Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Richmond Heights (17-4)

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • Columbus Grove (24-2)

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • New Boston Glenwood (24-2)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I never did see anybody actually follow up on this comment and say where everyone was originally from.
Post #44, man!

“of their 6 players that play

Voiers brothers - South Webster
Sexton (best player) - Sciotoville East / Portsmouth
Jackson - Lucasville Valley then Portsmouth and maybe even Sciotoville East
Clark - Lucasville Valley
Jones - Portsmouth I believe

Half of those kids did spend a couple elementary years at New Boston, though. And all of them played AAU for the same program which I would imagine influenced their decision to play together these last 2 years

I would also imagine they’re one of the few schools in all of Ohio that has a higher CB than they do male enrollment”

h/t @bbjunky81

Just for that oversight, I get to loot your house Carl.

Post #44, man!

Half of those kids did spend a couple elementary years at New Boston, though. And all of them played AAU for the same program which I would imagine influenced their decision to play together these last 2 years

I would also imagine they’re one of the few schools in all of Ohio that has a higher CB than they do male enrollment”

h/t @bbjunky81

You're the man, The Dock! That is pretty incredible that they all came together for the last two years to play.

Post #44, man!

h/t @bbjunky81

Yep it was a “put together” team lol. My work used to take me through Scioto County and they are a little unpopular down that way. Pretty high CB!!!!

You're the man, The Dock! That is pretty incredible that they all came together for the last two years to play.
They had another kid from last year’s team that came from Columbus I believe.

Not to crap on NB Glenwood, but it had been widely posted and inferred on the SEO forum for a couple years that their team composition was... less-than-ethical. But on the flip-side, I guess no one ever thought to write a letter to Roselea Pl in Columbus saying “hey, check this out.” Probably because they didn’t want to hurt the kids. IDK. I’m still in disbelief they won a particular regular season game because a kid on the other team biffed up the outlet pass in the closing seconds of the game.

They had another kid from last year’s team that came from Columbus I believe.

Not to crap on NB Glenwood, but it had been widely posted and inferred on the SEO forum for a couple years that their team composition was... less-than-ethical. But on the flip-side, I guess no one ever thought to write a letter to Roselea Pl in Columbus saying “hey, check this out.” Probably because they didn’t want to hurt the kids. IDK. I’m still in disbelief they won a regular season game in particular because a kid on the other team biffed up the outlet pass in the closing seconds of the game.
Dock, I think there has been a ton of controversy down that way.....but as you know proving it can be difficult and sometimes the ohsaa just doesn’t want to mess with things...ask Deer Park!

Dock, I think there has been a ton of controversy down that way.....but as you know proving it can be difficult and sometimes the ohsaa just doesn’t want to mess with things...ask Deer Park!
Not only is proving it difficult, but IIRC it can get really expensive to do that work. And, if I'm not mistaken, there just isn't much of a framework in place with OHSAA to do full-scale investigations.

Not only is proving it difficult, but IIRC it can get really expensive to do that work. And, if I'm not mistaken, there just isn't much of a framework in place with OHSAA to do full-scale investigations.
I was just basically saying many were dogging Richmond Heights and New Boston had put there team together the same way. Not a fan of it whatsoever but its the world in which we live and that is why I respect some schools and coaches a little more than others. Should be a great game Sunday morning.

Should be a good d4 finale. Glenwood played head and shoulders better today than their 2 regional games. And Grove was off today I would say.

Should be a good d4 finale. Glenwood played head and shoulders better today than their 2 regional games. And Grove was off today I would say.
I mentioned on the SEO board that New Boston was going to have to step it up to be able to win against Columbus Grove. They were making a big deal of beating Grandview Hts and Berlin Hiland in the Regionals but GH and BH had very little expectations coming into the season and yes make it to the Regionals but were not the as good as they have been the last couple years. This year New Boston would have lost to last years Grandview Hts and Berlin Hiland teams IMO.

Shelby county vs. Putnam county for the D4 state championship. As the good Lord commanded.
Home grown kids. Not an all star team. Predictable. Good luck to both. Grove wins this one. Capping an incredible campaign from some scrappy seniors. Sans a horrid injury, grove could have two championships this year. Lost a great athlete who was going to work in the football state championship. Glad the young man made it back for a run at state basketball.

Post #44, man!

h/t @bbjunky81

I would like to make a little correction about New Boston 6 players. I graduated from New Boston and I played basketball at NB back in the 90's and I personally know the Head Coach and all 6 of these kids and their parents. The Voiers brothers r not from South Webster they both started school at NB and then thier parents moved to South Webster back in 2015 when the brothers was in 6th and 5th grade and then they bought a house in New Boston and moved back 2 years ago when the boys was 11th and 10th grade and the parents r both NB graduates as well. Kyle Sexton started school at NB with the oldest Voiers boy and then he went to Sciotoville for Junior High and then came back to NB his freshman year and he has lived in NB his whole life. Grady Jackson like the others also started school at NB with the younger Voiers brother and then then he wanted to play football so he went to Portsmouth for junior high and he played pee wee Football in sciotoville but he gave up Football and came back to NB prior to the end of his 8th grade year and Grady Jackson parents both went to NB and his mom graduated from NB but his dad moved to Sciotoville his Junior year and graduated from sciotoville. Clark and Jones came to NB a couple years ago and they r the only 2 kids that r not originally from NB and yes 5 of the 6 kids play for the same AAU organization.

Things r definitely different than back n the 90's when I played and I think that AAU has a major part in kids transferring school because everyone knows that these kids r not transferring because of academics it's 100% for sports and they play with certain guys during AAU and then want to go play high school with them as well. But I definitely know that NB isn't the only school n southern Ohio getting kids transferring in to play sports, I'm sure most know of Wheelersburg and now Ironton is getting kids for Football and have got several from Wheelersburg and Minford. Currently right now rumor has it down here that Green High School in Franklin Furnace has 3 kids transferring and 1 is already attending open gyms now. Also Portsmouth Notre Dame got a boy from Portsmouth and he finished the year at Notre Dame and also rumor has it a boy from Greenup Ky is transferring to Notre Dame. Lucasville Valley is loosing 2 starters from this past years basketball team and possibly going to Notre Dame as well!!! Its definitely not just New Boston and people always have a opinion but that don't mean everyone's opinion is the truth but everyone wants to point fingers at NB and all that but this happens all over Ohio. But I just wanted to clear up the thing about the 6 players not being from NB or whatever when only 2 of the 6 actually wasn't originally from NB.

Also just my opinion but the state semi final game against Col Grove I seen a few comments saying grove played terrible 1st half with too many turnovers and whatever and I agree they did I was there in person watching and NB defense had them frustrated and out of rhythm and grove head coach even said that himself after the game. Idk if everyone watched the game but a couple fouls that was called on NB best player Sexton wasn't called on groves Reynolds and Sexton tried to take a charge beginning of the 4th quarter and Reynolds lowered his shoulder and went through Sexton and he was n def position and they call a block. But that game didn't come down to a bad call or a no call by the refs NB couldn't close the game and especially once Sexton fouled out grove capitalized on him being out as they should have. As a NB alumni and former player I was just glad they made it and showed up and competed when nobody outside of the village of NB gave them a chance, that was the first time making it to the state tournament since 1960. Kyle Sexton is the all time leading scorer at NB and first player boy/girl from NB to win D4 player of the year.