Are you a true West Sider??

there were two bowling lanes on warsaw, one was Schochs lanes where I worked all of my teen years to pay my way thru Elder. they had automatic pinspotters and a billiards hall. The six lane place was woodlawn lanes which had pinboys, it later became the Chatterbox Lounge, I believe it is now some kind of Family center. Schochs lanes was right next store to the roller rink.
Chatterbox is where I’m thinking. Not sure what it was called when I was there back in ‘70, I was only there once, but I do remember it being Chatterbox later on

Chatterbox is where I’m thinking. Not sure what it was called when I was there back in ‘70, I was only there once, but I do remember it being Chatterbox later on
Apparently the Chatterbox was a happening place in the 70's. I believe they had live R&B and other acts. We need a club like that on the westside now. The Blue Note was that until the owner got away from Blues, Roots Rock and legacy bands. My favorite BN acts were The Guess Who (one time), H-Bomb Ferguson (half a dozen times), Rusty Griswolds (too many times to count) and the Psychodots (once).

Please, someone with the knowledge and resources, open a new live music venue on the westside.

Apparently the Chatterbox was a happening place in the 70's. I believe they had live R&B and other acts. We need a club like that on the westside now. The Blue Note was that until the owner got away from Blues, Roots Rock and legacy bands. My favorite BN acts were The Guess Who (one time), H-Bomb Ferguson (half a dozen times), Rusty Griswolds (too many times to count) and the Psychodots (once).

Please, someone with the knowledge and resources, open a new live music venue on the westside.

exactly! I was noticing the old original HHGregg building on the corner of Anderson Ferry and Glenway Crossing has been sold. Haven’t heard about any plans for it but I was telling my wife that I wish I had the money to do something there like a music venue/comedy house. They already have the front part overhang that looks like a marquee. Again, it’s my fantasy project, since I’ll never have the funds to do it, but it would be a blast if I did

there were two bowling lanes on warsaw, one was Schochs lanes where I worked all of my teen years to pay my way thru Elder. they had automatic pinspotters and a billiards hall. The six lane place was woodlawn lanes which had pinboys, it later became the Chatterbox Lounge, I believe it is now some kind of Family center. Schochs lanes was right next store to the roller rink.

My parents used to hang out at Chatterbox and the billiards halls that were in that area.

exactly! I was noticing the old original HHGregg building on the corner of Anderson Ferry and Glenway Crossing has been sold. Haven’t heard about any plans for it but I was telling my wife that I wish I had the money to do something there like a music venue/comedy house. They already have the front part overhang that looks like a marquee. Again, it’s my fantasy project, since I’ll never have the funds to do it, but it would be a blast if I did

I agree a venue like the old Blue Note would work on the west side.

It was not rock and roll but one creative idea to promote live music was held on The Rooftop at the new Warsaw Federal Incline Theater in the Incline District on the weekends. A way to get out during the pandemic. They would have a number of musicians, singers, etc come together and put on a show during the summer and into the fall. Great night out with the wife or family. By the end they were sold out. They were called "Open Air Cabaret at the Incline". They are planning on doing them again starting in the spring.

Last edited:
Very interesting, I remember it being a Kung-Fu (marshal arts) studio during my time.
Yeah.....IK Kim's.....run by former Cincinnati Police officer, Sonny Kim (deceased) - he was the police officer shot and killed in Madisonville (I think) by a guy who wanted a "death by cop" suicide

Cincinnati police museum website has great biographies of all of our local fallen officers. I know the guy who started it and it is a wealth of information on local law enforcement. The bio does not mention a West Price Hill dojo but I remember it well as IK Kim's Korean
Karate

Off. Kim's bio:

I wanted to get seafood today at the new Cajun place at Glenway and Anderson Ferry. Website makes it appear that it is open, but it is not. I went to the Asian place next door . I didn't get the sushi but got one of the bowls. It was ok. Not great. The set-up is a lot like BIBIBOP Asian Grill in Clifton where you pick your ingredients and they make it up for you.

We all talked about the huge Queen City Ave. MSD project a while ago. I have not driven by the area in a couple of years. I believe it is close if not completed. How is the traffic through South Fairmont these days?

We all talked about the huge Queen City Ave. MSD project a while ago. I have not driven by the area in a couple of years. I believe it is close if not completed. How is the traffic through South Fairmont these days?
It looks good. There are a couple pull out small parking lots. I have been meaning to take a drive down there, park and take a walk. It should be a very nice place to take a walk this spring.

The demise of the Watermill is approaching. Word is It will be replaced by a Sonic.
I was never a fan, although I know plenty of people who were. Sonic is not bad for fast food. It might replace my milkshake and burger habit left wanting with the closure of Steak n Shake.

When is Cristine's moving? Is their a plan for her old location?

I was never a fan, although I know plenty of people who were. Sonic is not bad for fast food. It might replace my milkshake and burger habit left wanting with the closure of Steak n Shake.

When is Cristine's moving? Is their a plan for her old location?
My experience with Sonic in the Tri-state is that it is poor. There are two in Boone County, and both are extremely poorly run and the food is tolerable with about a half hour wait each time. I hope if one is getting put in at the old Water Mill it is run like the many in Stillwater Oklahoma.... been there a few times and those run like a well oiled machine with the decent fast food you spoke of.

There is still a Steak and Shake in Florence on Houston Road right off the interstate if you were jonesin' that bad.

My experience with Sonic in the Tri-state is that it is poor. There are two in Boone County, and both are extremely poorly run and the food is tolerable with about a half hour wait each time. I hope if one is getting put in at the old Water Mill it is run like the many in Stillwater Oklahoma.... been there a few times and those run like a well oiled machine with the decent fast food you spoke of.

There is still a Steak and Shake in Florence on Houston Road right off the interstate if you were jonesin' that bad.
I was just over in Eastgate on Friday and saw an open Steak and Shake and laughted because I thought they were all gone.

We had a Sonic in Alexandria and I only ate their twice. Slow service over priced food equaled not worth the time. Some how they were able to remodel the building and it is now a Chipotle.

The Sonic in Hebron is disgusting. It was okay at one time but we went in there about a year ago and turned around and walked right back out. It looked like the place hadn’t been cleaned in 20 years, dead flies all over the inside of the place including behind the counter. Never again.

As for Steak and Shake, I think the one in Lawrenceburg is still open as well. That was always cleaner and better run than the ones in Western Hills and Colerain but it’s been a few years since I’ve been in there.

The Sonic in Hebron is disgusting. It was okay at one time but we went in there about a year ago and turned around and walked right back out. It looked like the place hadn’t been cleaned in 20 years, dead flies all over the inside of the place including behind the counter. Never again.

As for Steak and Shake, I think the one in Lawrenceburg is still open as well. That was always cleaner and better run than the ones in Western Hills and Colerain but it’s been a few years since I’ve been in there.
Good to know. I completely forgot there was a Sonic in Hebron. There is one in Union and one in Florence, both pretty bad also.