2021 Steubenville Big Red

Win Total?

• Total voters
Steubenville kinda does both they acknowledge and put plaques up in the school for AP titles whenever they win them but celebrate on the field titles

I didn't know how much the Quakers are losing to graduation. That being said, both of those programs have been quite competitive over the last ten years. And the rivalry between the two is quite intense.

Liberty is a sure loss. In fact, it could be a slaughter--four or five touchdowns.

I didn't know how much the Quakers are losing to graduation. That being said, both of those programs have been quite competitive over the last ten years. And the rivalry between the two is quite intense.

Liberty is a sure loss. In fact, it could be a slaughter--four or five touchdowns.
I don’t think it’ll be that big of a blow out Liberty is losing 20+ Seniors and Big Red is getting a minority of their starters back from last year. The game being week 1 and in Steubenville will help Big Red make it competitive

I don’t think it’ll be that big of a blow out Liberty is losing 20+ Seniors and Big Red is getting a minority of their starters back from last year. The game being week 1 and in Steubenville will help Big Red make it competitive

Liberty has a playoff streak back through 2014. Football in the Columbus area has gotten pretty tough, and Liberty has usually been eliminated by one of the really big boys in D1. Liberty will reload just fine, even though they lose a lot.

On Calpreps in 2020, Liberty was #18 overall. Big Red was #158 overall.

Liberty has a playoff streak back through 2014. Football in the Columbus area has gotten pretty tough, and Liberty has usually been eliminated by one of the really big boys in D1. Liberty will reload just fine, even though they lose a lot.

On Calpreps in 2020, Liberty was #18 overall. Big Red was #158 overall.
I know they have a Top 20 player in the state at LT but that’s all I know about them. Big Red will be improved this year and the game against Liberty will show how much they really have.

I am sure OL will be a tall task. Steubenville will always hold up well on defense unless faced with a sophisticated passing attack, then all bets are off. Their Achilles heel over the past few years has been the pass defense, followed closely by the passing offense.

I am sure OL will be a tall task. Steubenville will always hold up well on defense unless faced with a sophisticated passing attack, then all bets are off. Their Achilles heel over the past few years has been the pass defense, followed closely by the passing offense.
What will help them is that all but 1 DB is back this season so they’ll have experience to build off of

New Phila's coach knew the talent level was down and cut bait. It was a chicken move. He went to a school that will be the big fish in a little pond. Big Red wins this game BIG.

New Phila's coach knew the talent level was down and cut bait. It was a chicken move. He went to a school that will be the big fish in a little pond. Big Red wins this game BIG.
Probably 2 scores wouldn’t say big

Big Red returns a lot of experience and have talented classes coming up while NP has noted departures from several outstanding seniors on a very good 2020 team. An indicator to me were the underclassmen games in 2020. JV's won 37-20, Freshman 42-8 , 7th/8th both dominated their games @ 38-0. Witnessed those games and difference in talent, speed quickness & physicality was big. No guarantee on how younger kids develop, injuries, or other factors come into play, but agree with Cone.

Schedule Release

Attachments

• 102AC722-70A7-4906-9244-50123D33E5C6.jpeg
    102AC722-70A7-4906-9244-50123D33E5C6.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 52
Schedule Release
A correction on the notes on the schedule. The coach of the University Preppers , Ben Malbasa, is not from Steubenville. His father did graduate from Steubenville High School in 1971 , but Malbasa is now coaching at his Alma Mater.

A correction on the notes on the schedule. The coach of the University Preppers , Ben Malbasa, is not from Steubenville. His father did graduate from Steubenville High School in 1971 , but Malbasa is now coaching at his Alma Mater.
I guess they were saying he has ties/family from Steubenville

Except the Hubbard game a few years ago that was an outlier, and Ursuline when they were loaded

Except the Hubbard game a few years ago that was an outlier, and Ursuline when they were loaded
The problem with the Hubbard game was their MLB went out halfway through the second quarter bc he broke some ribs so they started a guy that never made any calls or checks the rest of the game so they were completely lost

The problem with the Hubbard game was their MLB went out halfway through the second quarter bc he broke some ribs so they started a guy that never made any calls or checks the rest of the game so they were completely lost
I understand that, they had some burners tho as well. Wouldn’t have been missed as much of it was against a team that wasn’t that loaded in the backfield that season

Big Red will lose to Liberty, Dover, New Philadelphia, and St Francis de Sales. They will win the other six games.
Cols. DeSales lost a lot to graduations especially on the OL and LB'er , they have some talent returning but depth and the OL will need to be addressed.

Cols. DeSales lost a lot to graduations especially on the OL and LB'er , they have some talent returning but depth and the OL will need to be addressed.
They have a really good LB/RB and Safety coming back that’s the main concern

LOL! Steubenville’s 6-41-2 record with Massillon Washington is all that needs to be said. Plus, Steubey stopped the series after that infamous 2015 Big Red win. Why haven’t the two schools played since then. In my opinion, the game would not be close.

State title count? Hmm I’ll give you a hint.. Tigers 0 Big Red many.. No one around the state worried about 6-41-2 or even remembers.. But Everyone remembers state titles. Well almost everyone.. Not tiger fans.. they worry about AP titles.. Big Red has won how many??? I know the tigers are 0-4 or so in the last 15 years.. But will start counting AP titles and head to head because that’s what people do when they can’t win one on field!!!

State title count? Hmm I’ll give you a hint.. Tigers 0 Big Red many.. No one around the state worried about 6-41-2 or even remembers.. But Everyone remembers state titles. Well almost everyone.. Not tiger fans.. they worry about AP titles.. Big Red has won how many??? I know the tigers are 0-4 or so in the last 15 years.. But will start counting AP titles and head to head because that’s what people do when they can’t win one on field!!!

Dover?? LOL! All titles count, regardless of era.