Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jr., left tackle from Versailles, Taran Tyo just broke long time Versailles discus record set by David Hoelscher, ex Washington Redskin player.
Impressive.
I was never coordinated enough for the disc. Shot, yeah I did that pretty well.
Hated track meets though. Shot/Disc and then the 4x400M relay. First, and last, events of the meet!

But anyways. That is awesome!

Impressive.
Hated track meets though. Shot/Disc and then the 4x400M relay. First, and last, events of the meet!

is this Jim Lachey? wait he was in the 4x100

Impressive.

ok , how far was your throw? and how could hate track meets? a whole day of hitting on other schools women?

ok , how far was your throw? and how could hate track meets? a whole day of hitting on other schools women?
Dude. Geesh.
My bad.
I was thinking of Hartings as I recall SH having a great relay team with BObby and the boys.

My throw? Cannot recall, but I was always in the top couple. It was only JH though. WHen the HS coach started to bring up the frosh year I think I broke his heart when I told him I was a baseball guy and no way am I going out for track in HS!

I seem to recall Jim Lachey winning both the 100 and the shot put at the MAC meet one year.

Quite the unusual double.

I seem to recall Jim Lachey winning both the 100 and the shot put at the MAC meet one year.

Quite the unusual double.
not sure if he won the 100... but probably placed....the Skins 4x100 team might have won which he was a part of...

also threw Discus.... so probably didn't compete in the 100
He definitely ran the 100 and he also ran the 200. As Insane92 stated he was a freak, was clocked at 4.6 in the 40 while at Ohio State guys his size just didn't do that back then and still don't do it that frequently today.

Athletes change events from meet to meet. It’s possible he participated in all the listed events at one time or another, but you can only do four per meet. The only event he ever placed in at state was the shot put, where he finished 3rd in 1980.

4-0 Versailles's baseball vs. 3-0 Coldwater baseball tonight.
I imagine Versailles will pitch Jr. Ben Ruenkamp.
Any idea who Coldwater is pitching?

OHSAA just went to 16 playoff teams per division in football starting this year.

Does the discussion now change from who is getting in the playoffs to who is getting left out?

OHSAA just went to 16 playoff teams per division in football starting this year.

Does the discussion now change from who is getting in the playoffs to who is getting left out?
Not a fan of this.

They really needed to let this 12 team go for a bit. I was OK with 12 as I do believe too many 7-9 win teams were left out as you can only do so much with your schedule.

This gave those on the cusp a shot to prove they belonged.

5-12
6-11
7-10
8-9...
I think we see some legit upsets there and those who were getting left out could prove their worth.

Now 16? Eh.

I did a study, posted on Yappi, this winter about the % of making it (since they went 7 divisions) for each record based on the top 12. The Top 12 really did include everyone who deserved it.

Top 12 would have produced better 1st round games. But OHSAA doesn't care about that, top 16 better meets their agenda.
$$$
Personally, I believe a number of fans from the schools 1-4 would go to those first round games that are local.
I know I would.

But that $$ of loser fans like myself would not match those extra 4 games per region...

$$$
Personally, I believe a number of fans from the schools 1-4 would go to those first round games that are local.
I know I would.

But that $$ of loser fans like myself would not match those extra 4 games per region...
So you’re saying there’s a chance.... ???

Not a fan of this.

They really needed to let this 12 team go for a bit. I was OK with 12 as I do believe too many 7-9 win teams were left out as you can only do so much with your schedule.

This gave those on the cusp a shot to prove they belonged.

5-12
6-11
7-10
8-9...
I think we see some legit upsets there and those who were getting left out could prove their worth.

Now 16? Eh.

I did a study, posted on Yappi, this winter about the % of making it (since they went 7 divisions) for each record based on the top 12. The Top 12 really did include everyone who deserved it.

thavoice, you have the same match up whether there are 12 or 16 teams that make the playoffs. All the 16 teams do is to get rid of the bye week.
1 vs bye
2 vs bye
3 vs bye
4 vs bye
5-12
6-11
7-10
8-9

thavoice, you have the same match up whether there are 12 or 16 teams that make the playoffs. All the 16 teams do is to get rid of the bye week.
1 vs bye
2 vs bye
3 vs bye
4 vs bye
5-12
6-11
7-10
8-9
Huh?
16 teams will have 1 vs 16. ,2 vs 15, etc.
1 vs bye
2 vs bye
3 vs bye
4 vs bye
5-12
6-11
7-10
8-9
Very observant.
I'll fire my assistant whom sometimes posts for me.
He made me look bad.

Over/Under Regular Season wins 2021:

2 - DSJ & Parkway
3 - Minster
4 - Ft Recovery
5 - Anna
6 - St Henry
7 - New Bremen & Versailles
8 - Coldwater
9 - MSML

Over/Under Regular Season wins 2021:

2 - DSJ & Parkway
3 - Minster
4 - Ft Recovery
5 - Anna
6 - St Henry
7 - New Bremen & Versailles
8 - Coldwater
9 - MSML
DSJ/Park: Both under. If DSJ beats Parkway, they'll match 2 wins. I think they beat Jefferson.

Minster: Over. They are just young. 5 wins i think is doable

Fort Recovery: Under. Their ceiling could be matching 4 wins. But for now under.

Anna: I think Anna could potentially match 5 wins so I think that's a push.

St Henry: if they dont match 6 wins, then itll be under for them.

New Bremen/ Versailles: Bremen will match 7 wins imo the wild card is the Marion (Indiana) game which could make them under 7. Versailles will be over 7.

Coldwater: Over. 9-1 with a loss to Marion. Still a shame Versailles isnt on the schedule.

Marion Local: Over

Status
Not open for further replies.