Jonathan Alder Coaching Search

QUOTE="BlackAttack, post: 7995339, member: 27745"]
Here's the names from yesterday, not sure if these are truly the final 4 or not but this is who met with the panel.

Morgan Cotter
Joel Cutler
Shawn Hinkle
Mark Wilson

If anyone has any insight on Wilson, I would be interested to hear, not sure where he's coached in Ohio
[/QUOTE]
Is he the DC at Ben Logan?

QUOTE="BlackAttack, post: 7995339, member: 27745"]
Here's the names from yesterday, not sure if these are truly the final 4 or not but this is who met with the panel.

Morgan Cotter
Joel Cutler
Shawn Hinkle
Mark Wilson

If anyone has any insight on Wilson, I would be interested to hear, not sure where he's coached in Ohio
Is he the DC at Ben Logan?
[/QUOTE]
No, he was from West Virginia

WV high school football is worlds different than OH’s. Nothing against him but, Alder would play for AA state title about 80% of the time easily if they were in WV.

WV high school football is worlds different than OH’s. Nothing against him but, Alder would play for AA state title about 80% of the time easily if they were in WV.

There's a talent difference. That doesn't mean a coach from WV can't come to Ohio and have success. I fail to see what the caliber of football between the two states has to do with ability to coach.

There's a talent difference. That doesn't mean a coach from WV can't come to Ohio and have success. I fail to see what the caliber of football between the two states has to do with ability to coach.
I totally agree with you. Now comparing apples to oranges...Isn't Nick Saben from WV?...just say'n

Comparing states and coaching ability is silly. Will someone from that far away be able to ramp up his program from that far away in a short amount of time is another question.

Both Cutler brothers have withdrawn their names from consideration. Seems to be down to 3... Cotter, Crager, and a Pick asst. It also sounds like JA is okay with the HC not being in the building.

Both Cutler brothers have withdrawn their names from consideration. Seems to be down to 3... Cotter, Crager, and a Pick asst. It also sounds like JA is okay with the HC not being in the building.

FWIW, and I know he struggled years ago in his HC position at West Jeff , but Crager would be a good choice here . He built a very good defense at Coffman that recently went 35+ games not giving up 30 points and had multiple years of very stingy defenses { deeper dive showed his second half adjustments over the years were pretty solid} . Built a solid strength and conditioning program at Coffman after taking it over a few years back. Don't know who the Pick is and I respect Cotter who would also be a fine choice . When did Morgan last coach ?

Wow, surprised at that. Cotter seems like a fine choice. Teaches science and have an opening.

No way Crager could leave teaching at Dublin. When is the board meeting? Monday? All 3 seem like quality choices.

Jonathan Alder has to be a top 5 D2-7 job in central OH?
It is just tough for assistant coaches at the Suburban schools making 100k to teach to leave.

From what I am hearing, JA is not pushing for the next HC to be in the building. Cotter is at Fairbanks and all of his connections are at FB, Marysville, or OWU (easy drive to JA and actually makes more $ at FB) and Crager has a short drive as well (probably would not leave his salary in Dublin). I believe that is why Joel Cutler withdrew his name (Big money at UA and already drives to Ready to coach).

g
Announcement coming soon (I believe today?)- you guys are getting a hell of a bright young coach!
If it's being announced today , why not provide a name if you are sure who it is and how young that person is lol? I am sure evetyone involved has been told what the sitaution is .

Lol, anything else Harry- you want his credentials, blood type, kids names? I think it will be announced today- heard it’s the PNorth Asst

Lol, anything else Harry- you want his credentials, blood type, kids names? I think it will be announced today- heard it’s the PNorth Asst
Pick North assistant? That program has been average for far too long with elite talent. I would say no thanks.

After ol Jimmy football left, I’d agree with you, but they must be doing something right- their assts keep getting head jobs ??‍♂️

Last edited:
Pick North assistant? That program has been average for far too long with elite talent. I would say no thanks.
I don't think they've been average, but yes they have underperformed at times. Haven't had nearly the same numbers go out as district rival Central , so I am not sure the coaching staff is fully to blame for that really. They have had a nice number of top end kids no question .BUT lack of depth can be an issue and it isnt as if they are stacked like PC has been . Plenty of talent over there , the most of any district hands down . Central has seemd to simply have greater numbers and a better second tier player than North has had. PC has never had any issue with fielding a Frosh team like North has had for instance.

I don't think they've been average, but yes they have underperformed at times. Haven't had nearly the same numbers go out as district rival Central , so I am not sure the coaching staff is fully to blame for that really. They have had a nice number of top end kids no question .BUT lack of depth can be an issue and it isnt as if they are stacked like PC has been . Plenty of talent over there , the most of any district hands down . Central has seemd to simply have greater numbers and a better second tier player than North has had. PC has never had any issue with fielding a Frosh team like North has had for instance.
AH yes, the number 1 recruit in the country should mean something.

This year- they had no business getting beat by New Albany, absolutely none. A lot of discipline needs instilled in that program.

AH yes, the number 1 recruit in the country should mean something.

This year- they had no business getting beat by New Albany, absolutely none. A lot of discipline needs instilled in that program.
I agree with you there. But Harry is right- they will always have a few individual studs, but lack the depth and big bodies to beat a central or win r3. They can play with anyone or get smacked by anyone as seen.
But their coordinator Coach Snedeker (sp?) was a nice up and coming coach for em. If it’s true it’s him- he will be fine at JA

#1 recruit did not play this season??? Went 6-2... losses being to Pick Central (non league) & New Albany in the regional qrt finals (they beat them in the regular season). Did PN have a D1 player this year... probably over achieved? In the past they have definitely had some high level talent. Usually play one of the tougher schedules in central Ohio. Has to be difficult to keep consistency when replacing assistants every year.

JA has been a machine the last decade. P.North asst. is going into a good situation. The coach must live on the West Side of Cbus. Hartley going to be moving down to D4 so shouldn't have to see JA.

#1 recruit did not play this season??? Went 6-2... losses being to Pick Central (non league) & New Albany in the regional qrt finals (they beat them in the regular season). Did PN have a D1 player this year... probably over achieved? In the past they have definitely had some high level talent. Usually play one of the tougher schedules in central Ohio. Has to be difficult to keep consistency when replacing assistants every year.

JA has been a machine the last decade. P.North asst. is going into a good situation. The coach must live on the West Side of Cbus. Hartley going to be moving down to D4 so shouldn't have to see JA.
2019, he played, and they were not very good. They actually had multiple D1 kids that year. I remember watching them get pounded by Northmont at their place. It was embarrassing.