of this school year and makes common sense decisions based on what the community wants.

I don’t expect - or even want - consistency. Different communities have different attitudes, and schools should reflect that.

I am totally for everything being open and yes, it is common sense to have been open all five days a week since August. I should have worded it differently

6 million Jews would like to say hello. But they can't thanks to Hitler.

The level of civic duty and sacrificing personal freedom needed for fighting WW2 and fighting the covid virus aren't remotely comparable. Despite the author's attempt to connect the two. It's laughable really.
Nice red herring argument.

You've had ample opportunity to explain why it's laughable but continue to choose not to.

Nice red herring argument.

You've had ample opportunity to explain why it's laughable but continue to choose not to.
Red herring? Lol. Who mentioned covid killing more Americans than WW2? Wasn't me.

I have explained it multiple times. The threat from covid doesn't require a level of civic duty or sacrifice of personal freedoms to that level like the author's example of WW2. The threat level isn't similar.

Twice?? [Why? } and you still didn't get it. Yikes.
To make sure I didn't miss anything. I realize you don't get past headlines and only read at a 2nd grade level. But reading it twice wasn't that much of an investment in time and the OP said it was a really good read....so I wanted to make sure I gave it the necessary time to properly review.

It still wasn't a great article.

Red herring? Lol. Who mentioned covid killing more Americans than WW2? Wasn't me.

I have explained it multiple times. The threat from covid doesn't require a level of civic duty or sacrifice of personal freedoms to that level like the author's example of WW2. The threat level isn't similar.
Who mentioned (non-American) jews? Wasn't me.

I think you're actually arguing against the point you want to make. If the threat level isn't similar (I assume you mean Covid is less threatening), then the sacrifice is less, so why has there been so much resistance in the last year? On the individual level, what have we been asked to sacrifice? Convenience? Pleasure?

To make sure I didn't miss anything. I realize you don't get past headlines and only read at a 2nd grade level. But reading it twice wasn't that much of an investment in time and the OP said it was a really good read....so I wanted to make sure I gave it the necessary time to properly review.

It still wasn't a great article.
Yeah that's it . You read a ton and still have a shocking lack of general knowledge. You actually put a lot of detail into that answer. Here's the likley truth. You didn't read it at all when you answered the first time . Then you got called out and did read it once. And you already had a negative review so you had to stay with that and then you claim , It 'STILL" wasn't a great article , as if sometimes an article will ger a lot better the second time around lol . To make sure you didnt miss anything? lmao Funny stuff . Yes for a guy like you who claims he's smarter than most"{ He actually said that} I'm sure you blew through the second reading in seconds flat . Necessary time to properly review? As if it was an important project. Again thanks for the laughs. I mean you took that much time to review a piece that someone posted , yet you have NEVER posted a link to an article yourself in the years you've been here? Yes you don't read anything because you think for yourself and already have all the answers. LOL .

A lot more normal than last year . That's a start. I do wish more would get the vaccine. If so we could reach Herd immunity and there would be NO restrictions anywhere. There is time , it's a fluid situation and I think if not full capacity it will be much better than last year. Full season, some longer travel will be permitted for more programs and by play off time there should be closer to full stadiums

Remember: we are all just fans. I know many people that went to Pukeye University and they are super nice people. I also know many people that went to "THE" Michigan University and they are super nice people. It's a bitter rivalry, but it is good for college football and hopefully soon it will be a more even rivalry. I may not like them during the game, but after, it's all good. That's life. But I do appreciate you agreeing with me and admitting it. Class, I like that!! Enjoy your upcoming HS and college football season.
All in good fun! Hope you have a great fall sports season too.

Regardless of the thread...I still hate TTUN!
You are allowed to hate "THE" Michigan Wolverines. Winningest program in college football history. One of the top 5 academic universities in the country. Very high academic standards to even get into the University, unlike Pukeye University. I can understand why you would hate. It's all good though. Go Blue. But I would prefer to keep the posts about the thread and capacity for the upcoming HS football season. Hoping it will be 100% capacity. Have a good rest of your evening.

Who mentioned (non-American) jews? Wasn't me.
After you brought up the comparison to WW2 deaths.
I think you're actually arguing against the point you want to make. If the threat level isn't similar (I assume you mean Covid is less threatening), then the sacrifice is less, so why has there been so much resistance in the last year? On the individual level, what have we been asked to sacrifice? Convenience? Pleasure?
The resistance has been because people realized the risk from the virus wasn't as great as all the restrictions being placed on the population. It's not real hard.

You are allowed to hate "THE" Michigan Wolverines. Winningest program in college football history. One of the top 5 academic universities in the country. Very high academic standards to even get into the University, unlike Pukeye University. I can understand why you would hate. It's all good though. Go Blue. But I would prefer to keep the posts about the thread and capacity for the upcoming HS football season. Hoping it will be 100% capacity. Have a good rest of your evening.
Liar

Lol. Touche.....all good...still hate em!

Raise your hand if you’ve ever been asked if you have the flu vaccine.... me either. Why? Because the media doesn’t tell you to care about the flu. At this point Covid = flu. The sooner everyone realizes that the better.
No. Not at all. The bottom line:

Calling OSU (Pukeyes), is not the same as calling a person a liar. You calling Michigan (TTUN) is my version of calling OSU (the Pukeyes). You dislike Michigan, I dislike OSU. Big deal. Calling me a liar, that is classy. As long as it makes you feel better, that's all that matters. Have a nice day.
I’ve never called Michigan TTUN, democrat

Everything should be at 100% NOW. Texas has been open for 2 months and their cases keep dropping. They have less cases per 100K then Ohio. NO MASKS for two months!!! When the experts were saying Texas would have more cases a day the the rest of the country combined!!!