Cleveland Indians changing their name?

1607913384081.png

I'm primarily a Reds fan, but this makes me sad. The organization has zero intent to demean or defame Native Americans. In fact, the plaque shown above seems to indicate the exact opposite. I suppose the Major League movie will be banned now too.

Best way to handle this. Like Washington name your team just TEAM... Football/Baseball. Then let the fans continue to call the team the Redskins/Indians etc. The organization can still sell the throw back merch and also just make new merch with the same color just no logo... So there you go, the offensive logos that apparently kills thousands every year is not official... not on TV not in the stadiums but the fans can give a big finger to all the BS and continue on.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the old joke when Abe Polian decided to change the name of the Washington Bullets. The Washington Bullets have announced they will be removing the offensive part of their team name and will hereafter only be known as "The Bullets."

So just for discussion, is the next thing to be discussed is all these towns, cities, counties, street names, rivers named after Indian tribes going to go next?

So just for discussion, is the next thing to be discussed is all these towns, cities, counties, street names, rivers named after Indian tribes going to go next?
Not sure...

Interestingly, when this all started a few years ago, the Seminole tribe gave their blessing to Florida State; they looked at it as honoring their tribe. Not sure why "Indians" as a general term is so much worse. "Redskins" is easier to understand why that term is considered derogatory.

The real litmus test is what about the Note Dame Fighting Irish? And their little pissed off leprechaun logo? Is that OK? :)

Not sure...

Interestingly, when this all started a few years ago, the Seminole tribe gave their blessing to Florida State; they looked at it as honoring their tribe. Not sure why "Indians" as a general term is so much worse. "Redskins" is easier to understand why that term is considered derogatory.

The real litmus test is what about the Note Dame Fighting Irish? And their little pissed off leprechaun logo? Is that OK? :)
Yes, Notre Dame is ok because...
1. People know it's a nickname, it's not life or death, it's a white person...and
2. It's sports, it's supposed to be light and not taken so seriously

We have a real weird dynamic going on today. People, all races and genders, are calling for "equality". Yet at every turn, minorities and genders (women) separate themselves when it only benefits them. I don't think anyone is negative towards Black Lives Matter, but the notion is that we should believe that ALL lives matter, but that's not good enough for them. It's just nonsense.
Just when you treat everyone equal, they want to be separated, the LGBTQ movement for instance.

Should be Norte Dame Irish. Fighting is Offensive, sounds like they are violent and the leprechaun should be a transgender black with red hair???‍♂️. This sh it is all totally ridiculous!!!