Beachwood head coach job

Not a high priority for this District, football is very low on the totem poll for these folks. The sad thing is they could be a successful program as the demographics and housing situation are perfect for to compete in Div V but the powers to be just don't care about any sports it seems.
truly is. They could be a really good program if they wanted to be one

truly is. They could be a really good program if they wanted to be one
Just curious, what is the relationship between good football program and housing situation? Are you implying lots of rental properties? If so that seems to indicate a push for transfers or football specific short term housing. That seems to be a short cut in program building. As a school district, they are among the highest ranked in the state. I would think that would be the priority of the school district, not taking short cuts to win football titles.

Just curious, what is the relationship between good football program and housing situation? Are you implying lots of rental properties? If so that seems to indicate a push for transfers or football specific short term housing. That seems to be a short cut in program building. As a school district, they are among the highest ranked in the state. I would think that would be the priority of the school district, not taking short cuts to win football titles.

Come on man, you are a veteran Yappi poster. You know exactly what is implied by that comment.

Come on man, you are a veteran Yappi poster. You know exactly what is implied by that comment.
Yes I do especially coming from a private school guy like Auggie. It’s just amazing to me to see a highly successful academic setting like Beachwood being criticized for not compromising standards for athletics. But I’m not surprised coming from Auggie.

im not talking about taking short cuts or anything like that. I feel like they have never been committed to building a great program. They are a great school district, that right builds a foundation to be built upon because ppl will raise family in the district but it should also draw in a student base for just HS grades. They always have talented kids on the team, they have very good winter and spring
athlete teams (basketball, wrestling, track) but football can never seem to build anything. they are not a train wreck of a program but they should be better

Yes I do especially coming from a private school guy like Auggie. It’s just amazing to me to see a highly successful academic setting like Beachwood being criticized for not compromising standards for athletics. But I’m not surprised coming from Auggie.

I'm not surprised these dopey takes come from you, obviously you are ignorant about this situation. Not transfers but for lower income housing for families of kids looking to leave Cleveland, not all are athletes but some are. They are just looking for a better life and I applaud them if they are figuring out a way to do this.

I happen to know this place very well and it really is a story of multiple communities; the one thing it is not is this highly affluent 'burb made up of primarily Reformed Jewish families that everyone thinks it is. At one time it was but they have left for Pepper Pike, Moreland Hills, North Solon, and parts further east. There is now a mish mash of folks living there with the dominate community driving the academic scores being southern Asians who like the schools and don't mind the dated '70s housing stock. You also have a ton of Orthodox Jews moving into the Green Rd corridor, they want nothing to do with the schools and are helping drive down enrollment figures in the District by attending Orthodox schools. Then you have the rental properties along Chagrin Blvd and southern Beachwood. This is the group that is leaving Cleveland for a better life and school for their kids. Did you know the previous Head Coach ran into trouble for residency issues with some of the key football players? Bet you didn't know there was group of these families that backed him and pressured the board into reinstating Creal to this gig only for him to leave them high and dry.

To sum things up there is no compromising standards for athletics, the moves in are coming regardless and their families want winning football teams if their kids play the game. If they don't get their way the below scene will be more common in the future>

5cd5aba4c3692.image.jpg

Last edited:
OC from last year was offered the job and turned it down. District wouldn’t give a teaching position. One of the other coaches on the staff from last season seems to be taking over the program for this year at least. He has been running their weight room for a few weeks already

OC from last year was offered the job and turned it down. District wouldn’t give a teaching position. One of the other coaches on the staff from last season seems to be taking over the program for this year at least. He has been running their weight room for a few weeks already
Does that mean they just started offseason workouts a few weeks ago? That would be disastrous for the upcoming season...not that they they needed more obstacles for the upcoming season!

The thing is there aren’t any teaching openings at all in Beachwood. Go look at their AppliTrack/ Frontline program and there are none as of this morning. It’s pretty bleak across the rest of the Metro area - about half the postings you see for a teaching slot are internal only. From what I have heard even CMSD isn’t planning on a big round of hiring. I imagine we will see more non teacher HCs because of this. With Beachwood and Lutheran East without HCs I wonder how many kids from last year’s team end up at Shaker, Cle Heights, VASJ, Warrensville, or Glenville?

