Ohio State vs Michigan game cancelled

Not me, I’m a Buckeyes fan first and UC second and the Buckeyes are by far the best team in the conference. I just wish they wouldn’t have screwed this up so bad from the jump.
I'm a Buckeyes fan first also, but I won't let my fandom get in the way of what I see as obvious BS, if the B10 ends up bending the rules.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
I've got a couple of senarios...

A. Just push the Ohio State/ Michigan game back to next Saturday, Dec. 19th. It really doesn't matter who the Buckeyes play in the big ten championship, it's irrelevant. Northwestern is #14 so it's not even a real championship game as far as the playoffs go. OSU/ Michigan next week, Buckeyes get their 6th game in and the rivalry continues.

or...if somehow the Buckeyes don't get into the playoff, have the Ohio State / Michigan game on New Year's Day, what better matchup. Play in Indianapolis so the weather isn't a factor.

Supposedly there is a conference call this morning among the ADs on the best path forward for the balance of the B1G season. Multiple games are probably being cancelled this weekend and there is a worry that IU might not be able to play in the championship game as they may have to cancel the game against Purdue due to positive COVID-19 tests within the program . The conference doesn't want to lose the playoff $s too so they may move the target to insure tOSU gets the title on the resume for the committee.

Supposedly there is a conference call this morning among the ADs on the best path forward for the balance of the B1G season. Multiple games are probably being cancelled this weekend and there is a worry that IU might not be able to play in the championship game as they may have to cancel the game against Purdue due to positive COVID-19 tests within the program . The conference doesn't want to lose the playoff $s too so they may move the target to insure tOSU gets the title on the resume for the committee.
I don't have any doubts the conference is going to do EVERYTHING they can to get the Buckeyes into the big ten championship game. The whole reason the big ten even considered playing the season is because they knew Ohio State had a great shot to get there. It will be really interesting to me to see if the playoff committee are impressed enough with the Buckeyes to put them in, even if they are 6-0 with a big ten championship, which this year means little.

Looks like the call went down and the B1G is making changes pending votes from the by a larger group that includes the athletic directors, the senior women administrators, and ultimately approval from the university presidents and chancellors: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...5/sources-big-ten-expected-change-6-game-rule

The rules weren't broken. The avg games were going down, allowing OSU to play in the B1G.

B10 got arrogant and it backfired when it turned out the conference doesn't have the sway they think they do. ACC, B12, SEC, and many of the G5 conferences handled this infinitely better than the B10.

They did. Should have just played from the start. No point in delaying the season to implement all the protocols to prevent games from being canceled. They clearly didn't work.

Changing the rules was right though. No point in sending anyone other than Indiana or OSU to the conference championship game.

They did. Should have just played from the start. No point in delaying the season to implement all the protocols to prevent games from being canceled. They clearly didn't work.

Changing the rules was right though. No point in sending anyone other than Indiana or OSU to the conference championship game.
Agreed all around. I was peeved initially about the possibility of B10 changing the rule, but when you consider that win or lose a 6th game OSU still makes the B10CG, it makes sense. Also the H2H result, obviously.

64696E49-E5C2-4CF3-AD1D-DB5EE9B0D4CC.jpeg

geez o pete, they have one of the cushiest college locations in the nation, supposedly a bunch of smart people and they can't keep themselves healthy for the cause?