2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
My way too early predictions for'21

1. Milton-Union (9-1) set up for a great first season in the TRC. Valley View awaits...
2. Covington (6-4) Tough schedule and new coach
3. Troy Christian (7-3) Tough schedule ahead.
4. Miami East (5-5) still young. Could surprise
5. Bethel (2-8) room for improvements. Tough schedule.
6. Northridge (3-7) same old Ridge.
7. Lehman (1-9) outmanned.

Could’ve sworn this was an 8 team league...

My way too early predictions for'21

1. Milton-Union (9-1) set up for a great first season in the TRC. Valley View awaits...
2. Covington (6-4) Tough schedule and new coach
3. Troy Christian (7-3) Tough schedule ahead.
4. Miami East (5-5) still young. Could surprise
5. Bethel (2-8) room for improvements. Tough schedule.
6. Northridge (3-7) same old Ridge.
7. Lehman (1-9) outmanned.
Lehman beating Waynesfield isnt a sure thing. I'll give this a shot though.

1. Milton-Union: Bret Pearce is a good coach and I think they have a good set of athletes returning.
2. Covington: They shouldn't miss a beat as long as they hire the right coach.
3. Riverside: The loss of Long is going to hurt when it comes to starting competition in a tougher league but I think they could be successful
4. Miami East: Agree that they were really young last year but as long as Max Current is still there, they'll be competitive.
5. Troy Christian: Steve Nolan is a coaching legend but with numbers usually in the 20's, How will they be down the stretch in the new conference?
6. Bethel: As they grow, they should improve. Can't wait till all their new facilities are built.
7. Northridge: Status quo. Dont know much about the Polar Bears.
8. Lehman: Might go winless.

4. Miami East: Agree that they were really young last year but as long as Max Current is still there, they'll be competitive.
I have personally always thought that Current was an underachiever. Miami East should have always been in the mix for the CCC, but they never actually won the whole thing 3 times.

They were always a big fish in a small pond, now they will be playing more school their own size.

ill take a shot
1. Milton Union
2. Covington
(tie) 3. Miami East
(tie) 3. Riverside
(tie) 5. Troy Christian
(tie) 5. Northridge
(tie) 5. Bethel
8. Lehman Catholic

the TRC will be an “any given night” league. next year, i believe each team ranked 2 through 7 could beat each other on any given night

ill take a shot
1. Milton Union
2. Covington
(tie) 3. Miami East
(tie) 3. Riverside
(tie) 5. Troy Christian
(tie) 5. Northridge
(tie) 5. Bethel
8. Lehman Catholic

the TRC will be an “any given night” league. next year, i believe each team ranked 2 through 7 could beat each other on any given night
Nailed it.

I have personally always thought that Current was an underachiever. Miami East should have always been in the mix for the CCC, but they never actually won the whole thing 3 times.

They were always a big fish in a small pond, now they will be playing more school their own size.
Max took over a program in shambles and has taken them to the playoffs. I would have to disagree here. The schools in the TRC are same as the CCC outside of Milton and Northridge.

Max took over a program in shambles and has taken them to the playoffs. I would have to disagree here. The schools in the TRC are same as the CCC outside of Milton and Northridge.

He took over a program in shambles, and it stayed in shambles until they moved to the CCC.

I think he's a good coach. East was in over their heads in the CBC, that's a given. He just struggled with Covington.
It's a new Miami East district from what I hear. More kids from that area along Troy-Urbana Rd that still fill the rosters.
East was a measuring stick for Milton each year. How we did vs them in the opener typically determined how our SWBL season would go.
Northridge, for StateChamp, is a district with tons of money and very nice facilities. They have been a cellar-dwellar in all sports until recently in basketball. They have had the same coach in football for several years and he just doesn't get the most out of his players. They typically come from rough family backgrounds. There is the talent in Northridge to be a juggernaut of someone could get the kids out and develop the talent they have. It could be scary for anyone that plays them. They could be a smaller version of Trotwood or Wayne with the right coach.

