Best HC job in Ohio

With all the recent coaching changes, what HC job is considered best in Ohio?
[/QUOTE

I’d have to say this is a toss up between a few schools. St. Edward,St. I’s,St. X and Elder. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! I’d also think Tom Bolden could tell you, he has the best HS Football Coaching job in Ohio.

Kirkland. the holy grail of small ball in the midwest. good blood lines and a perfect location, great community. great tradition.

MAC isn’t far behind although i’m sure they lack some of the funding that more Urban schools have access to.

Kirkland. the holy grail of small ball in the midwest. good blood lines and a perfect location, great community. great tradition.

MAC isn’t far behind although i’m sure they lack some of the funding that more Urban schools have access to.

I've often wondered how much pressure there is to win at some of those MAC schools. I ask this because some high school jobs in Ohio may look glamorous and financially beneficial from the outside looking in, but might not be so awesome when you're in the coaches seat and not winning / living up to community expectations (real or imaginary). As coaches we sometimes joke that the best coaching job is at an orphanage.

I've often wondered how much pressure there is to win at some of those MAC schools. I ask this because some high school jobs in Ohio may look glamorous and financially beneficial from the outside looking in, but might not be so awesome when you're in the coaches seat and not winning / living up to community expectations (real or imaginary). As coaches we sometimes joke that the best coaching job is at an orphanage.
MAC country has some of the best communities you can imagine. you don’t hear much drama from that area for a reason. there is an expectation but the attitude is also “we will support you, win or lose” (as long as you’re developing our boys into men). not a lot of MAC fans trashing coaches after each loss. each team has up periods and down periods. it’s all cyclical. 9/10 MAC schools have opportunities to be competitive year in year out because the communities understand it takes time to build a program to the standard they want

MAC country has some of the best communities you can imagine. you don’t hear much drama from that area for a reason. there is an expectation but the attitude is also “we will support you, win or lose” (as long as you’re developing our boys into men). not a lot of MAC fans trashing coaches after each loss. each team has up periods and down periods. it’s all cyclical. 9/10 MAC schools have opportunities to be competitive year in year out because the communities understand it takes time to build a program to the standard they want

Which one doesn't?

Thanks, Carl! Number one in the hood, G!
1617106759383.png

No, thank you.

I apoligze for my MAC ignorance, but why do they lag behind? What aren't they doing that the rest of the league is?
different culture in Rockway. they don’t have the same community support for Football like the other schools. Parkway has a couple very good athletic programs but they don’t have the football culture that the rest of the MAC does, as well as the same bloodlines, etc. Parkway is kinda out of the MAC bubble, but they’re their because they were a charter member.

Grew up in Louisville, and although the tradition and facilities are amazing at Massillon, this is one of the highest pressured jobs in the state....Added in the unrealisic expectations, and it make this a very undesirable job for many coaches.
you also have parents, fans, and boosters breathing down their neck to have their way.

Wow, that's a tough one. Certainly, Massillon has outstanding facilities, a nice talent pool and dedicated boosters but on the downside has huge pressures and expectations. I don't think Moore would trade the job for any other in the state but it certainly is not an easy pressure free job.

I think the best jobs become the best jobs over time due to the successes of the program and coach. Steubenville is a good example. Reno is essentially the Mayor of Steubenville and do whatever the hell he wants without repercussions.

I'd think the best jobs would be in larger districts with athletes in the halls but with no history of success in football. Something you could build without the pressure of expectations.

Talent is the #1 thing needed and I think some of the emerging 'burbs of Columbus are best positioned for future success in Ohio. While most of the state is bleeding population Columbus is growing and folks are moving there and why not move to a place with a solid HS. Not only the players and athletes are there but also a relatively blank slate with regards to history so as a coach you are able to mold a program in your identity and not be tied into a certain "system".

Talent is the #1 thing needed and I think some of the emerging 'burbs of Columbus are best positioned for future success in Ohio. While most of the state is bleeding population Columbus is growing and folks are moving there and why not move to a place with a solid HS. Not only the players and athletes are there but also a relatively blank slate with regards to history so as a coach you are able to mold a program in your identity and not be tied into a certain "system".
see: Mark Nori (formerly Stow) @ Berlin; Mark Solis (formerly Lorain) @ Olentangy

These places pay well, too.

Grew up in Louisville, and although the tradition and facilities are amazing at Massillon, this is one of the highest pressured jobs in the state....Added in the unrealisic expectations, and it make this a very undesirable job for many coaches.
There certainly isn’t a “desire” issue when the job is available.