100,000 cases of coronavirus already in Ohio

I don’t know what to tell you. You seem to pay more attention to the CDC and incessantly quibble over them more than perhaps anyone else on the forum. Directing your anger at other posters does nothing. I clearly don’t make the recommendations, and as already mentioned, don’t buy everything they’re selling either.

As far as the kids are concerned, the ones in our community get more wound up with anxiety over active-shooter drills than wearing a damn mask. In case you missed it, another school shooting today. Oh, and a military trainee hijacked an elementary school bus in SC as well. One of these things will end, while the other will inevitably continue.
You’re full of hyperbole today

FFS. If you’re going to insert yourself in a conversation, at least attempt to understand context. I was sharing my caveat with Zeeman. No one claimed it was a high percentage event.
You got your doors blown off today, pick yourself up, and come back tomorrow with a better attitude.

There are quite a few years where the Flu vaccine has ZERO effectiveness against the particular strain that is prevalent that year.

Two of the three COVID vaccine's formats have NEVER been FDA cleared for any virus in the US, or I believe, worldwide.

That is why there is hesitancy and concern about them.

You're also mixing in FDA approval, and FDA Emergency Use Approval as if they are one and the same. They are not.

Also, the CDC does not "approve" anything. The FDA does that.
I believe “authorization” is the word you meant for the bold, unless I’m misunderstanding you.

1620389108469.png

Everyone can decide who the Lucy and Charlie Brown represent on their own.....

Shouldn't be too hard ;)

"
Look at the facts: About 57 percent of adults are vaccinated and approximately half of unvaccinated people have natural immunity from prior infection. That’s why US cases have been plummeting, down 31 percent over the past 18 days.

To put things in context, during the mildest flu season in the last eight years, there were 24 million cases, according to the Centers for Disease Control, and approximately 447,000 daily cases during its peak week. By comparison, we’re averaging 49,641 daily COVID cases. That same mild flu season resulted in 280,000 hospitalizations. By comparison, current COVID hospitalizations as of May 1 are 34,905.

Let me be clear: COVID is not the flu, and we should not downplay the risk among susceptible people. But for the millions of Americans who are immune and live where the cases are low, the public-health threat is now defanged and below seasonal-flu levels. Given the harm of social isolation, we need to abandon the goal of absolute risk elimination at all cost."

https://nypost.com/2021/05/04/dont-buy-the-fearmongering-the-covid-19-threat-is-ending/

"
Look at the facts: About 57 percent of adults are vaccinated and approximately half of unvaccinated people have natural immunity from prior infection. That’s why US cases have been plummeting, down 31 percent over the past 18 days.

To put things in context, during the mildest flu season in the last eight years, there were 24 million cases, according to the Centers for Disease Control, and approximately 447,000 daily cases during its peak week. By comparison, we’re averaging 49,641 daily COVID cases. That same mild flu season resulted in 280,000 hospitalizations. By comparison, current COVID hospitalizations as of May 1 are 34,905.

Let me be clear: COVID is not the flu, and we should not downplay the risk among susceptible people. But for the millions of Americans who are immune and live where the cases are low, the public-health threat is now defanged and below seasonal-flu levels. Given the harm of social isolation, we need to abandon the goal of absolute risk elimination at all cost."

https://nypost.com/2021/05/04/dont-buy-the-fearmongering-the-covid-19-threat-is-ending/
Open up the damn State. We can always reverse if need be.