WBL Openings

Rahiem

Three schools now looking for coaches. Where do schools turn in this time “late” in the game

sounds like St. Marys will stay in house as its Mark Yahl or Bo Frye who will likely have the job unless theres an unknown wildcard out there

Defiance has a previous HC on staff, does he want the job?

Kenton is now open, Ben Mauk has interviewed at Minster, does he want to return to the homeland of Hardin County?

heres a name for Defiance and Kenton to keep an eye on... Mike Fell. Recently was replaced in Arizona, does he want to return home? Put a clause in his deal for free Fat Jacks and you may have your next guy.

who fills these gigs??

heres a name for Defiance and Kenton to keep an eye on... Mike Fell. Recently was replaced in Arizona, does he want to return home? Put a clause in his deal for free Fat Jacks and you may have your next guy.
You'd have to pay Fell more than any school in this area could dream of for a football coach to lure him out of retirement in Arizona

Three schools now looking for coaches. Where do schools turn in this time “late” in the game

sounds like St. Marys will stay in house as its Mark Yahl or Bo Frye who will likely have the job unless theres an unknown wildcard out there

Kenton is now open, Ben Mauk has interviewed at Minster, does he want to return to the homeland of Hardin County?

who fills these gigs??
I have talked to some people with ties to the Kenton program and there are 4 names I keep hearing. Obviously Ben Mauk gets mentioned but me personally I do not think that will happen for a few reasons. And then the rest are current assistants, the OC Bill Lawrence and the QB coach Zack Turner are the most brought up. The other one, which seems unlikely because he is young is Fackler's son. I always thought he would eventually take over but that is because I assumed Fackler would go a few more years.

One person I talked to said it is probably a 50/50 chance whether its Lawrence or Turner.

I have talked to some people with ties to the Kenton program and there are 4 names I keep hearing. Obviously Ben Mauk gets mentioned but me personally I do not think that will happen for a few reasons. And then the rest are current assistants, the OC Bill Lawrence and the QB coach Zack Turner are the most brought up.

One person I talked to said it is probably a 50/50 chance whether its Lawrence or Turner.

Turner has received a couple interviews this offseason, hes seen as an up and comer who will get a shot somewhere in the next year or so. Id say hes for sure in play at Kenton

who fills these gigs??

That's a clause that would be difficult to turn down. If not Fat Jacks then Rigali's.

8B316BA5-9A16-42A5-94A7-36785B23B0A7.jpeg

Defiance and Kenton still nothing official.

Defiance is a wild card. I assume the coach on staff with previous HC experience is the front runner, anyone else?

Kenton I have heard comes down to Turner and Mauk at the end of process. Gut feeling says Mauk but have been wrong before.

Defiance and Kenton still nothing official.

Defiance is a wild card. I assume the coach on staff with previous HC experience is the front runner, anyone else?

Kenton I have heard comes down to Turner and Mauk at the end of process. Gut feeling says Mauk but have been wrong before.
There is no decision in Kenton, other than from Ben.

He wants it, he gets it.
No questions asked.

Let's hope he instills more discipline than his daddy....

He's on the Kenton staff. Those other questions would be best answered by Kenton supporters on here
I haven't been around as much lately but the kids have always seemed to like Turner. He played at Kenton and has been on staff for about 10 years I would say, I know he left for a year or two to coach at Bluffton U. He is a younger guy, my guess would be somewhere between 33-35, and from what I have seen in the past he has a lot of emotion and energy which can be a positive and a negative. The more I hear the more I believe he will be the guy.

Heard the Defiance School board to vote Wednesday on the new head coach. In related news, Coach Kline takes no time off and takes the reins at Marion Pleasant.

Interesting. Lots of turnover in the WBL. So who's been there a long time?

Schriner has 25 years at OG, Recker has 10 at VW, Moyer has 9 at Wapak and Bader 5 at Celina.

Newish programs...
Bath - 2
Defiance - 0
Elida - 1
Kenton - 0
Memorial - 0 or 20, depends on how you look at it.
Shawnee - 3 but he was at Bath for maybe 7-8 years?

That's a lot I'd say.

I know some of these coaches have been elsewhere, but this is a WBL thread and I'm only interested at how long they have been in their current situation.