CBC 2021. (Central Buckeye Conference)

Nope, pretty tight lipped at the school, but names should be circulating after today. Community Panel, School Admin & Players will be sitting in on interviews this afternoon.

I understand that they want to narrow it down to the final 2 and do final interviews next week. I would guess that the new coach will be announced at the next board meeting on 5/10
That's great news.

Maybe take into consideration what the former coach taught and what openings Alder has for teaching?
Yeah great point. He taught science, and you don't see football coaches doing that much. So, you can assume that they may not have openings and the new coach might teach elsewhere. This makes sense for Cutler at Ready.

The JA thread says Cutler is out of the running. Crager, a Pick C assistant, and Cotter are the top 3. Again ... this is from the JA threat

Question for the thread ... being that the CBC is smaller schools (not Dublin, Hilliard, Westerville, Olentangy) maybe this info would be known ... any word on Assistant Coach hires within the league? A few new HC, but anyone know of any up and coming assists that have come in as well?

The JA thread says Cutler is out of the running. Crager, a Pick C assistant, and Cotter are the top 3. Again ... this is from the JA threat
Crager would be a phenomenal hire! 15+ seasons successfully calling the D at Coffman. I wonder if he would have anyone else with him since the Coffman staff turnover.

I know we are still awaiting a HC decision at JA ... BUT... most of the CBC jobs are filled. What is everyone's thoughts on standings for next season? How the the conference unfold, predictions for records and conference champs?

call me crazy but i like Shawnee in the Kenton Trail.

Mad River is a crapshoot, but i’ll take North Union.

I know we are still awaiting a HC decision at JA ... BUT... most of the CBC jobs are filled. What is everyone's thoughts on standings for next season? How the the conference unfold, predictions for records and conference champs?
The Kenton Trail runs through JA/ London. I don't see Shawnee with the horses this year. Meeks always has the guys ready to play no doubt but I'll ride with London.
Mad River is very interesting this year with two teams I think can win it. Indian Lake returns the most offensively and has a pretty nice QB. North Union has only lost once in Mad River play since joining the league per cbcsportsonline.com ......I'll ride with NU in a MR sweep with a close game vs IL

Kenton Trail will come down to the Shawnee and London (Alder lost a ton). Mad River will come down to North Union and Indian Lake.

Bellefontaine played a lot of young guys last year. That current freshman class is something special. I believe they're a year away from competing for the KTD title, but I think we will see them upset a few teams this year. I like the Shawnee pick and think Griffin, as a junior, will win POTY.

MRD is between North Union and Indian Lake. Both teams return a slew of talent.

Bellefontaine played a lot of young guys last year. That current freshman class is something special. I believe they're a year away from competing for the KTD title, but I think we will see them upset a few teams this year. I like the Shawnee pick and think Griffin, as a junior, will win POTY.

MRD is between North Union and Indian Lake. Both teams return a slew of talent.
I like the Mercer kid for POTY. Plays both ways. Needs more receptions at of the back field to make it happen IMO. Started/played defense as a freshman I think,

There is always a lot of talk of the team that is thought to win, who is at the bottom of each division though?
Urbana in the Mad River and Kenton Ridge in the Kenton Trail. Never did like those cougars anyway. ROTFLMAO! And Urbana should bounce back, but who knows.

Why do you say that? What is holding Urbana back?

Also, Bellefontaine ... Does it have to be that late or can those kids pull it together and make moves sooner?
Urbana's numbers have been on the consistent decline. The varsity squad was majority freshman and sophomores I believe. Potential for something if those kids stick together but there has been class after class lacking talent.

I think they missed on an opportunity to get a new coach this year. Even if their struggles aren’t Cotners fault, he is obviously not enough of a personality to get the numbers up.

Why do you say that? What is holding Urbana back?

Also, Bellefontaine ... Does it have to be that late or can those kids pull it together and make moves sooner?

Tough for Sophomores to lead a team to major success. That's why I think they're a year out. An upset or 2 this year, but a year away from being serious contenders.

Going to put my chips in on London to win the KT and Indian Lake takes the Mad River.

Alder, North Union and Shawnee should be in the mix but each of these teams have some question marks on who will step into key spots.

I like the Mercer kid for POTY. Plays both ways. Needs more receptions at of the back field to make it happen IMO. Started/played defense as a freshman I think,
The biggest question mark with Mercer is his attitude. I always worry he is going to get too hyped and get ejected from a game.

Apologists say too hyped.
Realist say undisciplined.

Worrying about a kid getting ejected is a sad state of affairs.
undisciplined is a better term but it’s a real thing. i’ve had to worry about players getting ejected while i watched games before. then again, probably a lot more ejections in Clark County than Mercer/Auglaize county i would guess.