Western Buckeye League 2021

I can't wait to watch his exciting play. How many times will he turn around and hand it off to a fullback? I'll have to hold my breath in excitement on every play!
Hey there's an obvious QB counter thrown in there!

I can't wait to watch his exciting play. How many times will he turn around and hand it off to a fullback? I'll have to hold my breath in excitement on every play!
And just like that the air was sucked out of the room.

I know it's off topic, but congrats to the Ottawa-Glandorf Lady Titans for being the D3 state runners-up. Just not their day, tough loss to perennial power Berlin Hiland. O-G is a perennial power in their own right - this is their third state runner up placement in the past seven years. Rooting for them to get over that hump soon.

Last edited:
Wapak has some talent coming back with a real playmaker at Quarterback

Just curious, but how do you know he's a real playmaker at QB if he just got moved there?

Didn't he play DE last year? Did he play JV quarterback too? Did he play scout team QB and was hard to stop?

Or you just assume he's going to be real playmaker because....why?

Just curious, but how do you know he's a real playmaker at QB if he just got moved there?

Didn't he play DE last year? Did he play JV quarterback too? Did he play scout team QB and was hard to stop?

Or you just assume he's going to be real playmaker because....why?
He was their varsity QB at the beginning of the season and I think he got hurt.

He was their varsity QB at the beginning of the season and I think he got hurt.

What? Treece was a senior returning starter at QB. Has the kid played QB since junior high? Was he the freshman QB or something at least?

LOL at saying a kid is a playmaker at QB if he hasn't actually played QB is a stretch. Maybe go with, "kid is a really good athlete, and could be a playmaker for us."

Either way, after Treece... ANYONE is a huge step down.

What? Treece was a senior returning starter at QB. Has the kid played QB since junior high? Was he the freshman QB or something at least?

LOL at saying a kid is a playmaker at QB if he hasn't actually played QB is a stretch. Maybe go with, "kid is a really good athlete, and could be a playmaker for us."

What does Treece have to do with Wapak?

I thought we were talking about Wapak’s QB

Plus I think you’re missing the point on Treece’s replacement. No one will replace a kid like that, but they return almost all of their starters from a state championship team that will make his life easier. Plus Van Wert didn’t really drop off from Nate Place to Owen Treece so I would expect they’ll have the new QB ready.

He played the first game against Celina and injured his knee came back the last few weeks and Wapak won 3 in a row. The offense looked alot better kinda reminds me of Kodi Morgan some. Golet has excellent speed which you need in Moyers offense because the QB runs alot and if we have the wideouts he has a decent arm see the Wapak vs st marys game a few years ago he threw the TD pass that tied the game then Kaeck won it in overtime.

I think it's time the WBL goes to the MAC model and have 8 conference games. There is a strong possibility the WBL could range from 2-8 to 4-6 in their opening week games. Which then creates a tough time for league teams to make the playoffs.
Getting into playoffs is now a non issue. Before change to 12 teams, yes. Now, NO! 3-5 teams could make playoffs now. Depends on non-league.

Speaking of QBs, the Bath qb is transferring. They had a chance to be .500 with a solid upcoming Sr class. Cupboard is empty again after they graduate and with qb gone.

Speaking of QBs, the Bath qb is transferring. They had a chance to be .500 with a solid upcoming Sr class. Cupboard is empty again after they graduate and with qb gone.
Where’s Fleharty going? He’s the best returning QB in the WBL

Getting into playoffs is now a non issue. Before change to 12 teams, yes. Now, NO! 3-5 teams could make playoffs now. Depends on non-league.

I keep seeing that 12 magically makes everything a non issue, and that's true if you're 9th-12th.

But what if you're now 13th or 14th? That extra non league game would still be huge. Yes, I realize those teams have almost no shot at winning a title, but get them in the playoffs that 3-5 could become 4-6. Someone's road game becomes a home game. Someone's first round game becomes a bye.

There's still plenty to play for.

You think? I mean I see y'alls point. Bath, as a football program, would be competitive in the NWC and they already fit in the geographical footprint. After all, they were former members of the NWC so them going back to it wouldn't be all that far fetched. Would their primary motivation to move leagues... be just football driven? Bath is basically near the center of the geographic footprint in the WBL and as an entire athletic program is competitive in the WBL, more so with their girls sports than their boys sports. Bath owns 2 WBL championships this school year already. A lot of their boys teams are dead last (or near the bottom) in league standings. I could see the NWC being an easier conference for them to compete. Enrollment wise, though, Bath is doing just fine. While they've currently dropped to being the smallest high school in the WBL (O-G has 480 in 9-12, Bath has 468), the Bath district is still larger as a whole than O-G by over 200 students. So some of the upcoming Bath classes are a bit bigger and will firmly keep them in D5 at the lowest.

You think? I mean I see y'alls point. Bath, as a football program, would be competitive in the NWC and they already fit in the geographical footprint. After all, they were former members of the NWC so them going back to it wouldn't be all that far fetched. Would their primary motivation to move leagues... be just football driven? Bath is basically near the center of the geographic footprint in the WBL and as an entire athletic program is competitive in the WBL, more so with their girls sports than their boys sports. Bath owns 2 WBL championships this school year already. A lot of their boys teams are dead last (or near the bottom) in league standings. I could see the NWC being an easier conference for them to compete. Enrollment wise, though, Bath is doing just fine. While they've currently dropped to being the smallest high school in the WBL (O-G has 480 in 9-12, Bath has 468), the Bath district is still larger as a whole than O-G by over 200 students. So some of the upcoming Bath classes are a bit bigger and will firmly keep them in D5 at the lowest.
That may be true. I heard from a Bath parent that they will have 1 combined MS football team next year. The rising 7th grade has only single digit participation in football. Do any WBL schools play a combined 7th/8th grade schedule? Those numbers will kill a program. Apparently Bath won't consider leaving the WBL, even though boys sports would all benefit by a league change.

My point is why would other WBL schools want to continue to play Bath who’s the smallest school in the league and not very competitive in any sport.