I’ll bet more than a few end up at VASJ. Don’t forget Rotsky has deep ties in Beachwood. Any talented players have opportunity to go to Viking Tech.

Makes zero sense
It might make sense only in the POV that they don’t have a teaching spot or administrative spot available. I believe he was an assistant at Miami.

It’s a weird set of years in the area. Supposedly a massive teacher shortage, yet there are almost no teaching openings. I believe this will lead to way more lay coaches the next few years and down the road a switch more towards the European soccer academy system for all sports.

Last edited:
It might make sense only in the POV that they don’t have a teaching spot or administrative spot available. I believe he was an assistant at Miami.

It’s a weird set of years in the area. Supposedly a massive teacher shortage, yet there are almost no teaching openings. I believe this will lead to way more lay coaches the next few years and down the road a switch more towards the European soccer academy system for all sports.
This is definitely the enigmatic part of this year. Every district is facing a need for more teachers, but no one is hiring. I don't know if it is due to budgetary uncertainty or expected growth in online learning, but it is definitely going to be a hinderance on hiring good coaches/teachers.

It's May 17, 2021

Did Beachwood hired a new Head Football Coach???

Who is Van Monroe??

:unsure: ;) :p :cool: :D

This is IUDOGS signing off.

It's May 17, 2021

Did Beachwood hired a new Head Football Coach???

Who is Van Monroe??

:unsure: ;) :p :cool: :D

This is IUDOGS signing off.
Apparently, he is their middle school art teacher and was part of their middle school staff last year. I heard that he attended and played and/or coached at Miami of Ohio. With less than 100 days till the season begins I imagine we will see systems/ schemes similar to what Creel ran to ease the transition. Good luck to the guy, unless he is bringing back the staff that decided to stay at Beachwood, it will be difficult to put a staff together at this time. I imagine Beachwood and Lutheran East are in the same boat of hoping to keep the core of their teams intact and not transferring out. It will be hard, unless both schools' HCs are lights out, to go past 4-6 or 5-5. kind of sad as both LE and Beachwood would have been in the hunt for a seed higher than #12 or completely out of this playoffs based on last season's performances. Any idea who LE has hired?

Looking at their Arbiter page, Beachwood has cancelled 3 games. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Apparently, he is their middle school art teacher and was part of their middle school staff last year. I heard that he attended and played and/or coached at Miami of Ohio. With less than 100 days till the season begins I imagine we will see systems/ schemes similar to what Creel ran to ease the transition. Good luck to the guy, unless he is bringing back the staff that decided to stay at Beachwood, it will be difficult to put a staff together at this time. I imagine Beachwood and Lutheran East are in the same boat of hoping to keep the core of their teams intact and not transferring out. It will be hard, unless both schools' HCs are lights out, to go past 4-6 or 5-5. kind of sad as both LE and Beachwood would have been in the hunt for a seed higher than #12 or completely out of this playoffs based on last season's performances. Any idea who LE has hired?
LE Hired DeSean Washington formerly of Warrensville Heights

Looking at their Arbiter page, Beachwood has cancelled 3 games. Does anyone know what might be going on?
Did they lose another boatload of kids to Massillon again like last year? Maybe they're coming up a little shy on having enough players to field a team.

Did they lose another boatload of kids to Massillon again like last year? Maybe they're coming up a little shy on having enough players to field a team.
All of Creels kids left. Only ones left are true Beachwood kids. Heard there were low numbers in weightroom before HC was hired

I hearing from a reliable source they’re throwing in the Towel this season.
If true...this is completely unacceptable. I would hope every student athlete who plays football transfers and hopefully they qualify for an exemption so they can play right away. Embarrassing for this school district.

If they don’t play this season, they should be kicked out of conference. If you can’t field a team in biggest sport, you don’t belong.