Last edited:
I think he's a good coach. East was in over their heads in the CBC, that's a given. He just struggled with Covington.
It's a new Miami East district from what I hear. More kids from that area along Troy-Urbana Rd that still fill the rosters.
East was a measuring stick for Milton each year. How we did vs them in the opener typically determined how our SWBL season would go.
Northridge, for StateChamp, is a district with tons of money and very nice facilities. They have been a cellar-dwellar in all sports until recently in basketball. They have had the same coach in football for several years and he just doesn't get the most out of his players. They typically come from rough family backgrounds. There is the talent in Northridge to be a juggernaut of someone could get the kids out and develop the talent they have. It could be scary for anyone that plays them. They could be a smaller version of Trotwood or Wayne with the right coach.
I played against Max Current. If I'll say anything about the guy is that Miami East was probably the most respectful non MAC school, I ever played. I think that reflects well on the coach.

Everytime ive driven by Northridge on the highway, I always thought their stadium looked rather nice.

Covington has the best turf around for a small school. Northridge is right there with them. I wish Milton had the money to rip up that old turf and start new.

to be fair, neither Covington or Northridge play boys or girls soccer. I'm betting MU could keep their turf in better shape if it wasn't used so much.

Riverside’s grass is nice, but it only gets used for football so that helps. But it also gets taken care of meticulously.

Lehman beating Waynesfield isnt a sure thing. I'll give this a shot though.

1. Milton-Union: Bret Pearce is a good coach and I think they have a good set of athletes returning.
2. Covington: They shouldn't miss a beat as long as they hire the right coach.
3. Riverside: The loss of Long is going to hurt when it comes to starting competition in a tougher league but I think they could be successful
5. Troy Christian: Steve Nolan is a coaching legend but with numbers usually in the 20's, How will they be down the stretch in the new conference?
6. Bethel: As they grow, they should improve. Can't wait till all their new facilities are built.
7. Northridge: Status quo. Dont know much about the Polar Bears.
8. Lehman: Might go winless.

Ditto. Miami East and Troy Christian could flip flop if ME doesn't improve and TC continues to improve.

If I was them besides a MAC assistant. I would look to maybe try and steal someone from Milton. Stoke the new rivalry get an insight to the new competition. That would be something.

If I was them besides a MAC assistant. I would look to maybe try and steal someone from Milton. Stoke the new rivalry get an insight to the new competition. That would be something.
Wouldn't that be something. I expect Covington to get some good candidates. Their last 2 hires of Dave Miller and Ty Cates were both very good hires, and I expect them to get another hire along those lines. I feel like it's a job that's going to get a lot of interest...

Brookville, at least in my experience since the 70s, had always felt better than other schools their size. It goes back to the 60s with MU and Brookville. Big rivals and literal fights back in the day. We always won but Brookville was always uppity.
Lehman and Riverside are going to be short-term from what I hear through the grapevine. Again, rumor. Greenon should petition to join as should Oakwood.
Lehman will likely bolt after a few years. They won't keep up. Riverside is another case. Could be the next Covington there.
You could have:
Bethel, Covington, Milton, Greenon, Oakwood, Miami East, Troy Christ, Riverside, Brookville.
Now that's a great conference. Greenon is a great add here both size-wise and geographically. Maybe even Northwestern if Oakwood isn't interested

Brookville, at least in my experience since the 70s, had always felt better than other schools their size. It goes back to the 60s with MU and Brookville. Big rivals and literal fights back in the day. We always won but Brookville was always uppity.
Lehman and Riverside are going to be short-term from what I hear through the grapevine. Again, rumor. Greenon should petition to join as should Oakwood.
Lehman will likely bolt after a few years. They won't keep up. Riverside is another case. Could be the next Covington there.
You could have:
Bethel, Covington, Milton, Greenon, Oakwood, Miami East, Troy Christ, Riverside, Brookville.
Now that's a great conference. Greenon is a great add here both size-wise and geographically. Maybe even Northwestern if Oakwood isn't interested
Unfortunately after this years 8th graders, Riverside class sized go down to the 40s for the at least 6 years. Where as they have historically been around 60.

I would think Lehman and Riverside would stick it out unless something better comes along...and I don't know what that would be. I bet they are realistic about their fit in the TRC, but were done with the NWCC.

I would think Lehman and Riverside would stick it out unless something better comes along...and I don't know what that would be. I bet they are realistic about their fit in the TRC, but were done with the NWCC.
The NWCC added teams that are close the Lake Erie, and half the league will be playing 8-man football soon. It was a move that had to be made at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.