The Official 2021 Cincinnati Reds Thread

You're such an optimist EP :rolleyes:

I have no idea what Naquin can to long term, but you don't either. Recent Reds who've won spots with production...

Adam Duvall - in 2016, the Reds traded Mike Leake to the Giants for the projected 4th/ 5th outfielder and he responded with 33 home runs, 101 RBI and a spot in the all star game. Followed that up with a good 2017 season, although his numbers really tailed off after the all star break, I think he injured himself in the home run derby.

Scooter Gennett - Scooter came into the 2017 season as a spring training invitee and potential utility man, he hit so well the first month of the season the Reds made him their permanent 2nd baseman, over Jose Peraza. Gennett easily had the two best season's of his career in '17 and '18.
Don’t be stupid. Naquin has already shown us what he is long term. A bench player. It’s great he’s been hot lately though. ??‍♂️

This has been a very fun first week of baseball. Obviously they're probably not going to average double digits throughout the season but I do feel the guys have been more aggressive at the plate while also not giving away free strikes. My big surprise has been how well the pitching's been. I don't know how to explain it but haven't really had that...they better go to the pen before this get's out of control feeling

That’s bs, Winker hit one of those chairs in the outfield. What are those dumb f**ks looking at in NY? That’s terrible, absolutely f’n terrible.

I’m ok with the new Extra Inning Rule. However, I think it would be better if it started in the 12th instead of 10th.

I crashed after the 2nd inning, too old to handle the west games. Glad to see the W when I woke up. Glad to see Amir had a clean inning. If you watched, can you tell me why they pulled Mahle after 4? Was it the walks?

I crashed after the 2nd inning, too old to handle the west games. Glad to see the W when I woke up. Glad to see Amir had a clean inning. If you watched, can you tell me why they pulled Mahle after 4? Was it the walks?
I did not stay up to watch past the first inning. Hopefully he was pulled because of a pitch count and not an injury.

Likely Bell was trying to outthink himself....

Naquin update - now on pace for 115 HR and 324 RBI. It is rare that you hit a solo shot and your RBI projection for the year goes down.
Reds on pace to win 139 games. Call me a Debbie Downer, but I doubt if they will even win 120 games. ;)

Anyway, good start for the Reds! :)

There is a lot to love about a Reds win streak. The best thing might be that it keeps Cramps and Zeeyore from posting.
No it won’t ? Blotto and the Mexican need to be moved way down the lineup or traded for a decent SS. Hitting a combined what and batting 3-4. Can you imagine if Castellanos was batting third instead of the ground ball called third strike king ?? Wish someone had the balls to tell Blotto you’re hurting the team

Held them hitless through 92 pitches, unfortunately that just got him through the 4th. Did not seem to be any indication for pulling him other than pitch count.

It’s just funny that anyone is still into the Reds. Their a list place team and will be for years, it’s like thinking the Bengals will win with Burrow

No it won’t ? Blotto and the Mexican need to be moved way down the lineup or traded for a decent SS. Hitting a combined what and batting 3-4. Can you imagine if Castellanos was batting third instead of the ground ball called third strike king ?? Wish someone had the balls to tell Blotto you’re hurting the team

LOL. Remember when Zeeyore spent days mocking those of us that follow the Reds closely? Claiming he had no interest, yet showing up and posting crap every day? LOL. Sounds like someone is interested in the Reds, and watching. Like we all knew she did. What a clown.

LOL. Remember when Zeeyore spent days mocking those of us that follow the Reds closely? Claiming he had no interest, yet showing up and posting crap every day? LOL. Sounds like someone is interested in the Reds, and watching. Like we all knew she did. What a clown.
Can’t watch, YouTube tv doesn’t carry them, and neither does Blotto or the Mexican. I do check their scores though, so I guess that means I follow them ?

Is it to early to scoreboard watch?
Nah... Cards lose to the Brew Crew. Reds have a chance to expand their lead by a game tonight.