20-21 Federal League Basketball

I came away very impressed with Jackson tonight. Their record suggests they were a good team. But they were better than I expected. Very well coached. Very smart. Playing extremely hard. Extremely efficient on offense. The right mix of skill and physicality on defense. They have balance with good guard play and the big guys are tough. That was a really good team. The top of the Fed gave the top of the GCC all they could handle and more.

The Fed teams in both games seemed to be able to dictate the pace. The GCC teams found a way to win, but I think both these games should help whoever wins Mentor-Medina if they were to be in a grind type game again. Technically, Copley and Cleveland Heights (for the second time this year) and Hoover slowed it down against Medina. But Jackson seemed to be the only team (outside of Ignatius, which also did it to Medina as well earlier this year) to slow the pace against Mentor.

I'm guessing Saturday will be back in the 70s to 80s (where Medina-Mentor have played to against each other) but these type games like tonight probably helps both school moving forward.

...Jackson has a good not great team this year. Any team in the top 10 would beat them by double digits....
Hoover has a better chance of beating Medina than Jackson does of beating Mentor imo.

Lets see how long it takes for Jackson fans to blame the officials...over/under 10 minutes:)
By the looks of 3 of your last 4 posts, you need to step back into the real world.

Now that the 20-21 is over, who do you all think should be player of the year and coach of the year for the Federal League?

So I know its way too soon to look at next year but.....it appears Hoover has the most coming back with McK losing the most? Not sure about Jackson.
Jackson loses 4 players. 2 starters (Skeriotis, Graybill), a 6th man (Kulich) Everyone else is back and the JV team went 19-3. They should be very good next year. Good size and shooters.

McK was clearly the class of the regular season but Jax was the tops in the post season. Great job vs Mentor. I think McK would have given Medina more match up issues but we'll never know.

Thanks to all the Fed teams for a great season which some thought would never happen.
How was Jackson tops in the postseason? I believe Hoover advanced just as far (and went through McKinley to do it)

Lets rate the FL coaches for fun. Heres mine
1. Lake, love him or hate him and he is very full of himself when he has the horses. He won a district a few years back with a team without the studs he has had in the past, plus this year he really had no business winning 10 games with his talent level.
2. Jackson, coach has been around, has a ST and is rewarded with a great youth program that usually has the kids ready by the time he gets them.
3. Green, yes a homer possibly but coach has been there 25 years and his teams always show up, has them play disciplined ball and defense first.
4. McK, very tough place to coach, feel he gets his share of wins with talent alone. Not enough discipline and defense.
5. NC, think he's solid, hasn't been ther long enough to know what type of coach he'll be but seeing him the last two years he'll be a tough out.
6. Glenoak, don't think he was ready coming from a small school to face the FL weekly. Sometimes I think they're well coached and many others I can't figure out what he's trying to do?
7. Perry, usually finds a way to have his team in games they shouldn't be in but almost always loses those games. Just don't think he's there with the rest of the pack?

These are my opinions post yours?

Lets rate the FL coaches for fun. Heres mine
1. Lake, love him or hate him and he is very full of himself when he has the horses. He won a district a few years back with a team without the studs he has had in the past, plus this year he really had no business winning 10 games with his talent level.
2. Jackson, coach has been around, has a ST and is rewarded with a great youth program that usually has the kids ready by the time he gets them.
3. Green, yes a homer possibly but coach has been there 25 years and his teams always show up, has them play disciplined ball and defense first.
4. McK, very tough place to coach, feel he gets his share of wins with talent alone. Not enough discipline and defense.
5. NC, think he's solid, hasn't been ther long enough to know what type of coach he'll be but seeing him the last two years he'll be a tough out.
6. Glenoak, don't think he was ready coming from a small school to face the FL weekly. Sometimes I think they're well coached and many others I can't figure out what he's trying to do?
7. Perry, usually finds a way to have his team in games they shouldn't be in but almost always loses those games. Just don't think he's there with the rest of the pack?

These are my opinions post yours?
Are these in order by chance...best to worst? Just curios. These are spot on though

Coaches:
1. Jackson -sustained success puts him at the top
2. McK - no one else in the Fed faces the off court challenges like V
3. Lake - gets the most out of what he has to work with
4. NC - Bluey toughness ran off the soft kids and helicopter parents in NC
and the rest