The official 2021 Canton McKinley Football discussion

East end zone double-sided video board coming along.
1616394412243.jpeg
1616394412243.jpeg

So Dave, Is the plan to still build permanent stands on the highway side ? Or has this side been re-designed ? I knew that there were going to be 2 scoreboards but also thought there were going to be stands as well.

So Dave, Is the plan to still build permanent stands on the highway side ? Or has this side been re-designed ? I knew that there were going to be 2 scoreboards but also thought there were going to be stands as well.
No more permanent seating will be added at this time. The original plan has been altered and may have a time and place many years from now.

The original plan years ago was to have McKinleys locker room, weight room and coaches facilities at that end of the stadium. But McKinley built there facility in front of the school.

From what I heard there will be a set up like Cleveland stadium ( ball park ) concourse with food venue's with walk around a some tables

From what I heard there will be a set up like Cleveland stadium ( ball park ) concourse with food venue's with walk around a some tables
You are correct there will be the scoreboard with standing room area with some tables to sit at to eat or get drinks. Completely different from original drawings from a few years ago. This route is much cheaper.

You are correct there will be the scoreboard with standing room area with some tables to sit at to eat or get drinks. Completely different from original drawings from a few years ago. This route is much cheaper.
so no stands will be built like the original drawings showed ?

No this plain was brought up during a interview on WHBC a few months ago at least it will clean that end up it will be much cheaper the steal stands an look nice

Can we get a heads up when the 7 on 7 scrimmages start this summer,need to see the boys...BAM!

Damn, I heard the Pick North, Mck and Eds got moved to Eds because of HOF weekend (understandable)! I live in CBus and my nephew plays for North, I was looking to hit up some of my fav Canton spots- TD's grill and Basil lol. Looking forward to seeing McKinley in person

I’ve enjoyed driving to and picking up my sons from MCK high school and watching the jumbotron (is that what they call it?) and the office building go up. It’s impressive! It’s great to go over there in the evening when practices are over, games are getting ready to be played on all the fields, kids are coming out of the training facility, people are heading into the auditorium for long awaited concerts. Very positive bustle of activity. I’m proud of Canton and the Bulldogs. I can’t wait for football (and band) season to start in August, but I want the summer to go nice and slow at the same time. Go Pups!

I’ve enjoyed driving to and picking up my sons from MCK high school and watching the jumbotron (is that what they call it?) and the office building go up. It’s impressive! It’s great to go over there in the evening when practices are over, games are getting ready to be played on all the fields, kids are coming out of the training facility, people are heading into the auditorium for long awaited concerts. Very positive bustle of activity. I’m proud of Canton and the Bulldogs. I can’t wait for football (and band) season to start in August, but I want the summer to go nice and slow at the same time. Go Pups!
There's a lot going on over there.