OHC 2021

LELL

Can The Burg and the Knights repeat in the North and South respectively? Who has the most returning/transfers or move ins?

I think it's West Jefferson and Greeneview in 2021. Sleepers who could really stir things up are Northeastern and Catholic Central (yes, I said it).

I think the south will once again come down to Greenon and Greeneview. I don’t see Catholic Central anywhere in the mix in the south. The north still belongs to the burg and West Jeff will contest for their spot.

West Jefferson and Greeneview win the North and South in 2021, respectively. (im being unbiased here)

Greeneview has a lot of talent coming up and Greenon is losing a lot. Greenon still has some talent so they are capable, but Greeneview is the safe bet. Greenon is well coached enough to never be out of the mix. Greenon @ Greeneview will be week 10 again next year (two years in a row at Greeneview week 10? don't like that at all)

Ill take West Jeff because Buescher. He's very good. Burg lost most all contributors outside Conley and Hurst. Again, Roughriders seem like the safe pick. And again, Mechanicsburg is too well coached to ever be out of the mix.

3rd place in the south next year is a crapshoot, but ill take Cedarville with the amount of seniors they will have as well as not losing many players.

Northeastern should take 3rd in the North next year.

i’m hearing rumblings that some schools want West Jefferson and Greenon out of the league. it’s hard to understand for me, Greenon is a great geographical fit in the south, and West Jefferson is a great fit in the North with Burg, West Lib, and Fairbanks.

so how do we fix this?

1. eliminate 1 crossover game to make it two. then, make crossovers based off either size or previous year standings. would guarantee Catholic Central and Cedarville likely wouldn’t play West Jeff or West Lib.

2. go to big and small divisions, or expand altogether. we can keep rivalries in 2 crossover games.

i would like the crossover rotation to be changed either way. 1st game a more traditional rivalry game, and the the 2nd crossover be based off of the previous years standings.

i’m hearing rumblings that some schools want West Jefferson and Greenon out of the league. it’s hard to understand for me, Greenon is a great geographical fit in the south, and West Jefferson is a great fit in the North with Burg, West Lib, and Fairbanks.

so how do we fix this?

1. eliminate 1 crossover game to make it two. then, make crossovers based off either size or previous year standings. would guarantee Catholic Central and Cedarville likely wouldn’t play West Jeff or West Lib.

2. go to big and small divisions, or expand altogether. we can keep rivalries in 2 crossover games.

i would like the crossover rotation to be changed either way. 1st game a more traditional rivalry game, and the the 2nd crossover be based off of the previous years standings.

They should do something similar to the MAC. The top in the North play the top in the South. But that wont help NE at all. I could see them wanting WJ out.
I haven't heard about Greenon. Really!? Not sure who is wanting them out.

They should do something similar to the MAC. The top in the North play the top in the South. But that wont help NE at all. I could see them wanting WJ out.
I haven't heard about Greenon. Really!? Not sure who is wanting them out.
Cedarville isn’t a big fan of having Greenon in the league. they were against the addition in the first place.

Big- Greenon, West Liberty Salem, Greeneview, West Jefferson, Madison Plains, Fairbanks

Small- Cedarville, Catholic Central, Southeastern, Northeastern, Mechanicsburg, Triad, Northeastern.

i think we are heading towards this or else, a couple schools may be out

Last edited:
Cedarville isn’t a big fan of having Greenon in the league. they were against the addition in the first place.

Big- Greenon, West Liberty Salem, Greeneview, West Jefferson, Madison Plains, Fairbanks

Small- Cedarville, Catholic Central, Southeastern, Northeastern, Mechanicsburg, Triad, Northeastern.

I think if you just switch NE and Greenon, that would work. It's going to be tough to move GV north since SE and Ced are in the South. These teams have played each other yearly and they want that to continue. And switching Mech to the south wont happen either.
It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds.

I think if you just switch NE and Greenon, that would work. It's going to be tough to move GV north since SE and Ced are in the South. These teams have played each other yearly and they want that to continue. And switching Mech to the south wont happen either.
It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds.
there’s really not a good way to align the league. this could lead to another realignment soon. who knows, Greeneview may want in with the Fayette and Clinton county schools.

would the CBC take a Greenon/West Jefferson package? who knows.

GHS I think separating Burg and Triad from West Liberty would make them want to leave

there’s really not a good way to align the league. this could lead to another realignment soon. who knows, Greeneview may want in with the Fayette and Clinton county schools.

would the CBC take a Greenon/West Jefferson package? who knows.
Does Greenon want back in the CBC? I'd think the CBC would rather have WLS than anyone. Right off 68.

