2020 St. Ignatius Football

Congratulations to Ignatius grads’ ….

Jon Gannon ’01 - named Defensive Coordinator for the Philadephia Eagles

Dave Ragone ’98 - named Offensive Coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons

Maybe Ragone can share some of his playbook with whoever will be the new Ignatius OC and QB coach! ;)

Meanwhile Tom Arth ’99 passed on joining the LA Chargers’ coaching staff and will stay as HC for Univ. of Akron

The 2000 team with Gannon was really good. Solon played much better that night at Byers behind Scott Greenberg and Jon Glavin.

I saw Ignatius LB John Kerr hit the Solon RB Miller and bounce off. Never saw that before or after that game.

The 2000 team with Gannon was really good. Solon played much better that night at Byers behind Scott Greenberg and Jon Glavin.

I saw Ignatius LB John Kerr hit the Solon RB Miller and bounce off. Never saw that before or after that game.

I won't go so far as to say I was stunned by that result, because that Solon team was really talented (although the final score was a bit shocking). But having played against both that year, I did not see that Ignatius team losing to anyone.

Gannon's 90-yard interception that was called back for a clipping penalty was a momentum changer.
I recall that being a cold and very windy night.
The Comets lost to Upper Arlington in the state finals in a closely played game

Great anecdote about Gannon - he originally didn’t plan to play football at Ignatius, and only came out after being cut from the golf team his freshman year. Tremendous all around athlete. When he first started coaching in the NFL, I believe he was the youngest coach in the league for a period of time.

I won't go so far as to say I was stunned by that result, because that Solon team was really talented (although the final score was a bit shocking). But having played against both that year, I did not see that Ignatius team losing to anyone.
I didn't either. I was convinced that 2000 defense wasa state title worthy.

Then Scott Greenberg scored on his 3rd 0r 4th carry of the game. I knew it was trouble.

Jaxon French has transferred to Lake Catholic.
Good luck to him. Guess he didn't think he had a shot at starting. IMO, Pfaff has to improve a lot for this team to be decent.

In my opinion, his issues were in his head. He lost confidence after a few games.

Good luck to him. Guess he didn't think he had a shot at starting. IMO, Pfaff has to improve a lot for this team to be decent.

In my opinion, his issues were in his head. He lost confidence after a few games.

I agree that French lost confidence, but I think he had some mechanical and accuracy issues as well. He can be a good QB somewhere, but the Ignatius offense asked him to do too much with his arm. The team was very reliant on intermediate to deep throws with receivers that struggled to get much separation. Pfaff had much more accuracy and touch on these throws. French would benefit from an offense where he can get outside the pocket, run, and get some easy wins in the passing game.

I think Pfaff can be very good. He needs to improve his strength and velocity on short to intermediate throws. His decision-making was ok and should benefit significantly from having a real pre-season. WR is a question mark.

Of course with a new play caller, a lot is subject to change.

Was French the QB who transferred to Ignatius from Padua?

Yes. He started for the Varsity at Padua as a freshman, then rotated as the JV QB with Pfaff after transferring to Ignatius. French was the starter on JV and played most of the minutes. He then started the first three Varsity games last year before being pulled for Pfaff.

When you take transfer to better your team it always doesn't work out.
Of course it doesn't, but there are "positive" exmaples- whether you agree with them or not is a different issue.

Two notable examples: John Kerr transferred in and of course Eric Williams.

Darian Kinnard also transferred in sophomore year.

Tommy Eichenberg making some nice plays in coverage today at the Buckeye spring game. Hopeful he sees some meaningful minutes this year. Linebacker positions should be pretty wide open.

Cleveland St. Ignatius
08/20 N Unknown Opponent ()
08/27 A Mentor
09/03 H Baltimore Mount Saint Joseph (MD)
09/10 A Euclid
09/18 H Akron Archbishop Hoban
09/24 H River Rouge (MI)
10/02 A Lakewood St. Edward
10/09 A Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
10/15 H Cincinnati St. Xavier

Pretty "classy" post. But then, you are a " new member." Says a lot about you.
Guy has been trolling the Benedictine thread and trying to pass himself off as a fan in our thread. Think he may have been banned and changed names once already. Best to ignore.