The Official 2021 Cincinnati Reds Thread

You mean like the rest of the team? I can understand not liking the gesture, I’m not a fan, but I don’t see how you can single one player out.
Because he makes a quarter of a billion dollars and he’s not even American, eff him

Well that was ugly, many things went wrong. Castillo, Suarez fielding, Stephenson base running, Senzel injury, etc. 161 to go. Best thing is that the offense was pretty good, against a very good pitcher (Flaherty). Winker, Castellanos, Suarez, Votto, India all contributed. Good ABs throughout the lineup. This team will score this year.

Cracks me up that during the game all of you sit on this thread and complain and whine like cranky old women with sand in their cracks. All of the usual suspects chiming in.

Breathe folks, breathe...the game turned in the first inning on a potential double play ball that turned into 4-5 more runs in the first. Molina was running so if Suarez can get the ball to India, it's a double play.
The Bad - defense, Castillo, Senzel injury
The Good - offense, Castellenos, Winker, India. Bullpen
The Ugly - weather, baserunning error

The Reds seem dead set on Suarez being the everyday shortstop and I'm skeptical. It's been several years since he played short and he was average at best then. I think when you start moving guys around to get another bat in the lineup it's dangerous.

Luis Castillo simply was bad. And let's just hope this is his worst outing of the season. A little bad luck as the DeJong fister that rolled into left and the Suarez error just made the first inning blow up on him.

The Reds is knock around one of the Cardinals best pitchers, so that was encouraging.

Well that was ugly, many things went wrong. Castillo, Suarez fielding, Stephenson base running, Senzel injury, etc. 161 to go. Best thing is that the offense was pretty good, against a very good pitcher (Flaherty). Winker, Castellanos, Suarez, Votto, India all contributed. Good ABs throughout the lineup. This team will score this year.

Cracks me up that during the game all of you sit on this thread and complain and whine like cranky old women with sand in their cracks. All of the usual suspects chiming in.
You’re a usual suspect to dipshyte

As bad as yesterday was, it was 1 game. I remember last yr, they butt f’d Detroit in the 1st game and looked like world beaters. They ended up being average.
You sure do like your homosexual analogies

First of all... I am an old woman and I do have something in my crack so thats that.

You stated that Votto contributed..... you are right, for the Cardinals letting 2 to 3 runs score as he could not scoop up one hoppers that just about all other 1B can do..... that is unless you consider batting .200 contributing but hey he got paid what, about $150,000 for it......

First of all... I am an old woman and I do have something in my crack so thats that.

You stated that Votto contributed..... you are right, for the Cardinals letting 2 to 3 runs score as he could not scoop up one hoppers that just about all other 1B can do..... that is unless you consider batting .200 contributing but hey he got paid what, about $150,000 for it......

Castillo & Stephenson deserve way more blame than Votto.

I like Castellanos playing with fire but he needs to know how to direct that. You can’t get in the face of an opponent. He deserved to get tossed and it probably kept things from escalating. I won’t be shocked if he gets beaned tomorrow and another brawl breaks out.

Before COVID 19 getting tossed was bush league. Apparently instigating anything that leads to players breaking 6ft of distance or unnecessary contact is an immediate ejection and possibly suspension.

If he gets beaned tomorrow that pitcher should be immediately tossed on the same grounds he was ejected today.

2 pages of real-time complaining during Opening Day by the cranky whiners. 2 comments about the win. This team should continue to score on most days, with different guys able to contribute on any given day. 6-7 viable weapons on offense. If the offense can keep rolling in April, a little confidence can really help a ball club gain momentum.

Mostly OK with what Bell has done to this point, as long as he doesn't try to outsmart himself and keeps rolling out the regulars in the lineup (entire infield, Castellanos and Winker must play every day). A couple of nits:
- Opening Day - down 6 runs, lead-off walk to Barny. He lets Castillo bat and sacrifice, then pulls him the next inning after 1 guy gets on base. Why let Luis bat there? A true analytics guys would never intentionally give up an out down 6 that early in the game.
- Yesterday - up 9-3 but lost momentum. Bases loaded, Barny batting with 2 outs against Miller, a very tough lefty/lefty matchup. Why not hit Stephenson there? A true analytics guy would have PH a righty there.
- Why pitch Hoffman today? I hope he proves me wrong, but he belongs with the Louisville team in Florida IMO.