Does Greenon want back in the CBC? I'd think the CBC would rather have WLS than anyone. Right off 68.
as a Greenon fan i’m indifferent. more rivals in the CBC but 3/4 would be crossovers. divisional alignment is better in the OHC for us. travel probably slightly better in OHC, the only drives I really dread between the OHC/CBC are Fairbanks, Ben Logan, and Triad. i suppose North Union would be bad as well.

remember, Greenon is right off of 68 as well. and 70.

if Greenon leaves, i see them trying to convince the other Clark County schools to form a league with some champaign/miami county schools or else greeneview.

GHS - Have you herd why these school(s) want Greenon and West Jeff out?

I think no league movement for all involved is best for the time being. All schools in the OHC are close in size, the longest travel time is about a hour, no schools appear to be abusing ‘open enrollment’ and football wise the OHC has had some success over the last 3 or 4 years.

Greenon is coming off their most successful football run, it wasn’t too long ago they were coming from the CBC into the OHC on a 25+ game losing streak. I don’t think their program is ready to go back to the CBC and compete. West Jeff would not have many options, nothing in Central Ohio area so they would either have to go independent or perhaps the CBC.

GHS - Have you herd why these school(s) want Greenon and West Jeff out?

I think no league movement for all involved is best for the time being. All schools in the OHC are close in size, the longest travel time is about a hour, no schools appear to be abusing ‘open enrollment’ and football wise the OHC has had some success over the last 3 or 4 years.

Greenon is coming off their most successful football run, it wasn’t too long ago they were coming from the CBC into the OHC on a 25+ game losing streak. I don’t think their program is ready to go back to the CBC and compete. West Jeff would not have many options, nothing in Central Ohio area so they would either have to go independent or perhaps the CBC.
Greenon- long travel from some North schools and much bigger than the D7's in the league. Greenon is largest school in league. 3 other schools in South haven't ben competitive with them in football the past 3 years.

West Jeff- consistently dominant football. West Jeff is average at every other sport, I feel they are a great fit. They're in the same boat as Mechanicsburg. but the original OHC schools feel as if they couldn't force Mechanicsburg out. West Jeff is newer so they feel they can.

if it's just a football issue, the simple solution is to eliminate the number of crossovers, which should've been done a long time ago.

I think Greenon could compete in the CBC on a yearly basis. I'm not saying they will ever win the league, but the 0-10 Greenon culture is gone.

West Jeff would absolutely compete in the CBC, but its just not a geographical fit with the Logan County schools.

GHS - WJ is more than average in the other sports. Softball reach Final four and baseball was ranked #1 just a couple of years ago. The indoor baseball/softball/football facility that WJ is building will only help these sports as well. WJ has competed in basketball in the OHC also, the MSL was extremely competitive in basketball.

So it doesn’t sound like any school has a specific reason/incident for wanting Greenon and/or WJ out of the league.

GHS - WJ is more than average in the other sports. Softball reach Final four and baseball was ranked #1 just a couple of years ago. The indoor baseball/softball/football facility that WJ is building will only help these sports as well. WJ has competed in basketball in the OHC also, the MSL was extremely competitive in basketball.

So it doesn’t sound like any school has a specific reason/incident for wanting Greenon and/or WJ out of the league.
you’re right- totally forgot they had great baseball and softball programs! i was thinking soccer, basketball, volleyball, track, cross country, etc.

i had no idea they built an indoor facility- good for them! everyone here would love to see pictures.

and yes, no singular incidents

Where did you hear these grumblings? I know and talk to a lot of ADs, coaches and fans from across the OHC and not once have I ever heard this. I’ve heard it about Catholic Central, but never Greenon or West Jefferson.

Most folks I speak with dislike West Jeff, but agree they’re good for the league and improving it; especially when it comes to football. And I’ve never heard one gripe about Greenon.

I don’t think that there’s one flicker of fire to this smoke.

NO inside info at all here, but Im guessing, and I even go back to the old WCOC, that some of the original OHC schools were happy with the way things were and did not want to expand at all. It was kind of pushed through by a couple of schools. So im guessing thats where some of it comes from.
Im guessing the small South schools dont like getting beat up by a big Greenon school, and feel like they are at a constant disadvantage.
I also wonder if the North feels like WJ is an 80 man roster monster with soon to come indoor facilities and will dominate FB for years to come.
BUt again, thats just my thoughts, no real inside info.
I do know that some WJ fans have rubbed some of the other schools the wrong way and they are getting tired of it. So maybe its a cultural fit? Not trying to start a flame war here, just something I did hear from someone who would know.

