Ohio State Buckeyes 2020

Is Alabama, or any other SEC team, dropping football those two years?

Since Ohio State and Clemson are the only two programs to beat the SEC in the playoff era, they will be the only two to challenge Alabama the next two years or anyone else in the SEC. Ohio State will remain a contender for the foreseeable future.

Sounded like Shaun Wade may come back next year after his post game comments. Not surprising as I don't know if he'd be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round unless a team just ignores this year and drafts him for the slot. First thing they need to do is ask him if he's actually going to put forth some effort. If so, then the they should allow him to come back on the condition he moves back to the slot and/or safety.

Sounded like Shaun Wade may come back next year after his post game comments. Not surprising as I don't know if he'd be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round unless a team just ignores this year and drafts him for the slot. First thing they need to do is ask him if he's actually going to put forth some effort. If so, then the they should allow him to come back on the condition he moves back to the slot and/or safety.
I'm with you! He showed no effort at all!
I'm excited for next year. Go Buckeyes!

Even on their best day OSU does not have a shot at beating a full strength Bama.

Fields is a good QB, but in tight coverage or under pressure just doesnt deliver the ball well.

If he is back he was so bad this year in that role that he has to be moved back inside even if an incoming freshman or a second year player has to replace him on the outside IMO, which is probably what would happen if Cam Brown isn't healthy enough to compete for that spot in the spring and summer. On the outside I thought Banks showed some improvement over the course of the year and there's reason to be optimistic about him for next year. Wade never really got any better.

I think the evidence is overwhelming that Wade has to guard the slot at the next level. I guess the question is how badly are teams going to drop their grades on him off of tape of him playing out of position on the outside.

Good for him, It wouldn't hurt Fields either imo

If he is back he was so bad this year in that role that he has to be moved back inside even if an incoming freshman or a second year player has to replace him on the outside IMO, which is probably what would happen if Cam Brown isn't healthy enough to compete for that spot in the spring and summer. On the outside I thought Banks showed some improvement over the course of the year and there's reason to be optimistic about him for next year. Wade never really got any better.

I think the evidence is overwhelming that Wade has to guard the slot at the next level. I guess the question is how badly are teams going to drop their grades on him off of tape of him playing out of position on the outside.
He just looked horrible, give it another year of hard work

Since Ohio State and Clemson are the only two programs to beat the SEC in the playoff era, they will be the only two to challenge Alabama the next two years or anyone else in the SEC. Ohio State will remain a contender for the foreseeable future.
How does Saban get guys to stay?

How does Saban get guys to stay?
I noticed that WR last night who was out much of the year, played on a hobbled leg for Bama and how he sucked it up and played.

Then OSU had a guy like Bosa that year sit out the full season due to a core injury to protect his draft stock..........

I noticed that WR last night who was out much of the year, played on a hobbled leg for Bama and how he sucked it up and played.

Then OSU had a guy like Bosa that year sit out the full season due to a core injury to protect his draft stock..........
I get sitting out, it brings recruits to let them know it's ok to move on. It will hurt the program. Alabama approaches it differently. Cudos to Saban It's refreshing to watch the Alabama effort. OSU has a good group but not the same as Alabama.

Some programs do have the lure of the 'greater good' and are more willing to stick around for their one chance to be in the spotlight and to do whatever it takes to win a title.

That was my thought, but do you think OSU is clean? I don't
I think if we're honest, none of them are squeaky-clean. There's too much money and influence, etc. I think Ryan Day seems more genuine than some other coaches out there, but that doesn't mean the players aren't acting of their own accord when it's financially convenient.

I think if we're honest, none of them are squeaky-clean. There's too much money and influence, etc. I think Ryan Day seems more genuine than some other coaches out there, but that doesn't mean the players aren't acting of their own accord when it's financially convenient.

There's a really, really good Yahoo article from a few years ago about SEC bagmen and how they operate. Almost none of them ever meet the HCs, assistants, etc. Most of the coaches don't even know who they are, especially the head coaches. But I agree, every program is cheating to some extent. Some are just more blatant than others i.e. Ole Miss circa 2014.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess no. Tua didn't stay and he had a 1st round grade but he also had a pretty gnarly injury. RBs and QBs, IMO, need to capitalize on the 1st round grades when they can.
Tua's problem is he doesn't have an NFL caliber arm.

The Dolphins whiffed on that pick.

Sometimes the other team is just better and you tip your cap. Smith and Harris are really good, plus their offensive schemes did a great job of using motion and deception to get them the ball with free space. I'm guessing Day will pick up a few of those tricks for next year after watching that.

Sometimes the other team is just better and you tip your cap. Smith and Harris are really good, plus their offensive schemes did a great job of using motion and deception to get them the ball with free space. I'm guessing Day will pick up a few of those tricks for next year after watching that.

Sark has to be Saban's best coach rehab job. I used to know him as being that drunk guy that washed out and didn't do much of merit at USC and Washington. X's and O's he did a fantastic job with this Bama team.

I would love to see our HS team pick up a few of those plays when we have an electric speedster. This past year woulda been awesome!

Sark has to be Saban's best coach rehab job. I used to know him as being that drunk guy that washed out and didn't do much of merit at USC and Washington. X's and O's he did a fantastic job with this Bama team.
Is it Sark or Saban and the talent he has around him? Some of the things he did you can't do without really fast receivers. Nothing Alabama did was that special. I called every one of those throwbacks after motions plays. I didn't understand why the Buckeyes DBs would follow him when he went in motion because you knew that he was going to stop and come back. Then he would get a real head of steam, and he was too fast to catchup with. If the Buckeyes just let him go in motion and stay put, they would have had a bunch of pick sixes. That receiver will be nothing in the NFL once guys jam him on the line, which tOSU did not do. Coombs had a horrible game plan.

I put last night more on the coaching than the players. I haven’t looked at the stats from last night, but I would say 95% of the touches in Bama’s offense were to 6 and 22 in the first half. They did lots of motioning and different formations, but we all knew where the ball was going. Ohio State was laying the wood(as Najee Harris said after the game) but they were out coached/schemed big time. Just my 2 cents.

Is it Sark or Saban and the talent he has around him? Some of the things he did you can't do without really fast receivers. Nothing Alabama did was that special. I called every one of those throwbacks after motions plays. I didn't understand why the Buckeyes DBs would follow him when he went in motion because you knew that he was going to stop and come back. Then he would get a real head of steam, and he was too fast to catchup with. If the Buckeyes just let him go in motion and stay put, they would have had a bunch of pick sixes. That receiver will be nothing in the NFL once guys jam him on the line, which tOSU did not do. Coombs had a horrible game plan.

Ohio State didn't have anyone good enough to jam him at the line. The one time I can recall Wade being lined up across from like he wanted to jam or at least play tight instead of providing cushion or bailing he got clowned badly.

I think it was unfortunately either get dinked and dunked for 10-12 play TD drives or continuously give up explosive plays getting burned in space. The only way Coombs would have looked respectable last night would have required having Young and a Bosa brother on the edge with Okudah and Arnette on the corners. Alabama's offense was that good.