La Salle schedules national powerhouse IMG Academy WK. 3!

Barring any covid restrictions......THIS will be the game to catch this year in Southern Ohio. Not to mention the lancers 2021 schedule as a whole is an absolute death march.

I looked at La Salle's schedule. Is there a tougher one in the country?
I would rival it as a top 10 strength of schedule in the entire country. There are those teams that only play on a National Schedule such as IMG and Bishop Gorman (NV). I would venture to say they have the "toughest". Being a 12 team playoff format, La Salle wins 3 games and they have a chance to get in week 11.

I would rival it as a top 10 strength of schedule in the entire country. There are those teams that only play on a National Schedule such as IMG and Bishop Gorman (NV). I would venture to say they have the "toughest". Being a 12 team playoff format, La Salle wins 3 games and they have a chance to get in week 11.
Lasalle will make the playoffs. I got them going 7-3

I give them props. And honestly, I'm not a big fan of expanding to 12 and now 16 teams for the playoffs but it does allow you scheduling freedom. How many teams will use this to schedule tougher opponents? Not only does it put them up against the best in the country but I'm sure plenty of college coaches will tune in as well.

One thing for sure and that is IMG recruits better than any high school team in the nation.
(High school team is what they are called so I will go with that.)

At the moment it is scheduled to be in Lancer Stadium...
Gotta think UC stadium will be looked at as a potential site. Maybe ESPNU game? Of course IMG has their power 5 guys but I know La Salle has some dudes that can play. I'll take a shot in the dark here
IMG- 42
La Salle- 21

This has the chance to be a bloodbath. Every guy on IMG is going to play in college at some level. LaSalle is a good team, but not that good. I got 56-14.

Gotta think UC stadium will be looked at as a potential site. Maybe ESPNU game? Of course IMG has their power 5 guys but I know La Salle has some dudes that can play. I'll take a shot in the dark here
IMG- 42
La Salle- 21

Lasalle lost a ton from last year. They do have 5 star RB Gi'Bran Payne back and 3 key starters on the offensive line. They lost their QB, and that entire D1 talented secondary and their LB that transferred over from Centerville is gone. Lasalle will be pretty good, but they would have had a better chance at competing against IMG last season. This will be a 28+ differential and could be more if IMG wants to make a statement, because Ohio is so well known for football.

IMG- 42
La Salle- 21

That would take the home field away, one of the only advantages Lasalle has. Lasalle has a small stadium with a typical GCL student section making a lot of noise in the endzone bleachers. They should keep the game at Lasalle. IMG will not bring a big crowd so there will be plenty of room on the visitor sidelines for neutral fans to go watch if they want.

That would take the home field away, one of the only advantages Lasalle has. Lasalle has a small stadium with a typical GCL student section making a lot of noise in the endzone bleachers. They should keep the game at Lasalle. IMG will not bring a big crowd so there will be plenty of room on the visitor sidelines for neutral fans to go watch if they want.

Agree.

For LaSalle, I commend them for scheduling a very difficult opponent. For IMG, a good way to expose potential SWO blue-chippers to an even higher level of football than anything an area HS can offer.

LS came out of nowhere to have one of the best Ohio HS teams in the past decade in 2015. I'd LOVE to have seen that team go up against a team of IMG's caliber. Hopefully this team will surprise given their big losses. Mclaughlin has shown he cam do very well when he has a QB that can throw and we may have just that.

I don't see any way in hell LS pulls this out but it makes for a very entertaining and high profile week. I'll guess an IMG win 43-14.

LS came out of nowhere to have one of the best Ohio HS teams in the past decade in 2015. I'd LOVE to have seen that team go up against a team of IMG's caliber.

Maybe for Division 2? 2014 they had 1 loss to St. Xavier and 2015 they had losses to both St. Xavier and Elder. While Lasalle has had some very good teams, best team of the decade is an extreme stretch especially given they had losses in those years.

IMG is a different beast but LaSalle is as good as they come. IF they have some athletes on the corners this could be closer than people think.

I think the GCL toughness factor will help them. In the end, not enough for the true All-Star team of America

IMG 45
LaSalle 28

Props to LaSalle but I really wish X was playing this game. X will be absolutely loaded this year and IMO could compete with IMG.

I’d really like to see schools refuse to schedule all star teams like IMG. It’s tough for a regular high school team to compete. IMG actively recruits kids from around the country and I know they’ve rubbed many an opposing coach the wrong way.

I’ve heard it mentioned earlier that LaSalle would have competed better last year. This seems to be the m.o. for IMG. They did the same thing with Duncanville last year. They were still very good, but they graduated some key pieces to their two-time state runner up teams, including their all world QB.