NO inside info at all here, but Im guessing, and I even go back to the old WCOC, that some of the original OHC schools were happy with the way things were and did not want to expand at all. It was kind of pushed through by a couple of schools. So im guessing thats where some of it comes from.
Im guessing the small South schools dont like getting beat up by a big Greenon school, and feel like they are at a constant disadvantage.
I also wonder if the North feels like WJ is an 80 man roster monster with soon to come indoor facilities and will dominate FB for years to come.
I do know that some WJ fans have rubbed some of the other schools the wrong way and they are getting tired of it. So maybe its a cultural fit? Not trying to start a flame war here, just something I did hear from someone who would know.
I think it's a combination of all of these above. Greenon needs to be in the North with the other big schools. GV, SE and Ced have been in the same conference as long as I can remember and they don't mind GV, but Greenon is another story. The OHC helped them with getting their winning ways back on track and it seems that the Greenon fans want more competition now that they got their legs under them. Either go to the North or go back to the CBC.

This league needs to axe at least one crossover game.

As far as grumblings, it sounds like people are having buyer's remorse and miss the 8 team format.

I agree to only one crossover game and that game should be base on last years standings. 1 plays 1, etc. The schools need to schedule better as well to qualify for the playoffs. I haven't heard of any grumblings besides Greenon now claiming no competition in the South. It was just 2016 that they were in the CBC and they gave no competition. Go figure.

I agree to only one crossover game and that game should be base on last years standings. 1 plays 1, etc. The schools need to schedule better as well to qualify for the playoffs. I haven't heard of any grumblings besides Greenon now claiming no competition in the South. It was just 2016 that they were in the CBC and they gave no competition. Go figure.
Greenon is fine playing in the south. it’s the Catholic Central’s and Cedarville’s who don’t like it. i wish Greenon still had more games with the clark county CBC schools but this is good as well. i’ve enjoyed the Greeneview rivalry we have developed and hope it continues on for years to come.

you’re about right on the money here.

I think it's a combination of all of these above. Greenon needs to be in the North with the other big schools. GV, SE and Ced have been in the same conference as long as I can remember and they don't mind GV, but Greenon is another story. The OHC helped them with getting their winning ways back on track and it seems that the Greenon fans want more competition now that they got their legs under them. Either go to the North or go back to the CBC.
would be okay with playing in a revamped North and would also be okay in the current South. my issue is that the schools looking to be competitive come playoff time NEED an extra non-conference game. i think you’ll eliminate most issues if you take away the 3rd crossover. i don’t love the idea of going back to the CBC, as they would throw Greenon in the Mad River and its just not a fit.

Where did you hear these grumblings? I know and talk to a lot of ADs, coaches and fans from across the OHC and not once have I ever heard this. I’ve heard it about Catholic Central, but never Greenon or West Jefferson.

Most folks I speak with dislike West Jeff, but agree they’re good for the league and improving it; especially when it comes to football. And I’ve never heard one gripe about Greenon.

I don’t think that there’s one flicker of fire to this smoke.
for the most part, it’s the original 8 who wished they could keep it that way. i’ve heard some schools aren’t a fan of the direction catholic central is going, as well. but the original 8, outside of maybe mechanicsburg and greeneview, weren’t fans of the West Jeff and Greenon additions.

for the most part, it’s the original 8 who wished they could keep it that way. i’ve heard some schools aren’t a fan of the direction catholic central is going, as well. but the original 8, outside of maybe mechanicsburg and greeneview, weren’t fans of the West Jeff and Greenon additions.

It had to pass by majority to expand. So at least 5 of the original 8 voted to add these schools. As I recall, it was announced as a unanimous decision, so all 8 voted for the expansion.

Are there ways to improve the OHC? Absolutely. Do I think anyone is legitimately talking about wanting to remove anyone (other than CC)? Not anyone making any school related athletic decisions.

The conference has gotten stronger with the additions of West Jefferson, Fairbanks, Greenon and Madison Plains. The grass isn't greener anywhere else. We can dissect it all we want, the OHC is as good as the conference can get for it's geographical footprint.

If anything, I could see the smaller southern schools back out (ie. Cedarville, Southeastern, SCC). But I don't think anything is going to happen or needs to happen.

Reference 1: https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ohc-welcomes-madison-plains-fairbanks/RhliJh7CaQt4Rbm3vUgwGI/
The expansion was unanimously approved by conference members and announced Thursday. It’ll mark the first change since the OHC debuted in 2001. [\quote]

Last edited: